Best Buy non Greatest Hits PS3 $29.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy is now in the effect for in-store and online (pickup).

Assassin's Creed

Call of Duty 3

The Elder Scrolls IV: Sheivering Isles

Fight Night: Round 3

Motorstorm

Need For Speed: Carbon

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Resistance: Fall of Man

Warhawk with Wireless Headset
bestbuywarhawkbundlewitap3.png

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8600/bestbuywarhawkbundlewitap3.png

That Warhawk deal doesn't include the bundle. I checked it out earlier, unless you're implying that we PM your image scan of the CC website from last night??

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Retail

Is

Not

A

Deal

-_-v[/QUOTE]

Non GH boxes for GH prices is a deal. Just like any other limited-time sale.

My local Best Buy had two copies of Warhawk WITH the headset marked down to $29.99. You can't order em online, but check yer local store.

[quote name='jpw21683']My local Best Buy had two copies of Warhawk WITH the headset marked down to $29.99. You can't order em online, but check yer local store.[/QUOTE]

Same here. There was two copies left at my local best buy also. Picked one of them up.

What makes this deal even sweeter is if you have a Reward Zone card and are part of the racing club, you get triple points on these this week since Sadler finished in the top 5 this past week. You get quadruple points if you use a RZ Mastercard.

[quote name='NolbertoS']That Warhawk deal doesn't include the bundle. I checked it out earlier, unless you're implying that we PM your image scan of the CC website from last night??[/quote]

as others have said above, and i'm confirming again now, it does in store.

[quote name='Gamelore']Non GH boxes for GH prices is a deal. Just like any other limited-time sale.[/quote]
I disagree. Some of us, and likely the vast majority of the population, couldn't care less that the packaging was different.

[quote name='daminion']as others have said above, and i'm confirming again now, it does in store. [/QUOTE]

I was at BB yesterday and did a Price Check on Warhawk w/ Bundle and it was 59.99. Luckily I had the CC ad that I PM'ed it. Maybe BB did update the prices today, or maybe it's YMMV for the Warhawk Bundle.

[quote name='NolbertoS']I was at BB yesterday and did a Price Check on Warhawk w/ Bundle and it was 59.99. Luckily I had the CC ad that I PM'ed it. Maybe BB did update the prices today, or maybe it's YMMV for the Warhawk Bundle.[/quote]

i think, as we've seen with blastworks, it's safe to assume that bestbuys update their prices on mondays. at my particular location at least, there were stacks of paper and updated shelf price tags spread out all over when i was there around lunch.

so yesterday $59.99. today $29.99. However i'd grab it now with the headset, I seriously doubt the GH version will include the headset.

[quote name='Gamelore']Non GH boxes for GH prices is a deal. Just like any other limited-time sale.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, the games are officially GH, if they don't have the GH tag that doesnt change the game inside.

However The shivering isles expansion pack retailed at $29 day 1, at the very least scratch that one off.

ACreed also had a universal price drop months ago

My BB had the Warhawk/Headset bundle clearly marked at $29.99. Five left still debating on picking it up or not.

[quote name='Gamelore']Non GH boxes for GH prices is a deal. Just like any other limited-time sale.[/quote]

No it's not. It's the same game (in this instance). I still don't understand why everyone still flips out whenever they find GH games with non-GH stickers/packaging for GH prices. It's not like they magically have labels printed on them overnight, you know. Stores have leftover stock, there's going to be plain packaged games for GH prices.

[quote name='vanlandw']My BB had the Warhawk/Headset bundle clearly marked at $29.99. Five left still debating on picking it up or not.[/quote]

I got the Warhawk bundle with headset and a RFoM today when I went in to pick-up my Blast Works. I figured that the GH version would definitely not come with a HS for the $29; Having $30 in rewards-zone cert's helped.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']This belongs in the PS3 section.. not the video game deals... retail is not a deal :([/quote]
I disagree the Warhawk bundle and HS is a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just about to say this.

I rather have original packaging instead of some ugly red/yellow/silver color indicating you're a deadbeat :)

Buying Resistance & NG Sigma on friday, hopefully they are some original copies still left.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I figured that the GH version would definitely not come with a HS for the $29; [/quote]
Correct. The GH-branded Warhawk is game-only, no headset.

I just got back from my local BB in Mesa, AZ and they had about 3 copies of Warhawk plus headset for $30. I picked up a copy for myself. :D
They don't have it marked for clearance in anyway, still has the $59.99 sticker on it, but rings up $29.99.

I picked up Warhawk with headset and Blast works both under $40 after 10% off coupon. Kinda surprised warhawk with head set rang up $30 instead $60. No need for price match with CC ad ( i had the CC ad with me). Pretty happy when i head home. i'll get Ninja Gaiden Sigma next week :) Do not forget wireless headset itself around $30 value.

I just got home from Best Buy. I ordered it online and chose in-store pickup and headed down to Northglenn, CO. Anyways, on the e-mail I noticed it said, "$10 off if you don't have your item by 1 minute (5 minutes on larger items). When I got there, the girl had it out in 10 seconds but since it was late 8:45 P.M., no managers were around to sell it to me. I waited about 7 minutes and when a manager came, they took off $10 for me. So I ended up getting it for $20.xx!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']This belongs in the PS3 section.. not the video game deals... retail is not a deal :([/quote]

:applause::applause::applause:

Can a moderator lock this, please!!!

Where does it say that the one on the site comes with a headset. There is no mention of it.

Also, can anyone who bought the game using in store pick up, got it with a headset.

This IS a deal post if you consider Warhawk's GH version does NOT have a headset. Getting it with the headset for the GH price is a hell of a deal if you ask me. I recommend changing the title to include Warhawk with the headset to make the complainers happy.

[quote name='acecombat']Damn how many more greatest hits thread's will pop up??[/quote]

Probably until it's universal. I was at Target today, and the GH titles were still retail price (there's other stores, too. That's just one example).

At my Best Buy, the GH games all had a red sticker on top of them with the "Greatest Hits" branding. Best of all, they were stickered on the outer plastic, so your game will not have sticker residue on it. Warhawk didn't have a sticker on it, but the price was tagged at $29.99...I grabbed the last one (had been debating getting it anyway, and my friend said he hated it so I knew it was probably good).

As for the people who argue that the game is still the same, regardless of it's packaging, that's true, but some of us already have a "PS3" section in our library, and a red case will stand out like a sore thumb. At least PS2 GH titles were still in the black cases. On the other hand, it's possible that GH titles will simply be "stickered" instead of using red cases (we can hope).

[quote name='sixspeednissan']This IS a deal post if you consider Warhawk's GH version does NOT have a headset. Getting it with the headset for the GH price is a hell of a deal if you ask me. I recommend changing the title to include Warhawk with the headset to make the complainers happy.[/quote]

You can never make them happy. They'll just find something else to complain about.

[quote name='Scorch']No it's not. It's the same game (in this instance). I still don't understand why everyone still flips out whenever they find GH games with non-GH stickers/packaging for GH prices. It's not like they magically have labels printed on them overnight, you know. Stores have leftover stock, there's going to be plain packaged games for GH prices.[/quote]

Because they are not the same value to you as they are to others. Collecting is a finicky thing. A baseball card with Roger Maris' picture on it is really just a piece of heavy paper with a baseball player's photo on it, isn't it? But assign some sort of personal value to it and its value gains traction with a mass of people. This is simply how things work.

When one person decides that a non-gh packaged game is more valuable, then communicates that to someone who may never have considered that, the second person might start feeling the same way. Eventually there is a group of like-minded people who assign higher values than most other people.

It's all about what you want. I don't want stamps, and I don't want baseball cards or comics. But that doesn't mean I cannot understand why they're valuable to some people.

i had no idea that Assassin's Creed was $30 now, so it was nice to see this price drop thread. so technically all these games are GH now? i thought that Warhawk, Resistance, and Motorstorm were the first 3 GH titles.

[quote name='othergames']Because they are not the same value to you as they are to others. Collecting is a finicky thing. A baseball card with Roger Maris' picture on it is really just a piece of heavy paper with a baseball player's photo on it, isn't it? But assign some sort of personal value to it and its value gains traction with a mass of people. This is simply how things work.

When one person decides that a non-gh packaged game is more valuable, then communicates that to someone who may never have considered that, the second person might start feeling the same way. Eventually there is a group of like-minded people who assign higher values than most other people.

It's all about what you want. I don't want stamps, and I don't want baseball cards or comics. But that doesn't mean I cannot understand why they're valuable to some people.[/QUOTE]

This wont happen w/ PS3 games, especially first gen games. Zero PS3 games in the first 2 years have become "collectible". It's not like there are a bunch of rare awesome JRPGs or anything. There is no Chrono Trigger, or ICO or FF7 in the PS3's early line up.

Sure the "red case" is something a lot of people do not want, hopefully they go w/ the PSP style of red wrap you can just peel off. But anyone who thinks first gen PS3 or even 360 games will ever be collectible is going to get burned like the comic collectors of the early 1990s.

OP, thanks for the heads up. Picked up a copy on my lunch. I'd been meaning to buy a headset, so it's just kind of like getting the game for free for me.

Sweet, yeh there were 2 warhawk bundles left, grabed one and my friend said he would buy the headset from me so i just got warhawk for like 15 bucks

picked up the warhawk bundle for $30 at BB 504 in gwinnett, georgia just outside of atlanta, there were definitely at least three copies left.

*for those who care, all of the greatest hits titles were in their original cases with the new pricing

I just picked up the Warhawk bundle and Resistance for 30 bucks each non greatest hits and no coupons! It was in Alpharetta. CC had the same deal.

so is this a deal on the bundle, like is BB just making a mistake because its the only version of the game they seem to have? thats my roundabout way of asking if they intend to sell the bundle for $60 again in the near future..

[quote name='expane']Zero PS3 games in the first 2 years have become "collectible". [/quote]

Find me a cheap copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma: Collector's Edition.

Thanks OP. I actually picked mine up at CC. It rang up 49.99 but I pointed out it was in their own ad for 29.99. Cashier adjusted the price for me. If your Best Buy is out of stock might as well try Circuit City. Obviously YMMV.

My BB had Warhawk with the headset priced at $29.99 yesterday. It rang up for that as well. Needless to say, I picked it up.

Went to the CC in Vernon Hills, IL. The Warhawk bundle was a no go with the manager who rang it up. I tried showing him that their own ad said that the games were previously going for $59.99 (which was the bundle's original price) and are now $30 off. Still he said it was just for the game, not the bundle.

But I was not shaken...

I went to the BB in Vernon Hills preparing for a price matching fight...but no need. The bundle rang up at $29.99! Yeah BB!

[quote name='poet17eric']Went to the CC in Vernon Hills, IL. The Warhawk bundle was a no go with the manager who rang it up. I tried showing him that their own ad said that the games were previously going for $59.99 (which was the bundle's original price) and are now $30 off. Still he said it was just for the game, not the bundle.

But I was not shaken...

I went to the BB in Vernon Hills preparing for a price matching fight...but no need. The bundle rang up at $29.99! Yeah BB![/QUOTE]

FWIW that 29.99 for the bundle won't last long the Bundle is suppose to be 49.99 sony posted it on their blog today

I ordered Warhawk online for in store pickup and pre-ordered Madden for the PS3 with the save $10 deal. Does BB only carry the headset bundle only or there is a chance they might try to give me Warhawk without the headset? Also if by any chance Madden gets horrible reviews or the 360 version is better how hard would it be to return Madden to BB with a deal you received online?

bread's done
Back