Best Buy Mission Valley Gamers Club!

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
!!!MAJOR UPDATE!!!
Your Best Buy Mission Valley is now price matching Amazon INCLUDING no tax. Why wait for your game while you can come to our store and get it faster and for the same exact price! I've fought hard to get this fella's so please take advantage of it!!

Now, let's get this out of the way. I realize most CAG's that have shopped at Best Buy may not have had the greatest experience, however I genuinely hope that I can change peoples perception of our store.

Now that that's out of the way, my name is Neal and I am currently the gaming senior in Best Buy Mission Valleys gaming department. The company, and our store, is currently going through a transformation that involves new leadership and a dedicated gaming sales staff. My supervisor and I consider ourselves pretty big gamers and are really looking forward at an opportunity to start fresh with the gaming community.

First of all I would like to say thanks to all our San Diego CAG's who shop at Best Buy Mission Valley, we really appreciate your business. I've personally met a few of you and would love to see you again! Second I would like to offer my personal help with any Best Buy issues you may have regarding any gaming purchase. I can guarantee you that I'll try everything in my power to make you leave happy. During our midnight release of L.A. Noire we happily price matched the game to $48.99 for every customer (as it was on our Reward Zone Gamer's Club application) and gave each and every person a copy of @Gamer magazine, a Coke and an exclusive DLC code.

If you haven't already please "like" our Facebook page (link provided downwards). I'll post all of our store specific clearance, advertised and un-advertised sales every Sunday. Feel free to ask what we have in stock and I'll try my best to give you a speedy answer. Please "Like" our Facebook page as I will be constantly updating it with promotions, gaming news and exclusive DLC codes!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-Buy-Reward-Zone-Gamers-Club-Mission-Valley/226325234050196

Thanks!

Update: I just got more L.A. Noire codes for each system! Same rules as before, if you "like" our Facebook page and comment, I'll make sure to send you a code for the game. If you already "liked" our page and would like a code for a friend, then I'll give one away to any person who pre-orders a game or brings games to trade in while I'm working!

P.S. Don't forget our store is doing trade ins now and we not only have a online game estimator but we give $5 more (on average) than Gamestop! Bring by your old games and we will take them off your hands for a fair price!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nealocus123']Awesome link! I'm glad we're starting an official "membership" to compete with Gamestop. In my opinion (despite the fact that I work for Best Buy) @Gamer is a better magazine option when compared to GameInformer simply because of the coupons..[/QUOTE]

I actually like the magazine. Better articles to me and coupons are always nice. Gameinformer is to me a little bias. And I'm more into niche games and they always talk down on them. I understand that bigger profile games is where money is made.

[quote name='elessar123']Eh, the articles in GI are better. And coupons only bring prices down to what most stores sell them for. If you could actually use them on sale prices, they'd actually be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Even though, still rivals Gamestop. Yeah I agree that most of the times these coupons don't really give you big savings...but it's something. Gamestop rarely discounts games. Who knows? Maybe we'll get better coupons down the road since they seem to be getting more aggressive.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']

Even though, still rivals Gamestop. Yeah I agree that most of the times these coupons don't really give you big savings...but it's something. Gamestop rarely discounts games. Who knows? Maybe we'll get better coupons down the road since they seem to be getting more aggressive.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd prefer a $5 coupon than can be used on sale prices, than a $20 that can't.

So as of right now the computer will let you use the coupons on sale items. Come see me personally and I'll make sure you get taken care of (yes that means $20 off Dragon Age 2) . I have no problem helping out a fellow CAG as long as it doesn't get abused.

Oh and we finally got our first shipment of used games! So that 50% off coupon looks a lot nicer now :D

[quote name='Nealocus123']So as of right now the computer will let you use the coupons on sale items. Come see me personally and I'll make sure you get taken care of (yes that means $20 Dragon Age 2). I have no problem helping out a fellow CAG as long as it doesn't get abused.

Oh and we finally got our first shipment of used games! So that 50% off coupon looks a lot nicer now :D[/QUOTE]

Oh smack!

[quote name='elessar123']Oh smack![/QUOTE]

I edited this post, I meant to say $20 OFF Dragon Age 2! It is normal price right now but if it changes anytime soon then you can still use the coupon :)

Hey, Neal, got a price match question for you.

Yesterday I took this week's Target ad (Buy 1, get 1 50% off) to the Best Buy in Oceanside (since I work near there) in order to get the deal working for 4 games (inFAMOUS 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Alice: Madness Returns, Child of Eden). Took it to customer service and they made a call to Target to verify that they carried those games. According to the Target rep on the phone, the deal only applied to those games on the ad which meant that I did get Duke and inFAMOUS to be part of the deal but not Alice and Eden. This was perplexing to me since the ad said that the deal was good on over 100 titles in the store (which, to me, means every game) but since I was doing a price match I wasn't going to argue.

I plan on going to a Target store soon to see if both Alice and Eden are really part of the sale, trying to prove that the Target guy made a mistake. If he did make a mistake, how do I go about this with Best Buy? Can I just bring them back my receipt and evidence that the Target rep was wrong in orer to get my discount or would I have to return and rebuy the games to get the discount? Just curious to see how this would be handled.

Thanks much for the help.

[quote name='dumlaox']Hey, Neal, got a price match question for you.

Yesterday I took this week's Target ad (Buy 1, get 1 50% off) to the Best Buy in Oceanside (since I work near there) in order to get the deal working for 4 games (inFAMOUS 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Alice: Madness Returns, Child of Eden). Took it to customer service and they made a call to Target to verify that they carried those games. According to the Target rep on the phone, the deal only applied to those games on the ad which meant that I did get Duke and inFAMOUS to be part of the deal but not Alice and Eden. This was perplexing to me since the ad said that the deal was good on over 100 titles in the store (which, to me, means every game) but since I was doing a price match I wasn't going to argue.

I plan on going to a Target store soon to see if both Alice and Eden are really part of the sale, trying to prove that the Target guy made a mistake. If he did make a mistake, how do I go about this with Best Buy? Can I just bring them back my receipt and evidence that the Target rep was wrong in orer to get my discount or would I have to return and rebuy the games to get the discount? Just curious to see how this would be handled.

Thanks much for the help.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't have to return / rebuy because they could just alter the transaction on the current receipt. The think that's the worst is that each store is different, so sometimes their could be a very simple way of taking care of a problem, however sometimes the employees will have no idea how to do it.

If Target has any signage on the games itself that you can take a picture of, I think that would be the easiest thing to do. Let me know how this works out.

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']what's this $20 off coupon?!!?[/QUOTE]

Their are several $20 off coupon's in this month's issue of @Gamer magazine. $20 off Dragon Age II, Need for Speed: Shift Unleashed 2, %50 off any pre-owned title, and several more.

Neal,

You're pretty cool. I wish most BB employees were like you! I'd definitely shop at BB more often.

[quote name='dumlaox']Hey, Neal, got a price match question for you.

Thanks much for the help.[/QUOTE]

Alice and Eden are sadly not part of the sale. It's not every game, in fact, most games are not included in the sale. A typical Target has over 100 unique Wii games alone in stock at any given time and total it's probably more like 400-500 across all platforms just based on my rough count at Otay Ranch last weekend.

Finally! Was able to make it to mission valley Best Buy and meet the mastermind Neal. Didn't get to pricematch Amazon yet, but after his help yesterday with a CAGer purchase, I'm gonna go outta my way and make sure I shop more often at MV instead of Otay Ranch. Get ready for some Amazon PMing! Thanks again Neal, its people like you making Best Buy into a more appealing place to purchase from.

[quote name='gabolous']Finally! Was able to make it to mission valley Best Buy and meet the mastermind Neal. Didn't get to pricematch Amazon yet, but after his help yesterday with a CAGer purchase, I'm gonna go outta my way and make sure I shop more often at MV instead of Otay Ranch. Get ready for some Amazon PMing! Thanks again Neal, its people like you making Best Buy into a more appealing place to purchase from.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'm just glad I could help out.

Just a heads up to everyone, the @Gamer coupons can now be officially used on sale prices. They released a bulletin in our employee news about it. The current issue's terms of use couldn't be updated in time but the next issue should have different wording. I'm excited to see what kind of discounts we'll be offering.

Just a quest Neal. You have a buy 1 kinect game get one in ad. Will you price Mactch someone else's price and give the buy one get one

[quote name='Nealocus123']Just a heads up to everyone, the @Gamer coupons can now be officially used on sale prices. They released a bulletin in our employee news about it. The current issue's terms of use couldn't be updated in time but the next issue should have different wording. I'm excited to see what kind of discounts we'll be offering.[/QUOTE]

Great to hear this is official.

Wish you were up here in Los Angeles, Neal!

[quote name='L0sther0']Just a quest Neal. You have a buy 1 kinect game get one in ad. Will you price Mactch someone else's price and give the buy one get one[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been off for the last few days. I will have to verify with a manager if we can do this, I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the ad for this week but we are doing a B2G1 on ALL games. You can mix and match all you want, the lowest value game will be the free one. The threads been a bit slow lately, keep the questions / comments coming. I would love to keep improving the department to the best of my ability.

On another note, we are holding our first gaming tournament. Specific rules and times still need to be discussed, but we are holding a Madden 2012 tournament (loosely based off the official Madden Challenge rules) a week after the games release. We plan on having pizza and soda for all participants. The winner will get a $75-$100 Best Buy Gift Card, 2nd place $50 GC and 3rd a $25 GC. All you need for entry is to pre-order Madden 2012 and let the associate know to put you on the list (which is in our Gaming Binder). Please make sure to pre-order with a GAMING associate as no one else in the store will probably know about it. Make sure to invite your friends! Thanks!

Hey Neal, I just got a new 360 slim 250 gb less than a week ago. Noticed BB is throwing in a $50 GC with a new purchase this week. I shouldn't have any problems doing a price/deal adjustment should I? Thanks. Looking to get it done tomorrow.

Neal, is your location still price matching Amazon? There's something in a few weeks I'm hoping to buy. I know you said its something that may not last too long. Just curious if you still did and if there is a date that you guys may stop?

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Neal, is your location still price matching Amazon? There's something in a few weeks I'm hoping to buy. I know you said its something that may not last too long. Just curious if you still did and if there is a date that you guys may stop?[/QUOTE]

Yeah we are still matching Amazon, however if it's a insanely large difference a manager could turn it down.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Would BB match TRU's Madden preorder price[/QUOTE]

We would, however in our system it will only let a customer put down a maximum of $5 for any pre order. If we had the ability to charge e full amount then we could PM TRUs price but since we can't do that, we cant match the price. However its pretty likely that somewhere within the 30 days after Madden is released it will go on sale, and then we could PM it to whatever price that may be.

[quote name='Nealocus123']We would, however in our system it will only let a customer put down a maximum of $5 for any pre order. If we had the ability to charge e full amount then we could PM TRUs price but since we can't do that, we cant match the price. However its pretty likely that somewhere within the 30 days after Madden is released it will go on sale, and then we could PM it to whatever price that may be.[/QUOTE]
Would we be able to save a print out of the price and still get it honored? I spoke to the manager last time when I picked up some games during the B2G1 sale and he seemed pretty cool about everything.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Would we be able to save a print out of the price and still get it honored? I spoke to the manager last time when I picked up some games during the B2G1 sale and he seemed pretty cool about everything.[/QUOTE]

That's a good question, I'll have to ask our manager. Like you said, he's pretty cool about most things so it shouldn't be an issue. However like I said I'll need to run it by him first. Print out the price anyways just in case. You'll have to wait until next week though for a straight answer (because I'm schedualed off this weekend and our manager is schedualed of the next 2 days).

We're currently having a pretty decent trade in promotion right now. Recive an extra 40% trade in value when you pre-order any future release game.

Also, don't forget that we're still having the Madden tournament a week after it's release. We'll have some good food and some cool prizes so if you want to test your luck, pre-order Madden 12 with any gaming associate and sign up by either PM'ing me here or on our Madden sign up sheet (ask a gaming associate where it is). Thanks CAG's!

[quote name='Furashu']whats the deal with the HP touchpads?[/QUOTE]

Otay Ranch claimed they already sent them back this morning. Chula Vista claims they sold out of 16GB, but might have a few 32GB tomorrow morning at opening. The manager refused to sell any tonite and claimed he couldn't, although he was walking around with a list of names so I'm guessing they were good customers or employees he was holding them for. Pretty frustrating experience considering I just want one and I'm not some reseller looking to turn a profit.

Alright guys, it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread and for that I apologize. They have me running a couple different stores gaming departments and with that and college I am swamped! Anyways, if anyone was so kind as to come to our midnight release for Gears of War 3 last night (or this morning) then I owe you another apology.

With the unbelievably massive construction we're undergoing it was a complete pain in the ass to have that release. Hopefully you guys didn't wait too long and if you did please don't think it will be the case for our next midnight release. After the store is finished not only is it going to look absolutely amazing, but everything from registers, wireless networks, even our POS system is being replaced and upgraded to enhance and quicken your guys experience.

Also contrary to popular belief, the mechanical Baird DLC will be emailed to each person who pre ordered the game, it IS NOT in the game box.

Feel free to post your thought, recommendations, criticisms, etc. Thank you.

[quote name='gabolous']Hey Neal, do you guys pm Kmart? Or Toys R US' gc? I know it's YMMV when it comes to PMing those.[/QUOTE]

Sorry unfortunately we have strict rules not to PM any giftcards.

Matching bundles and free items are gone. There used to be a section on how they would match gift cards from other retailers. I guess now it's down to 1:1 matching of a single item.

[quote name='gabolous']What changed?[/QUOTE]

Here's a snapshot on archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/20100528...ee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

Old language:
How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?

The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed.

How do you handle a price match if the competitor's price includes a rebate or other promotional offer?

The competitor's net purchase price is calculated by deducting instant discounts taken at the register such as instant rebates. Mail-in rebates and other deferred savings are not deducted from the competitor's purchase price.

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

New language: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011
Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?

No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.

Went by BB yesterday day with my kid and picked up some Blu's from Neal who was more than happy to match some Amazon prices for me. Thanks again man. Let's go CAG's pay Neal a visit for his hard work!

Visited Mission Valley today and tried to get a price match on Tropico 4 at $30 based on the Bestbuy.com website. Manager claimed the SKU was different and wouldn't do it. Last time I go to that Best Buy. Corporate seemed to disagree with the moron's opinion though and issued me a $20 gift card charged to the store. Would recommend that everyone avoid Mission Valley store as they obviously have no interest in attracting and keeping loyal customers.

Hey Neal, do you know what is up with the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection release? I stopped by today after calling and getting it held only to find out it wasn't held and nobody knew where their copies were. IT showed that you and other locations have copies but none could be found.

Same happened at the Broadway Location. Called and was told they had it in their hand and once I got there nobody knew what was up. Was thinking about hitting Otay too but I traveled and was misled way too much to be in a good enough mood. Planning on trying again tomorrow. If I can't find a copy, I may have to go to Frys which I'm not looking forward to since its far.

EDIT: I called today Mission and they had it. I guess from the person I was talking to, they had it yesterday, but nobody could find it. With the release of CoD, I guess everything was crazy. They gladly helped me and apologize. Happy I can finally play it. I did call Broadway first to see if they found it. The girl on the phone kept telling me they only have copies held for preorder of the Hardened edition. How do you get Hardened from Metal Gear Solid!? Whatever. Everything is good now lol.

[quote name='Kali']Is Neal still around?[/QUOTE]

Was curious about this too. Each time I've went there recently, he wasn't there.

Neal takes care of me again!!! You CAGs in SD need to take advantage of Neals hook up! No other Best Buy does such a deal

bread's done
Back