Best Buy Premiere Silver Reward Zone Members: FREE MUSIC CD/DVD!

InfiniteStill

CAGiversary!
Valid from Sunday, 12/21 to Saturday 12/27

Simply bring your Best Buy Reward Zone Premiere Silver membership card into Best Buy and pick up your choice of ONE of the following titles (COMPLETELY FREE!):

Black Eyed Peas, The - Renegotiations: The Remixes (7742491)
Christina Aguilera - Back to Basics (8584221)
Eagles - Hole in the World (5581587)
Earth Wind & Fire - Illumination (7441958)
Elton John - Dream Ticket (6800232)
Foo Fighters - Five Songs & A Cover (7549352)
Fort Minor - Fort Minor Fan Pack (7579186)
Into the West - exclusive soundtrack (7219501)
Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Love Show From Madison Square Garden 2-DVD Set (8596209)
Mariah Carey - Adventures of Mimi 2-DVD Set (8619131)
Poison - Live, Raw & Uncut (8877245)
Rolling Stones - Biggest Bang DVD (8375983)
Rolling Stones - Four Flicks 4-DVD Set (5938596)
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist (8574679)
Usher - Behind the Truth: Truth Tour DVD (7481432)
Who, The - Amazing Journey (8757071)
Who, The - Amazing Journey: The Story of the Who DVD (8595451)
Who, The - Endless Wire CD/DVD (8053214)
Will.i.am - Rhapsody Original DVD (8603264)

This offer is valid for Best Buy Premiere Silver Reward Zone members only. Premiere Silver membership is for Best Buy Reward Zone customers that have spent $2,500 or more in the past year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bullshit... they want you to spend that much money to qualify for a more elite status, but never take into account how much you spent with them in the past and didn't take into account the huge rise in gas prices over the last few months AND something called a RESSESSION!

As a reward..oh a free CD...too bad it's nothing I WANT. What's that going to cost them, 15-17 dollars a pop? And how much did we have to spend again? Over 2k a year?!?!?

Thanks BB....now give us MORE monthly coupons damn it!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']This is bullshit... they want you to spend that much money to qualify for a more elite status, but never take into account how much you spent with them in the past and didn't take into account the huge rise in gas prices over the last few months AND something called a RESSESSION!

As a reward..oh a free CD...too bad it's nothing I WANT. What's that going to cost them, 15-17 dollars a pop? And how much did we have to spend again? Over 2k a year?!?!?

Thanks BB....now give us MORE monthly coupons damn it!![/QUOTE]

You truly are not a merry man. Its takes a special kind of person to bash an offer for a completely free item.

[quote name='ITDEFX']This is bullshit... they want you to spend that much money to qualify for a more elite status, but never take into account how much you spent with them in the past and didn't take into account the huge rise in gas prices over the last few months AND something called a RESSESSION!

Thanks BB....now give us MORE monthly coupons damn it!![/quote]

grinch_santa.jpg

[quote name='Purkeynator']You truly are not a merry man. Its takes a special kind of person to bash an offer for a completely free item.[/quote]

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']
grinch_santa.jpg
[/quote]

LOLZ at both... Need to change my avatar lol thanks for the idea.

Anyways, it would NICE of them to give us something other than certain CD's...since some of us don't listen to what they offered us. I say give us 10-12% off automatically when we use our reward zone card...now THAT would be a good reward don't you think?

They also just had a free iPod shuffle when you bought a Nano (at the same time as a $25 gift card if you bought a Nano). That was probably nice for the Silver Members. But yeah, I don't think that Best Buy is going to say that this is the week that's supposed to justify Silver Status.

But I'm sure there's some Elton John fan out there somewhere that's high-fiving himself for his forward thinking...

Booo, im going to hit the silver status after the black friday purchases, but those are still pending. Looks like I missed out by exactly 1 day.

[quote name='Darthjer']

But I'm sure there's some Elton John fan out there somewhere that's high-fiving himself for his forward thinking...[/quote]

Or some guy who needed a present for their girlfriend's father who used to go to all of the Rolling Stones concerts. Win for me and free gifts.

Picked up The Who: Amazing Journey DVD set and got in on the Tom Clancy's End War deal for the PS3 (game, headset & strategy guide for $49.99); not a bad day at BB if I do say so myself. Thanks to the OP's of both deals! :applause:

Thanks OP! I picked up the 3 disc exclusive DVD of The Who's Amazing Journey. You can't beat getting something for nothing!

Dang it, I've qualified for Reward Zone Silver, but all of the points haven't gone through yet, so it still says I'm a bit short. I hope they go through in time for me to pick up The Who.

I went to customer service desk and the clerk did not have a clue. The page to print has no real useful info.

She got her manager and he hit a couple of keys and the who dvd went from $30 to $.01.

Also if your going for the who set, there is a 2 disc and a 3 disc version. Grab the 3 disc as it has an exclusive BB 90 min live chicago 1979 performance.

[quote name='Stealthcat']I already have Silver membership, do I just take this to the checkout lane and it will ring up as free?[/quote]

Yep; from what I saw, when the clerk hit the total button, a screen popped up with info on the deal and he had the choice to either accept or decline it....no problems here.

Thanks BB....now give us MORE monthly coupons damn it!![/QUOTE]

I received an e-mail alerting me I was now Premiere Silver when the program launched back in September. They absolutely 100% did take into account all of my past purchases as I had bought nothing from Best Buy for months prior.

[quote name='InfiniteStill']I received an e-mail alerting me I was now Premiere Silver when the program launched back in September. They absolutely 100% did take into account all of my past purchases as I had bought nothing from Best Buy for months prior.[/quote]

It's supposed to be based on your previous twelve months and qualifies you for the next 13 months. You have to hit $2500 every year to sustain it though...

[quote name='Darthjer']It's supposed to be based on your previous twelve months and qualifies you for the next 13 months. You have to hit $2500 every year to sustain it though...[/quote]

Basically that's a new high end computer or a new 50 inch hdtv every year :bomb:

Not great for someone who just buys movie soundtracks, dvds/br, and some computer games. :(

LoL. Your motto is perfect now; all you need to do is turn your avatar into the Grinch and you're gold! I know you probably didn't mean to come off like you did, but what you said and the reactions you got really gave me a good laugh over here. Merry...or unmerry christmas?!

I am trying to see the logic of this "awesome" reward that people think they are getting.

You spend $2500 a year to get your silver status, in return best buy gives you a free cd from a very limited selection that cost what ?? 14-17 bucks??

Wow, what a great deal :roll:.

Merry X-mas from best buy..thanks for spending $2500 with us..now here is your gift!

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am trying to see the logic of this "awesome" reward that people think they are getting.

You spend $2500 a year to get your silver status, in return best buy gives you a free cd from a very limited selection that cost what ?? 14-17 bucks??

Merry X-mas from best buy..thanks for spending $2500 with us..now here is your gift![/quote]

Or...they just could not even have the Reward Zone or Premier Silver programs. :roll:

Srsly...quit your bitchin'. If I wanted to read whining and complaining I'd go pull up a few of my ex's old emails.

But....Merry Christmas!

[quote name='Darthjer']It's supposed to be based on your previous twelve months and qualifies you for the next 13 months. You have to hit $2500 every year to sustain it though...[/QUOTE]Exactly. So purchases in 2007 qualified for me 2008 and well into 2009.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am trying to see the logic of this "awesome" reward that people think they are getting.

Merry X-mas from best buy..thanks for spending $2500 with us..now here is your gift![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's intentionally ignoring the fact that the reward program is much more than a free one time CD/DVD. I bought a bunch of equipment from Magnolia at the beginning of the year and qualified for enough reward bucks to get a PS3. I've also had a bunch of other deals through the program and that's all free stuff from things I would have already bought, even without the program.

The free CD/DVD is just a nice bonus for anyone already in the program. The silver program started a few months ago and this isn't the first freebie offer they've had. Definitely not the last. So suck it up. :)

I am VERY thankful to the OP on this, I hadn't read the email. I picked up (what seems to be the best value on that list) the "The Amazing Journey: The Who" 3 dvd set, which I'd been planning on buying anyway. Worth $27.99; I saw the documentary on HDNet last year, it's freakin awesome, and the Best Buy version has an extra DVD with an entire live performance from 1979.

Also, the CD of "The Amazing Journey", fyi, is only $2.99 on the Best Buy website, so I got that PMd as well. For Rock Band fans, it's all the songs that came out in the Who Rock Band pack (including the 2 previously unreleased tracks).

To the bitchers about the program, yes, you spend money to earn rewards. The DVD/CD isn't worth much, but it's a nice token above and beyond what they normally give (which is worth it anyway). Do you complain about getting Frequent Flyer miles, too? Seriously, get a life.

Just a heads up for anyone new to Premier Silver like me, I noticed on the list of titles you can click on, the valid dates for this promo are 12/21 - 1/3, even though on the first page it says 12/27...so it may be going on for another week if you haven't taken advantage of it yet.

I tried to get one today since my Silver just kicked in...but I wasn't in the system yet. :(

I don't buy much from BB these days, certainly not enough to qualify for RZ Premier Silver. However, since most of my charges are made using my RZ Mastercard, I do qualify and this ends ends up being a pleasant surprise & great deal.

So for anyone who's gotten this, do you just walk up to the counter and say "this should be free because I'm premiere"? I'm planning a BB run and not sure if I need to take any documentation of the deal, besides the (very non-official looking) page with the details.

[quote name='Justin42']So for anyone who's gotten this, do you just walk up to the counter and say "this should be free because I'm premiere"? I'm planning a BB run and not sure if I need to take any documentation of the deal, besides the (very non-official looking) page with the details.[/quote]

I said, "I want this free!" The cashier looked at me really confused, but when they hit total after scanning your RZ silver id, it totals to zero dollars. If that is all you are getting, the register pops open and you take the receipt that says $0.00 and you are on your way. I brought the documentation, but it was not needed.

[quote name='Justin42']So for anyone who's gotten this, do you just walk up to the counter and say "this should be free because I'm premiere"? I'm planning a BB run and not sure if I need to take any documentation of the deal, besides the (very non-official looking) page with the details.[/quote]

I believe that it's when the cashier hits the total button that the popup notifies them of the deal, they then have the choice to accept or decline it.

Well, for some reason my RZ card wasn't working with it, but they figured out if they put in my phone number, it worked... (even though the receipt shows the exact same RZ number as the card..! Haven't gotten my Silver packet in the mail yet)

Very bizarre. Took 15 minutes but got the deal.

i got the Mariah Carey - Adventures of Mimi 2-DVD Set. nice/free. i think its cool. didnt have to purchase anything. i was thinking of either that or the Elton John set.

[quote name='jmillion']i got the Mariah Carey - Adventures of Mimi 2-DVD Set. nice/free. i think its cool. didnt have to purchase anything. i was thinking of either that or the Elton John set.[/quote]

I got the Elton John.
All "Free Music" for Premiere Silver RZ members are on sale anyway.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']I got the Elton John.
All "Free Music" for Premiere Silver RZ members are on sale anyway.[/quote]
how is the Elton John? i like that comes w/ so much. one of the reasons i was going to get. and i like his music in general.

[quote name='B:L']A heads up, Christina Aguilera's CD is the same name as her DVD.

The DVD is the one that's free. :bomb:[/quote] oh so it is the DVD? i was wondering.

[quote name='Justin42']Well, for some reason my RZ card wasn't working with it, but they figured out if they put in my phone number, it worked... (even though the receipt shows the exact same RZ number as the card..! Haven't gotten my Silver packet in the mail yet)

Very bizarre. Took 15 minutes but got the deal.[/quote]

Good to know, I'll try doing it with my phone number since I haven't received my Silver card yet either and it wouldn't work with my regular RZ card.

I just checked online and under "Print a replacement card" it has a different full barcode than my regular card, although the last 10 digits (member ID) are the same...

Maybe you could try printing that out as well? I'm going to replace the card I have with that for now and see if it works any differently.

bread's done
Back