Best Buy Now Sells old school games! cheap

My BB has never had any old school titles and I'm sure they don't have any now. I think this is a YMMV deal. My BB didn't have anything today when I went there. What did you pcik up exactly?

The only store that I know that has anything old is TRU (a couple of crappy DC games that are way overpriced, Perfect Dark 64 and some other N64 games that are still at normal price like THPS3, and some other random GBC stuff like Legend of River King.), my K-Mart still houses some old GBC stuff like the Legend of River King and some other stuff like all-in-one games and until recently when they clreaed them out, Perfect Dark 64 as well. My Walmart also has basically the same stuf stated as above, but these are expected of these sellers since they keep their stuff forever on their racks or don't know when a generatio has come to pass as in the case of Wal-Mart.

maybe n64, maybe dc but NO WAY nes or even snes

k-mart doesn't even have that and they price madden 2001 at 49.99 new

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I remember hearing that they were going to start buying and selling used games[/quote]

I heard that

I heard that for media play also and they actually are

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']where did you here that CaseyRyback, can you corroborate the OP's story. Any truthful site say this like GS?[/quote]

I read it here

do not know who said it though

IIRC, I think it's a pilot program that certain Best Buys are trying out. There was a thread over in DVDTalk about it - I think they're buying used DVDs, CDs and games.

[quote name='scuba'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I remember hearing that they were going to start buying and selling used games[/quote]

I heard that

I heard that for media play also and they actually are[/quote]

Mediaplay does have a selection of used games, all ones off current systems though.

ok fine miss out on it.... it may only be at best buys with the InTech program where old items are traded in for best buy gift cards, but today me and my friend picked up. theyre used btw.

Captain America and the Avengers - 2.999
LOZ : LTTP - 2.99
Castlevania
LOZ
Tecmo Super Bowl
Metroid

All 2.99, and some came with manuals.. it was nice

ill post a receipt if no one believes me

k heres my receipt. Even Though it says N64, the games i got were Snes and Genesis..... what does B& M and YMMV yea im a noobie....
snakeeyez101-NES.jpg

My best buy has the same deal going on, I walked in there yesterday and they have games from Genisis, 32X, Dreamcast, Saturn, SNES, NES, and believe it or not, 2 FPS's for Jaguar.

LOL, sadly, my Best buy is ur best buy, Go OP! As soon as i saw that display case with the genisis and all those trade in old games signs, i knew something strange was up. Wonder why theyre doing this, all the games r going cheap as hell, doubt theres much profit to be made.

If this does happen to be at certain Best Buy stores, I'm wondering... where in the store do they have the old school games? Near the current ones? Special kind of case or table display of some sort?

Wow, I hope all Best Buy's start doing it! It's a win/win situation for them... they get more games to sell for people AND they give people store credit through a gift card to buy MORE THINGS from them! This just works out for everybody! Especially CAGers with 2.99 games.

I know my BB doesn't do this, as I was just there a few days ago, and found nothing.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Ooooo, must check BB. I wonder what kind of trade in value you can get.[/quote]

it seems like they sell games for 2.99 so they must rape you as bad as other stores. On the plus side you will get BB credit and you can spend that on alot more stuff then you could with EB or Gamestop credit. My Blockbuster started selling/trading used games this week also. It must also be a ploy to get people in the store. Now on the plus side is if they start offering deals like Gamerush has were they take any crap game and give you a certain amount off new game. Since Bestbuy is new to the trade game, I hope they are not wise on the crap used games that will never sell and that CAGs can get for cheap.

[quote name='KingDox'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']Ooooo, must check BB. I wonder what kind of trade in value you can get.[/quote]

it seems like they sell games for 2.99 so they must rape you as bad as other stores. On the plus side you will get BB credit and you can spend that on alot more stuff then you could with EB or Gamestop credit. My Blockbuster started selling/trading used games this week also. It must also be a ploy to get people in the store. Now on the plus side is if they start offering deals like Gamerush has were they take any crap game and give you a certain amount off new game. Since Bestbuy is new to the trade game, I hope they are not wise on the crap used games that will never sell and that CAGs can get for cheap.[/quote]

The ploy is that this is where the highest profit return for video game retailers is located. Gamestop gives you 25 cents for a game and turns around and sells it for 3 bucks. Best Buy and Media Play (supposedly no longer owned by best buy (I doubt this as they seem to mirror each others' policies)) are trying to snag a piece of gamestop/eb's profits.

Naturally it won't work for several reasons: 1. They offer less money for games (believe me). 2. They charge too much for old and common games (15 bucks for a 2002 xbox sports game?) 3. Their clientele isn't conducive to old system gaming (they cater to casual gamers). 4. They only accept the games and not the systems.

Of course their management doesn't realize this is a fairly timid market they are encroaching on. They can lose a lot of money in non-moveable stock (bad stock) and have to clearance it out below cost of aquisition. Besides the fact that best buy and media play don't check the games to make sure they work. This can mean a lot of returns and non functioning stock.

They were doing the trade in for gift cards program at the company headquarters for onsite employees. The display case promoting it had quite a few video games in it (including an old school gameboy). I remember wondering at the time (about a month ago) what they were doing with all this stuff, now that kind of answers it.

[quote name='snakeeyez101']ok fine miss out on it.... it may only be at best buys with the InTech program where old items are traded in for best buy gift cards, but today me and my friend picked up. theyre used btw.

Captain America and the Avengers - 2.999
LOZ : LTTP - 2.99
Castlevania
LOZ
Tecmo Super Bowl
Metroid

All 2.99, and some came with manuals.. it was nice

ill post a receipt if no one believes me[/quote]

Thanks for the post! I'll check out my local stores. Wish me luck...

[quote name='Hksuperman3000']this should be closed on that count it is BS[/quote]

I just have to point out how much of an ass you look like. Not only did you post poorly (on that count it is?), but the proof was provided a couple of posts before this. A scanned reciept is proof enough for me.

I'll have to check this out. Not that I want any games, just to see what the heck BB is doing! Does anyone think this is a smart move on their part? I wonder if we can expect to see advertisements for this in the near future.

[quote name='snakeeyez101']it's ok, i just didn'y want anyone to think im a liar or anything...[/quote]

Oh, we believe you. This time. We're keeping an eye on you just the same, so watch it.

check near your regular video games, chances are if theyre are displays of the idle tech program (where you can trade your electronics in) then the games shall be near... Good luck guys

bread's done
Back