Best Buy - PDP Trigger Grip For PS Vita (OLED) - $5.99

Meh. I'd like it but can't find one at the closest store. I guess I could ship it to store but I dunno. I wish Sony would make a Circle Pad Pro type device for Remote Play specifically with L2/R2 and L1/R1 too

Then why did you even come in the thread?
Lol welcome to CAG

"I hate _____ store" blah blah blah
"____ store sucks" blah blah blah
"Their programs suck they`re terrible" blah blah blah
"They`ll never get my money again in fact I`ll never go into their store ever again"

But let there be a good coupon "can someone please pm me their coupon if you`re not going to use" at ___ store that I said I`m never stepping foot into again.

I also dont like it. The problem is with the triggers. You may experience missed inputs, especially if you need to rapidly press them.

I personally love it because it takes a lot of strain off my hands, at the same time, it makes it impossible to take in a case so I never actually use it unless I'm at home.

I don't mean to thread hijack, but I originally owned these and experienced the same problem with the triggers.  They are comfortable, but you REALLY have to hit them hard to ensure that the buttons register as being pressed.

This is what I have ended up and it is amazing.  Really, really comfortable and extends battery life by several hours, (and you can charge both the Vita and the grip at the same time).  I swear by these and have turned at least 10 people onto them, all of which love them and can't play their Vita anymore without them.

Hit It!

EDIT: There is also a cheaper version that doesn't include the battery also available for purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I hear the Nyko Power Grip is great, and the external battery doubles playing time.  The problem is it's $35 on Amazon for the OLED version (discontinued product so the third party seller is selling above msrp).  It's cheaper ($23) and also sold by Amazon for the vita slim version, though.

I don't mean to thread hijack, but I originally owned these and experienced the same problem with the triggers. They are comfortable, but you REALLY have to hit them hard to ensure that the buttons register as being pressed.

This is what I have ended up and it is amazing. Really, really comfortable and extends battery life by several hours, (and you can charge both the Vita and the grip at the same time). I swear by these and have turned at least 10 people onto them, all of which love them and can't play their Vita anymore without them.

Hit It!

EDIT: There is also a cheaper version that doesn't include the battery also available for purchase.
The Nyko is awesome, but I had an issue with mine. I stopped playing my Vita for a month or so and left it connected into my vita. The next time I tried to charge it, it didnt hold the charge anymore. So.. I'm not sure if leaving it plugged into the vita ruined it or not. I still use it for the grips even though it doesnt hold the charge. I'm not sure how the technology works, but it seems like when I leave it off and connect into the Nyko that the Vita battery drains faster.. so I'm not sure if leaving it connected for a month made them try to feed off each other's batteries and eventually ruined the Nyko battery, so be careful if you know you won't be using it for a while. I'd disconnect it to be on the safe side if you go with the Nyko Power Grip.

I saw a few reviews that claimed their Nyko Power Grip stopped holding the charge also.

Then why did you even come in the thread?
To inform potential buyers?

I was also going to say I bought these and returned them. I actually thought the triggers worked ok (not great) but it didn't add any real size or grip to the Vita and was uncomfortable.

For $6 you're not going to be out much if you don't like them, but buyer beware I guess.

bread's done
Back