Best Buy Memorial Day Weekend Sale - YMMV

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I'll be posting in regional deals also, but most likely your local Best Buy store will have a table near the door filled with discounted merchandise for this Memorial Day weekend.

My local BB had:

- Batteries - Energizer & Duracell flat cell batteries, AA, AAA packs
- Fender Distortion Pedals $14.99 to $19.99
- Guitar Hero T-Shirts $0.99
- Guitar Hero Corded & Wireless Guitars for 360\PS3 $9.99
- MP3 Cases, Adapters, Accessories (iPod's, Sansa's, etc)
- MP3 Clock Radio's from Bose, Dynex, Phillips
- PC Games (Space Chimps, Dungeon Runners with 6month subscription, Two Worlds, Rhem3, and others $5 each)
- Wii Fit Accessories & Merchandise (towels, water bottles, wrist straps - as low as $0.50)
- General Clearance Merchandise (normally marked with red tags or yellow round BB tags further marked down)

The employees putting out items said that the category of items should be the same among retail stores nationwide, but the exact products in each category would differ. He seemed to think MP3 accessories, batteries, Guitar Hero Guitars, PC Software, and the Fender items would be the most likely to find.

Might be worth checking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sagecooker']When does this start?[/QUOTE]
going by the title....I would guess this weekend;)
EDIT: Thanx op!!!!!!!!!! I'll check it out 2morrow when I'm in the neighbor hood. Always use more plastic guitars floating around. Naw I do need one actually

I'm going to drop by another location later today to compare sale tables.

If your store doesn't carry instruments, they may not have the discounted pedals. Most stores I've seen and heard about tend to have a small to medium sized general sound & instrument section. Some of the larger metro areas have stores with entire music store sections.

[quote name='chimpster1313']depending on the maker, $10 for a wireless 360 guitar is freaking AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

If you have a good eye and can determine from low res camera phone photos, I can upload one here. But different stores may be discounting different items.

Both of the stores around me carry instruments...but there's not really an entire section for it. Just like a couple aisles.

I'll still look though.

Any word one when this happening. as of today delaware best buy nothing.
The wireless guitar deal is awesome. I would hate to miss it.

i'd like to know when this sale happens too. i remember picking up a western digital 500GB hardrive for 40 bucks a few years back.

Probably just a YMMV clearance, but the Columbia MD store had a table for clearance titles that was new. There were about 20 Gears 2 CE for $25. Also MK vs. DC CE for $30.

[quote name='Mack99']Any word one when this happening. as of today delaware best buy nothing.
The wireless guitar deal is awesome. I would hate to miss it.[/QUOTE]

Delaware Best Buys rarely have anything, especially if it's a YMMV clearance and not chainwide.

[quote name='Josef']Delaware Best Buys rarely have anything, especially if it's a YMMV clearance and not chainwide.[/QUOTE]

The first part of what you said def explains alot about our best buys.

Best Buy in Leesburg,VA was having another $9.99 sale. Not nearly as many titles this time. I am just going off memory here but I saw the following:

Mercenaries 2 (X Box 360)
Wall-E (X Box 360)
Rock Revolution (X Box 360)
NBA Inside 09 (PS3)
Samba...? (Wii)
Halo 3 spanish edition (X Box 360)

There were a couple more games for each console but I don't recall exactly what they were. I can say that Mercenaries 2 was the only title I picked up. The rest were pretty crappy. Anyway, if you have have been waiting for Merc 2 to hit $9.99, it is worth the trip.

Anyone else see anything similar at their local Best Buy?

[quote name='ButcherShopCandy']

[/QUOTE]

Does Master Chief speak Spanish? :lol:

[quote name='ButcherShopCandy']Best Buy in Leesburg,VA was having another $9.99 sale. Not nearly as many titles this time. I am just going off memory here but I saw the following:

Mercenaries 2 (X Box 360)
Wall-E (X Box 360)
Rock Revolution (X Box 360)
NBA Inside 09 (PS3)
Samba...? (Wii)

There were a couple more games for each console but I don't recall exactly what they were. I can say that Mercenaries 2 was the only title I picked up. The rest were pretty crappy. Anyway, if you have have been waiting for Merc 2 to hit $9.99, it is worth the trip.

Anyone else see anything similar at their local Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Yellow stickers [manager overrides] or nationwide sales?

[quote name='TomoyoN']Yellow stickers [manager overrides] or nationwide sales?[/QUOTE]

No idea. There was a printed sign above the stand alone rack.

Just scored COD:WaW Collector's Edition for PC. Was placed on a table with LotRo CE and a 60% off sign.

$28 bucks only. Had to make sure they put the discount in at the front. It originally rung up for $69.99.

And I was sad I missed the 25 dollar Steam Sale. lol

BEST BUY COULD GO SUCK MY DINGER! and STICK IT UP THE A!* I just got off the phone with them about the 20% off deal there promoting (it took me 1 hour to get to talk to them). The promotion still on the frickin site but the discount is gone from every video game item and accessory. The BITCH I talked to told me the deal is OVER, but there isn't an expiration date. She then told me, "They will not honor the deal and to have a very nice day". THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE A**!

Went to 3 BB in Orange County, CA but didn't really find anything I wanted. One store had 15% off anything they had put a red tag/sticker on. Another had 10% off if you bought any 3 video games. The last store I went to put out some video games on a table, and saw Final Fantasy Tactics GH (PSP) for $20, Saints Row 2 Collectors (X360) for $40, Fallout 3 Collectors (X360) for $50, and a few other bundles.

[quote name='The What?']BEST BUY COULD GO SUCK MY DINGER! and STICK IT UP THE A!* I just got off the phone with them about the 20% off deal there promoting (it took me 1 hour to get to talk to them). The promotion still on the frickin site but the discount is gone from every video game item and accessory. The BITCH I talked to told me the deal is OVER, but there isn't an expiration date. She then told me, "They will not honor the deal and to have a very nice day". THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE A**![/QUOTE]

All right, we get the point. You don't like Best Buy. There really is no need to post this in every Best Buy thread.

[quote name='The What?']BEST BUY COULD GO SUCK MY DINGER! and STICK IT UP THE A!* I just got off the phone with them about the 20% off deal there promoting (it took me 1 hour to get to talk to them). The promotion still on the frickin site but the discount is gone from every video game item and accessory. The BITCH I talked to told me the deal is OVER, but there isn't an expiration date. She then told me, "They will not honor the deal and to have a very nice day". THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE A**![/QUOTE]
Next time BBY has great deals on games (e.g. the recent $9.99 sale and the free You're in the Movies), make sure you stay far away because they suck so bad. You wouldn't want to give such a crappy company any of your money.

Me? I've never had a problem with them and think they offer great deals from time to time.

No table here. Just pallets stacked with Wii Fit and Wii Sports at full price. I guess they figure that the masses consider that a sale.

At another store I saw Rock Band (360) for $25, which I used to think was a deal.

I am visiting San Diego this weekend and I was in the Best Buy in Las Mesa, CA and they had a small bin up front by the registers with the 50% off red dots on them. Mostly crap, but I did find 'Castlevania Judgment' for the Wii normally $39.99 which came out to $19.99 after the markdown. It's still $40.00 at most places. I know, I know... technically it's crap too... but it's a crap game that I am interested in. =)

[quote name='evisto']I am visiting San Diego this weekend and I was in the Best Buy in Las Mesa, CA and they had a small bin up front by the registers with the 50% off red dots on them. Mostly crap, but I did find 'Castlevania Judgment' for the Wii normally $39.99 which came out to $19.99 after the markdown. It's still $40.00 at most places. I know, I know... technically it's crap too... but it's a crap game that I am interested in. =)[/QUOTE]

Me and my girlfriend work at that Best Buy >.>

Wilkes Barre, PA had no table, but a nice rack of 80 percent off stuff including the DDR dance mats...

They also had a bunch of Rock Revolutions on the shelf for PS3 and 360 marked at 19.99 - 80 percent

I picked one up a few weeks back at the 10 game sale and was able to bring in my receipt... It ended up costing me 1.99 plus tax!!!!

20% off? What the hell are you talking about? Also, please stop spamming every Best Buy thread with this exact post.

bread's done
Back