Best Buy Online Mall - earn Reward Zone points for online stores including Target

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hello everyone.

First of all, I'm sure the Best Buy online mall has been discussed before, but I had no idea it existed until now (randomly discovered it). Also, since this Best Buy website can be used with video game deals, I personally think it is worthy.

This thread will bury pretty quick and others will be in my same position ... perhaps Enuf or ??? could just include a link at the bottom of their BB posts so people stay aware of this.

What this is:
This is a legitimate Best Buy run program to give Reward Zone members the opportunity to earn RZ points by making online purchases at hundreds of major retailers websites. Some, such as Target.com and overstock.com carry videogames, but the websites include tons of non-gaming websites such as travelocity, the Disney Store, and even Home Depot.
It is a great way to earn certificates when doing most online shopping (although BB, in self-interest, veers away from including most electronics retailers).

How it works:
You basically use the BB website to access the stores, login to your RZ account, and order. There is a very specific process in place, and you must follow BB rules of engagement for the points to be earned (see FAQ link below).
Here's an excerpt from their faq:
"When you log in to the Reward Zone Online Mall and click to a merchant from the Reward Zone website, we identify you with a unique identification number that allows us to track your purchases. After your transaction with the merchant is completed, the merchant will send both the transaction and point amounts back to Best Buy so that Best Buy can then credit your Reward Zone account with the points you've earned from your Online Mall transaction."

The same basic rules for earning points at a BB store apply... BUT there is NO 25% silver bonus provided.

You can order online and do in-store pickup for some of the hundreds of national stores/major websites that are included.

Most websites offer 1 RZ point per $1 spent, but others offer up to 3 RZ points per dollar spent.

Example #1: I find that Target has a deal for a videogame that includes a discount and a free Target giftcard with free shipping. I use the BB onine mall to place my order and I get all of the Target stuff (plus I could use my Red Card) + Best Buy RZ points for the purchase.

Example # 2: I want to make a purchase from overstock.com because a CAG mentioned a sale on Gears of War. I make my purchase through the BB online mall and get RZ points for it.

Example # 3: I want to book a hotel through hotels.com. I make my purchase throught the BB online mall and get 2 RZ points per $1 spent.

Here is the link to the program's main page (I found it through BB's website):
http://onlinemall.myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/shopping/h____.htm

Here is a link to their FAQ page:
http://onlinemall.myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/faq____.htm

Again, I'm sure this has been discussed before but I don't remember it. I will be earning a ton more RZ points due to this program and have missed out on a bunch already. I hope it helps a lot of those not in the loop.

Thanks! paulwekiva

So it's basically BBY's version of a commerce/rebate portal. Interesting. I use a few of the more popular ones but this is worth testing for a purchase, thanks OP.

Yeah they've been doing this for a while...took advantage of it once when I ordered some pictures books from Kodak about two years ago.

It is cool but be prepared to fight for your points. I've used it three times and two of those times I had to email CS about it to get my points, only once getting them automatically.

I've used it a few times and haven't had any problems getting my points. It does take longer for the points to post to your account. My last one took around 60 days compared to the normal 30 day wait.

[quote name='gossamer']I've used it a few times and haven't had any problems getting my points. It does take longer for the points to post to your account. My last one took around 60 days compared to the normal 30 day wait.[/QUOTE]

I just missed using it on a trip up north (hotels.com). I will definitely be checking the site before doing online purchases.

I'm in the middle of a fight for points I should be getting for buying flowers for Mother's Day. They said to wait until the middle of July a few weeks ago since they have 60 days to report the sale to BBY, so we'll see what happens.

The deal was 250 points + 10 points per $ spent so I should be getting a good chunk back.

a great site,many useful information!
sub.jpg

or.jpg

[quote name='fmwross2']I'm in the middle of a fight for points I should be getting for buying flowers for Mother's Day. They said to wait until the middle of July a few weeks ago since they have 60 days to report the sale to BBY, so we'll see what happens.

The deal was 250 points + 10 points per $ spent so I should be getting a good chunk back.[/QUOTE]

I never got my netflix point which were supposed to be like 600. I dont trust that best buy mall at all.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Damn iPhone fail!

Can I use my target redcard :lol:[/QUOTE]

As long as you can use the Target redcard online to place an order, yes.

bread's done
Back