Best Buy - NHL 09 ($39.99)

KMunley

CAGiversary!
I was at best buy yesterday and saw this and almost hopped on it. Online it still says $60, but maybe they haven't updated it yet. I'll try to find a link when I can.

I hate how sports games only drop in price right before the new one comes out. grrr. I always keep a look out for deals on NHL games every year. Deals are few and far between though. I hope this one is true.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I hate how sports games only drop in price right before the new one comes out. grrr. I always keep a look out for deals on NHL games every year. Deals are few and far between though. I hope this one is true.[/QUOTE]

NHL 09 just came out in like September and there's never really a great deal on NHL games.

For anyone who can find this deal, jump on it. NHL 09 is one of the best hockey games I have ever played and I actually play hockey.

[quote name='Pck21']NHL 09 just came out in like September and there's never really a great deal on NHL games.

For anyone who can find this deal, jump on it. NHL 09 is one of the best hockey games I have ever played and I actually play hockey.[/quote]

The "be a pro mode" makes this game well worth it, if it is 39.99 it is well worth your $40.

It was worth it at $60. Great game. Though I recently traded it since I played like three or four seasons and simulated a half dozen more. Knowing myself, I'll want to get it again when playoffs come around.

[quote name='theyeti420']must be ymmv. Online says $60 and so does the system in the store. unless you're talking pc version.[/quote]

No 360, didn't check PS3, but 2 best buy stores 2 hours apart i went to and both had it for $40.

This game is awesome. Sports game of the year for me (heck it is GOTY too). It is that good, that addicting and probably the first XBL game where I don't mind playing with 11 other random people because most people actually pass in this game.

[quote name='zaw73']The "be a pro mode" makes this game well worth it, if it is 39.99 it is well worth your $40.[/QUOTE]

BAP is the most addicting game mode in video game history lol.

I might pick this up considering the reviews ive seen. Thanks OP. Although I haven't really played a hockey game since NHL 94.

Great game. Got it for around $40 at holiday time. There's a CAG team if you search for it and you'll get an achievement for getting someone to invite you to it

Can anyone else confirm that they have found this price in store? I'd like to pick up the game, but don't really want to make the trip if it is just a local store/area price ...

Man, where were you people last week when I was trying to sell my $5.99 Meijer's PS3 copy for $30 shipped? Ended up selling it on Ebay because nobody wanted it.

I went to two different best buys 2 hours apart from one another and the price was the same. Someone please let me know if they also found the same price.

Going to check my local BB today to see if this price holds true in Upstate NY. Need me a hockey fix on my PS3!

I don't know if I'd recommend anyone getting the PS3 version... 360 version > PS3 version. This isn't because I'm a fanboy either. :roll: It's because I've played both and the PS3 version AI or playability isn't as good as on the 360. Don't ask me why or how.

[quote name='Pck21'] there's never really a great deal on NHL games.
[/quote]

What? No way? It's not like I said that in my post or anything.

[quote name='Pck21']
and I actually play hockey.[/quote]

No fucking way man. You actually play hockey?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Don't ask me why or how.[/quote]

That pretty much makes your point invalid. I've never heard anything like that before, and a lone unexplained and unsubstantiated claim doesn't mean anything.

[quote name='finsfan0210']why not buy nhl 2k9 at meijer for 15 bucks. (actually 5 bucks with the 10 dollar off coupon from 2k sports website)[/quote]

Have you actually played both games? I could easily tell from the respective demos that the 2K9 game wasn't in the same league as 09. I know this is CAG, but spending $25 (or even $35) more is actually worth it.

bread's done
Back