Best Buy Music DVD clearance

crazedracerguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Picked up a bunch of DVDs from Best Buy tonight for REALLY cheap... There may be a few of you who like older music...

Tom Petty Anthology Box Set $29.99 (was 149.99)
Three Days Grace Concert DVD 1.99
The Police "Certifiable" 2DVD/2CD Set 4.99
Poison "Live, Raw and Uncut" DVD/CD Set 1.99
Tom Petty "Runnin' Down a Dream" Documentary 3DVD/1CD 4.99
Christina Aguilera Concert DVD 1.99
Rolling Stones Concert DVD Set 4.99
Elton John "Dream Ticket" DVD Set 4.99
Elton John "Red Piano" DVD/CD Set 4.99
Mariah Carey "Mimi" DVD 1.99
The Who "Amazing Journey" 3 DVD Set 1.99

Some others, too. There was a buttload of stuff.

That Tom Petty box is amazing. I may pick up a second to keep sealed.

Picked up the poison set , both elton john sets , & the tom petty runnin down a dream set. They had 2 of the big $30 tom petty sets on the shelf at the baltimore inner harbor best buy.

Which Tom Petty - Runnin' Down A Dream set is on sale? The blu-ray set isn't on sale at my BB and I'd love to get this. Is it just the regular DVD and/or CD set?

[quote name='waxHead']Which Tom Petty - Runnin' Down A Dream set is on sale? The blu-ray set isn't on sale at my BB and I'd love to get this. Is it just the regular DVD and/or CD set?[/QUOTE]

it's the regular dvd plus cd 4 disc set not the blu ray. It's awesome.

[quote name='AshesofWake']it's the regular dvd plus cd 4 disc set not the blu ray. It's awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

I'll have to look for it at my BB - is it usually stocked w/ the regular CDs, or is it in a larger box with the DVD sets? Otherwise, I'd be willing to pay a bit more to have one shipped to me - if someone can grab me one, of course! ;) I could pick up something similar from my BB for it, or pay for it, lmk...

I picked up a bunch of the $.49 CD's today. Not bad at all.

Lots of 90's bands that I used to listen to. I know this isn't their best work or in some cases just a small sampler, but still for $.49 why not?

Stone Temple Pilots (only had 1 of their CD's).
Foo Fighters - 5 songs and a cover
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist (used to be a huge fan, couldn't stomach Zeitgeist but for $.49 I'll get it). I do have the Zwan album afterall :rofl:
Charms - Strange Magic (never heard of them, but what the hell)
Heroes TV soundtrack
Widespread Panic - Earth to America
Rachael Fuller Presents - In the Attic
The Cars - classic tracis (8 songs).

Wanted the Who Endless Wire, but can't get that in my area. I had to pass on the really short 6 track CD'sf for Weezer, Counting Crows, and a bunch of others that were $.49. Maybe if they hit $.10. :whistle2:k LOL. No really I just didn't want to clutter my house with TOO many semi junk CD's. I already have massive collection of classic rock, metal, and alt rock, but I've basically stopped buying CD's as of 5 years ago (just like everyone else I'm sure). I'd actually start buying some vinyls if I see some real deals on those.

[quote name='AshesofWake']it's the regular dvd plus cd 4 disc set not the blu ray. It's awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. $5 is a STEAL for this set. The Gainesville show alone is worth that. The documentary is one of the best rock documentaries I have ever watched. I'll readily admit that I am a bit biased, as Tom Petty is my all time favorite artist... But it is really, really good. I paid full price for this a while back. This sale netted me a new set to keep sealed...

The Who dvd set rang up at full price at my local store. Was glad to pick up some of the other items cheap though. Thanks OP.

The only cheap vinyl Best Buy has is the Police Live in Buenos Aires for 1.99. In store pickup only.

[quote name='waxHead']Thanks for the info!

I'll have to look for it at my BB - is it usually stocked w/ the regular CDs, or is it in a larger box with the DVD sets? Otherwise, I'd be willing to pay a bit more to have one shipped to me - if someone can grab me one, of course! ;) I could pick up something similar from my BB for it, or pay for it, lmk...[/QUOTE]

it should be next to the Music DVDs, just mixed in. I'll try to see if I can get an extra copy, but I think all the best buys i go to are sold out of it now.

Ordered The Cars, Bad Company, Counting Crows, Linkin Park, 3 Doors Down, Smashing Pumpkins and Nelly for $3.64. Not bad at all. Hopefully I'm able to pick them up tomorrow. Thanks OP and everyone for the updates.

[quote name='srr']The Who dvd set rang up at full price at my local store. Was glad to pick up some of the other items cheap though. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

The Who set you have to be careful with... The 2 DVD set is still $24... The 3 DVD set is 1.99... They are the EXACT same except for the extra DVD in the one that's on clearance.

[quote name='mitch079']The only cheap vinyl Best Buy has is the Police Live in Buenos Aires for 1.99. In store pickup only.[/QUOTE]

Guns N Roses "Chinese Democracy" vinyl is 1.99 and the Woodstock Vinyl set is 4.99 (if you can find it. No one around me had stock even at the beginning of this sale).

The only discrepancy I have found (as reported by someone else) is the Tom Petty box set rings up at 99.99 (marked 129.99 If I remember correctly).

[quote name='mitch079']The only cheap vinyl Best Buy has is the Police Live in Buenos Aires for 1.99. In store pickup only.[/QUOTE]

There's also an Elton John vinyl set for $1.99 'The Red Piano' that appears to be a companion set to the DVD set on clearance.

[quote name='AshesofWake']it should be next to the Music DVDs, just mixed in. I'll try to see if I can get an extra copy, but I think all the best buys i go to are sold out of it now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ashes - if you're able to get another one of these, I'm willing to buy or trade for it - my BB doesn't have it in stock. It's one of the only items from this clearance which isn't available at my local BB :cry:

It took 3 weeks but I finally got my Woodstock Vinyls. Now Im still waiting on the Who dvd set. I noticed its been pulled off the site, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.

Just got the notice

Thank you for your recent Amazing Journey: Store Of The Who DVD (sku 8595451) order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, BestBuy.com is out of stock on this item for shipping and unable to obtain any more; and as a result, your order will be canceled. However, we do have limited inventory available in stores.

This sale is driving me crazy. I just ordered The Charms - Strange Magic, Widespread Panic - Earth to America and Jarvis Humby - assume the position. I previously ordered The cars, Bad Co, Nelly, 3 doors down, smashin pumpkins, linkin park and counting crows. Damn it, SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='arsenal_fan']This sale is driving me crazy. I just ordered The Charms - Strange Magic, Widespread Panic - Earth to America and Jarvis Humby - assume the position. I previously ordered The cars, Bad Co, Nelly, 3 doors down, smashin pumpkins, linkin park and counting crows. Damn it, SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Stop you? You appear to be out a whole $5 from all that. :lol:

Final request for it... still hoping...

If anyone finds the Tom Petty - Runnin' Down A Dream CD/DVD set at BB, I'll buy and/or trade for it - I'd love to add this to my collection. Please shoot me a PM or respond here, thanks!

[quote name='lawdood']Stop you? You appear to be out a whole $5 from all that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Isn't that huge for a CAG :). Anyway, I'm not concerned about the money, it's the fact that checking the BB website for music CD's has almost become habitual.

:lol: I picked up more stuff today. I think I found some vinyl some of you guys may have been looking for and I can add another item to the vinyl AND CD list(wait'll ya see what it is:rofl:).

Anyway, these were my pickups today, all $1.99:

The Police: Certifiable(VINYL SET,3 LP SET)
Mariah Carey: The Adventures Of Mimi(CD/DVD set)
Christina Aguilera: Back To Basics(CD/DVD set)
Elton John: Red Piano(VINYL SET, 3 LP SET)

And the new find.....

Guns N Roses: Chinese Democracy CD AND Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy in VINYL

Poor, poor AXL. Like his album wasn't poorly received enough before, now it's been clearanced at BB.:rofl:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: I picked up more stuff today. I think I found some vinyl some of you guys may have been looking for and I can add another item to the vinyl AND CD list(wait'll ya see what it is:rofl:).

Anyway, these were my pickups today, all $1.99:

The Police: Certifiable(VINYL SET,3 LP SET)
Mariah Carey: The Adventures Of Mimi(CD/DVD set)
Christina Aguilera: Back To Basics(CD/DVD set)
Elton John: Red Piano(VINYL SET, 3 LP SET)

And the new find.....

Guns N Roses: Chinese Democracy CD AND Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy in VINYL

Poor, poor AXL. Like his album wasn't poorly received enough before, now it's been clearanced at BB.:rofl:
[/QUOTE]

How did you find the GNR CD? It's not on the website and what did it ring up for?

[quote name='arsenal_fan']How did you find the GNR CD? It's not on the website and what did it ring up for?[/QUOTE]
All of the stuff in my post that I picked up today came up $1.99. I think it's safe to say now that if there's a vinyl edition for some of these $.49-$5 clearance sets or cd's/dvd's, that those will be clearanced as well.:D

I was shocked as hell to find the one for The Police and the GNR vinyl was stashed behind another one, as was the Elton John one.

EDIT: Here's the SKU's for the stuff I grabbed today:

Elton John: Red Piano LP(vinyl): 9063381
The Police:Certifiable LP(vinyl): 8971598
GNR: Chinese Democracy LP(vinyl): 9111043
GNR: Chinese Democracy LP(CD): 9111016
Christina Aguilera: Back To Basics(DVD): 8584221
Mariah Carey: Adventures Of Mimi(DVD): 8619131

Chinese Democracy (both the CD and the vinyl) have been $1.99 at Best Buy for a long time now, since at least March, maybe earlier. I thought someone had posted it here when it first dropped in price.

[quote name='Josef']Chinese Democracy (both the CD and the vinyl) have been $1.99 at Best Buy for a long time now, since at least March, maybe earlier. I thought someone had posted it here when it first dropped in price.[/QUOTE]

I think I did. I know I posted it on FW - I thought I had stuck it here, as well...

Never seen the Elton John vinyl, dammit. I'd love to have that, as well...

Yeah - only store around me with the Elton vinyl is like 60 miles away. F That.

What is the clearance schedule at BB? Is it weekly like say at Target or is it completely random? The fact that I am checking their website on a daily basis is driving me crazy.

bread's done
Back