Best Buy Music DVD clearance

crazedracerguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Picked up a bunch of DVDs from Best Buy tonight for REALLY cheap... There may be a few of you who like older music...

Tom Petty Anthology Box Set $29.99 (was 149.99)
Three Days Grace Concert DVD 1.99
The Police "Certifiable" 2DVD/2CD Set 4.99
Poison "Live, Raw and Uncut" DVD/CD Set 1.99
Tom Petty "Runnin' Down a Dream" Documentary 3DVD/1CD 4.99
Christina Aguilera Concert DVD 1.99
Rolling Stones Concert DVD Set 4.99
Elton John "Dream Ticket" DVD Set 4.99
Elton John "Red Piano" DVD/CD Set 4.99
Mariah Carey "Mimi" DVD 1.99
The Who "Amazing Journey" 3 DVD Set 1.99

Some others, too. There was a buttload of stuff.

That Tom Petty box is amazing. I may pick up a second to keep sealed.

If you're a fan (and judging by your avatar you are) my local best buy incorrectly priced the new Eddie Vedder bluray since the box art is only an inch shorter than the regular dvd and has no bluray markings.

The bluray rang up as $22 so I pointed out the $11 sticker on it. They switched it no questions asked. They were all priced at that.

It has the Tom Petty Anthology (the one you can buy separately has 4 CDs, the one in the box has 5), 400 Days Documentary on DVD, New Years 1978? Concert DVD, Vinyl copy of the 1978 Bootleg Album, BR disc of all tracks in 5.1 PCM sound, Book, Hard cover diary style notebook, silk reproductions of back stage passes from past tours. I think that's it. It's a hell of a deal for that price. The anthology (I already own the 4 CD one) is f'ing incredible in the first place. The other stuff is just really nice gravy on top...

They must be blowing out alot of there cds as well. I got several cds for $.49 and $.99. I got a live Police vinyl for $1.99 and Woodstock for $4.99.

[quote name='bigt7117']They must be blowing out alot of there cds as well. I got several cds for $.49 and $.99. I got a live Police vinyl for $1.99 and Woodstock for $4.99.[/QUOTE]

DAMN! No Woodstock vinyls anywhere around me...

[quote name='AshesofWake']well just ordered the tom petty runnin' down on a dream off the website anyway, yay! thx![/QUOTE]

Glad you got that... The Best Buy one is an exclusive - it has the Gainesville "Homecoming" concert on DVD - and it's pretty spectacular! The documentary is amazing, too.

The current 10% off media coupon works on these, too.

The Tom Petty anthology set was stickered $129.99 and showed the same price (marked down from reg. $149.99) on the in-store computer. Are you sure you didn't blindly miss the "1" in front of "29.99?" Sounds like you actually did buy it for $30, though?

(FWIW, the titles listed in the OP and a several others in the music DVD section were stickered with the new low prices, so I don't think they just passed over the Tom Petty set.)

Looking through the other music DVD selection, I made an impulse pickup of "Rachel Fuller presents In The Attic with Pete Townshend & Friends." It's stickered $4.99 but actually rang up as $0.49.

[quote name='dafunkk12']The current 10% off media coupon works on these, too.

The Tom Petty anthology set was stickered $129.99 and showed the same price (marked down from reg. $149.99) on the in-store computer. Are you sure you didn't blindly miss the "1" in front of "29.99?" Sounds like you actually did buy it for $30, though?

[/QUOTE]

Someone in the TP forums said they checked today, too, and it was 129.99. Strangely enough, I just peeled the stickers back on mine and it had 3 -- 124.99, then 99.99, then 29.99. All of them for the same SKU - 9601553. I wonder if they had, at some point, dropped the price, then took the price back to 129.99 when their stock got low? The girl at the register overrode the price for me, since it rang at 129.99...

[quote name='specter316']To the op: which store did you get the tom petty set at?[/QUOTE]

Fredericksburg, VA. It was the only set there. I wanted to go to the store north of there because at one point, they had 3 sets... but now I think I just got lucky...

No cool rock DVDs clearanced at mine, just pop DVDs and CDs. They did have a couple LPs, some Elton John one, and The Police "Certifiable." I bit on The Police one for the hell of it because it was cheap, and an okay live album.

But now I wonder if I should be checking the actual DVD section for any that have or haven't been repriced. Anyone have a running list of what all music DVDs should be clearanced right now?

I found the big Tom Petty set at my BB marked at $99.99, so marked down from $129.99, but nowhere near the OP's price. All the other music DVD's listed were same as OP's prices however.

The blu ray of Elton John's "The Red Piano" was also $4.99. I also grabbed the Rolling Stones and Tom Petty sets that were five bucks for Xmas gifts. I really, really wanted The Who set, but it was not available at my store. There was also Usher and Justin Timberlake ones - they are still there

I bought the Tom Petty set a couple of weeks ago at $29.99; it was briefly on sale for that price. It's now back up to $100+...

I picked up a bunch of the music CD's and DVD's today for $.49 to $.99.

The Chickenfoot CD/DVD set was mismarked $.99 at my closest store and the usually bitchy manager who is quick to deny pricematches was cordial and even joking around with me today. So maybe those surveys I did last week got her a stern talking to.;)

Nice to see good customer service for once from them.

However, I think someone stashed or bought the Foo Fighters: Five Songs & A Cover and the Bad Company set I was gonna buy.

Oh well. I'll just order them for in-store pickup with my remaining credit I have from game trades.;)

Those .49 CDs were pretty damn good. I think I picked up all of them except Nelly. I bought one of the Chickenfoot ones, too... That is a REALLY good CD, if anyone likes rock and roll in the Hagar/Van Halen vein... I went to a store yesterday going to an IT call that had every DVD in the sale... They had not marked them down, so everyone thought they were full price :) Suckers!

Glad to know someone else got a Petty set for that cheap, buggy1... I didn't know what the deal was with that - but I'm damn glad I found one!!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up a bunch of the music CD's and DVD's today for $.49 to $.99.

The Chickenfoot CD/DVD set was mismarked $.99 at my closest store and the usually bitchy manager who is quick to deny pricematches was cordial and even joking around with me today. So maybe those surveys I did last week got her a stern talking to.;)

Nice to see good customer service for once from them.

However, I think someone stashed or bought the Foo Fighters: Five Songs & A Cover and the Bad Company set I was gonna buy.

Oh well. I'll just order them for in-store pickup with my remaining credit I have from game trades.;)[/QUOTE]

That Chickenfoot CD/DVD set was marked .99 at both of the Best Buys around here (there is one in each town like 20 minutes apart), so I don't think it was a mistake. I picked up a couple for friends and they rang up correctly at that price.

Are these Chickenfoot sets usually found in their correct place, alphabetically, or are they out somewhere else with this clearance stuff?

[quote name='El Gray']Are these Chickenfoot sets usually found in their correct place, alphabetically, or are they out somewhere else with this clearance stuff?[/QUOTE]

Correct place in all my stores. One store had made a half hearted effort to gather some of the 49 cent CDs in one place.

Also, the Disturbed DVD is 49 cents (in the music section). It's a short set from Donnington a few years back. It's a hell of a DVD for 49 cents...

Hmm, might have to see if they have Chickenfoot out this way - i own the CD already(Joe Satriani, ftw), but wouldn't mind the DVD.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Correct place in all my stores. One store had made a half hearted effort to gather some of the 49 cent CDs in one place.

Also, the Disturbed DVD is 49 cents (in the music section). It's a short set from Donnington a few years back. It's a hell of a DVD for 49 cents...[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I was short on time today, but maybe I'll order a few for in-store pickup for the hell of it. I just hope that $20 gc they're sending me for my bad experience last week when using the @Gamer coupons at the closest store would hurry up and get here in case I have to try and get to $25 to get free shipping on this stuff if it's not in stock locally.:cry:

[quote name='El Gray']We take what we can get when there's no Van Halen to be had.[/QUOTE]

That's not Van Halen, that's Van Hagar! :booty:

I picked up the Tom Petty: Runnin' Down a Dream set and Elton John: The Red Piano blu-ray for $4.99 each. I also picked up Rachel Fuller Presents: In the Attic w/ Pete Townshend for $0.49.

Then you hit the mortherlode, bredbu. They are universal prices. The store I went into the other day had nothing marked and everything was there...

The .49 CDs are pretty good, too...
Nelly
3 Doors Down
The Cars
Bad Company
Stone Temple Pilots
Counting Crows
Weezer
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins

There are also 49 cent DVDs:
Disturbed
50 Cent
Will I Am
Colbie Callait
James Blunt

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Then you hit the mortherlode, bredbu. They are universal prices. The store I went into the other day had nothing marked and everything was there...

The .49 CDs are pretty good, too...
Nelly
3 Doors Down
The Cars
Bad Company
Stone Temple Pilots
Counting Crows
Weezer
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins

There are also 49 cent DVDs:
Disturbed
50 Cent
Will I Am
Colbie Callait
James Blunt[/QUOTE]
I think one of the employees at my closest store must've been stashing some of these CD's/DVD's the other day, since the stock locator said they had at least one in stock of most of those $.49 CD's. But the trick was to find them.

It still says some of them are in stock, so I'm likely going to do an in-store pickup order from the website today.

I meant to hit up the local flea market today and take some of these cd's/dvd sets I picked up to the one reseller there to offset my cost for the ones I wanted to keep, but it looked like it was gonna rain all day so I just slept in.:whistle2:#

[quote name='rcannon']Nothing in my store was marked at these prices, so I walked out empty handed.[/QUOTE]
They will ring up at the prices marked on the website, just take them up to the register and go to buy them.

If they don't ring up right, just say that you thought they were on clearance because they're marked at lower prices on the website.

Got the Poison dvd/cd. Ah Poison from the high school days, haven't listened to them in a while, nothing like a $1.99 to get you back in the mood I suppose.

[quote name='rcannon']Nothing in my store was marked at these prices, so I walked out empty handed.[/QUOTE]

stores that don't mark clearance items down are the BEST, because most people like you will just look at it and walk out... Ive gone through the same situation at about 3 blockbusters recently.... I go up with a stack of movies... I get the "the 5 for 20 ONLY works on blu rays that are under $10." I tell them I don't care... or they will scan under $10... then they do

These markdowns are system wide in a computer with most stores, not requiring a physical markdown on a product to work, all these stores do is place a new price sticker over the old... I used to purchase $2 circuit city games that were still marked at $50...

[quote name='zman73']I used to purchase $2 circuit city games that were still marked at $50...[/QUOTE]
I tried that in NY state(Middletown, to be exact) the one time and the one bitchy manager refused to sell me the games since she wanted to know how I knew they would ring up $2-3 each instead of the $50 they were marked.:whistle2:#

Picked up a bunch of the $0.49 CDs/DVDs. You can go to the in-store kiosk, go to the music category and sort by price for a more complete list of the discounted items.

For the most part, these are sub-10-track "greatest hit" sets (with some live and/or demo tracks occasionally); the $0.49 DVDs are also in CD jewel cases and found along with the music CDs instead of the concert DVDs. The only one I wanted that I couldn't find was the Colbie Callait DVD. I guess I'll try to order that online from the kiosk next time I'm in the store (since it doesn't seem to appear on the website now that I'm at home).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Woodstock Vinyls are back in stock. They raise the prices on both Chickenfoot albums. Has anyone received there Amazing Journey 3 DVD set? Has anyone checked the price of the giant Queen vinyl set? The set is no longer on the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a bunch more today. I grabbed a couple copies of the Bad Company hits cd(one is flopping around in the case so I guess that'll be my keep copy:roll:), a couple of the Smashing Pumpkins Zeitgeist album + DVD, a replacement copy of the Disturbed DVD that I may give to a friend sealed cuz I opened the one I had before and two of the Poison DVD/CD sets for $1.99 each.

I gave one of those to a relative of mine who's still heavily into the 80's music. Hell of a set for $2.

Funny thing is, the store I stopped at today only had random items from the list marked the new prices. Everything I grabbed was still marked the original prices.;)

bread's done
Back