Best Buy Nintendo Zones offering 50% off coupons for select titles

Wow, that's a nice coupon. The last one I got via the Nintendo Zone application was 10% off when you buy Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land back in December, so this is clearly superior discount-wise.

Looking forward to seeing which games are discounted!

Best buy is next door to picking my fiancé up from work tonight. If no one else knows, I should be able to report in an hour and a half or so.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']watch it be steel diver and nintendogs that were $5 during the bb sale lol[/QUOTE]

Guessing it's 50% off downloadable titles from the eShop

This has been going on for a while - since the 9th, actually. I picked up Rayman 3D for $10 last week, but it required a manager override, since it was on sale for $20 and the code was only taking half off the regular price. Anyways, the other titles on sale are Pilotwings Resort, Steel Diver, Asphalt 3D, and Madden Football. The offer lasts until February 5th.

Thanks for the informative post. I didn't even know NoA had a twitter feed. And my 2 kids have each had a 3DS since before Xmas but we've never found a "Nintendo Zone" before. I don't think they'll be interested in any of these but it's something to keep an eye on for future deals.

I couldn't even get the Nintendo zone thing to connect at the best buy here. Just walked around the store like an idiot trying, but it looks like the mystery is solved. Terrible selection either way.

Nintendo sucks at the Internet. I keep having to remind myself about this.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']So has anyone gone and seen what titles qualify for the 50% off? If not I might stop by later tonight and see.[/QUOTE]

Someone posted just a few posts above yours.

Seems like it's a few of the previously $5 titles plus rayman and asphalt:
madden, rayman, asphalt, pilotwings, steeldiver

Looks like pilotwings and steel diver aren't even on the site anymore as new, so they might be discontinued. As bad as the reviews for madden was, I actually enjoyed the gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool but when would I ever carry my 3DS around to find this info? I'm rarely in BB anyways.

[quote name='Nogib']Here you guys go, just snagged this with my 3DS and phone: [/QUOTE]

Ohhhh :)
Thanks, but how long does this special sale last?

interesting but I probably won't bite since i really have no interest in these games but a pretty sweet way for Nintendo consumers to get it on a deal.

[quote name='theking20']this.[/QUOTE]
Off topic, your gif in your signature is awsome and I see you must be a lost fan :cool:

[quote name='Nogib']Here you guys go, just snagged this with my 3DS and phone: [/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the image. I took my son earlier to get Rayman and our stores connection to the hotspot is not working, without your image I would have struck out and would have had a disappointed kiddo. Thanks again. By the way a print out of the image scans at the register fine.

[quote name='token2k6']wow, stellar deals, every one the same price or higher than what it went on sale before..[/QUOTE]

What were you expecting? The $5 sales were insane and not something you're likely to see again anywhere.

[quote name='Vegastar']I couldn't even get the Nintendo zone thing to connect at the best buy here. Just walked around the store like an idiot trying, but it looks like the mystery is solved. Terrible selection either way.

Nintendo sucks at the Internet. I keep having to remind myself about this.[/QUOTE]

Don't blame Nintendo for the non-existent connection! Best Buy has to set up and activate Nintendo Zone to transmit from or near the 3DS display/kiosk that they have in the stores. Days after the 3DS launch all I did was open up my 3DS in front of one of the 3DS displays at BB and Nintendo Zone automatically downloaded and connected on my system. I'm wondering if you go to another Nintendo Zone location (for example, Nintendo World Store) would you still be able to get the BB coupon or is it only exclusive to BB locations?

[quote name='SKEETER'] is it only exclusive to BB locations?[/QUOTE]

This would be correct. I've connected at Starbucks and BB coupons certainly don't show up on it there lol.

I still kick myself for not grabbing Pilotwings for $5 during the holidays. I didn't have a 3DS then but I could have taken the chance.

[quote name='Nogib']This would be correct. I've connected at Starbucks and BB coupons certainly don't show up on it there lol.[/QUOTE]

It would be cool if there were other coupons exclusive to location...like maybe 50% off Starbucks :lol:

[quote name='JohnDM']I still kick myself for not grabbing Pilotwings for $5 during the holidays. I didn't have a 3DS then but I could have taken the chance.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm in the same situation. i remember thinking about picking them up but since I had no plans for a 3DS any time soon I passed. Lo and behold my brother buys me one as a late Christmas present. Proceed to kicking myself.

I take it Pilotwings and Steel Diver are $40 normally, making them $20 apiece with this deal? Not a bad price I suppose with the limited 3DS selection out there. I see that Rayman is $30 normally. $15 is kind of tempting actually.

[quote name='prayformojo']Thanks for posting the image. I took my son earlier to get Rayman and our stores connection to the hotspot is not working, without your image I would have struck out and would have had a disappointed kiddo. Thanks again. By the way a print out of the image scans at the register fine.[/QUOTE]

So if I print out the image, it will be OK?
or can I just show the image & said that "my friend email this pix, will you accept it?".

[quote name='JohnDM']I still kick myself for not grabbing Pilotwings for $5 during the holidays. I didn't have a 3DS then but I could have taken the chance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Killerlampshade']I know, I'm in the same situation. i remember thinking about picking them up but since I had no plans for a 3DS any time soon I passed. Lo and behold my brother buys me one as a late Christmas present. Proceed to kicking myself.

I take it Pilotwings and Steel Diver are $40 normally, making them $20 apiece with this deal? Not a bad price I suppose with the limited 3DS selection out there. I see that Rayman is $30 normally. $15 is kind of tempting actually.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']So if I print out the image, it will be OK?
or can I just show the image & said that "my friend email this pix, will you accept it?".[/QUOTE]

Never pass up a killer sale! Years ago, months before I got my very first DS Lite, I was buying games for it because the deals were too good to pass up. Even if you didn't get the console you could've flipped or sold them.

I got Rayman with this coupon. Seemed like the best choice of the bunch. I saved the page on my Nintendo Zone and showed it at the register. The cashier had trouble scanning it so she typed it in. The coupon SKU from my receipt is 4674593. The coupon UPC is 400046745932

Wow, Pilotwings for $5? Can't believe I missed that. I remember getting it used from Amazon, playing for a few days, and then trading it back in, but for $5 I would've kept it.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']So if I print out the image, it will be OK?
or can I just show the image & said that "my friend email this pix, will you accept it?".[/QUOTE]

They had me print out the image at the store from a computer that have there now to print out reward certificates for reward zone.

When in today (Queens Northern blvd NY) but they didn't have rayman 3D. The only copy was the submarine game & the racing car game. Maybe I'll try in the city later this week.

bread's done
Back