Best Buy price match chances...help

Tdog987

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I'm trying to get the GTA IV complete $20 from Target matched at BB

The website at Target says a local store has it, but when I called they say they dont.

I'm trying to get this PM'd at BB...problem is I don't have a smart phone to where I can show them.

My plan was to print out this page (showing that is says $19.99 in store)

http://www.target.com/p/PS3-GRAND-THEFT-AUTO-IV-COMPLETE-PlayStation-3/-/A-13466743

and print out the page where is says "find in store", showing that the product is in stock in that certain store.

If BB calls Target to verify...then I'm screwed.

What are my chances of succeeding?

Don't worry BB will price match target.goto customer service and tell them that you saw this game at target for 20 and they'll call and verify and voila you'll have GTA4 for 20

The store has to be within a radius of 25 miles. With the # of Targets typically around, you sure you don't have another one with it in stock?

[quote name='Rollett']Do you know what 50% means ? And i say 50% too.. depends if they call or not.[/QUOTE]

Yes...50% is pretty much a no answer.

Here is a tip, if you ask for a PM at the cashier instead of customer service they are less likely to call.

[quote name='Tdog987']I was looking to see how many people have done a BB price match and how many times did BB call.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what other people's experiences have been. Every person's experience is going to be different. It could happen 100% of the time to other people and you could get shot down or vice versa. Just go and try to get it PM'ed and let us know what happens.

[quote name='Scorch']It doesn't matter what other people's experiences have been. Every person's experience is going to be different. It could happen 100% of the time to other people and you could get shot down or vice versa. Just go and try to get it PM'ed and let us know what happens.[/QUOTE]

Will do.

I'll let update tomorrow.

I'm just seeing if I can save myself the hour trip (1/2 hour there and 1/2 hour back), if the chances aren't that good.

Yeah depends on the employee. I've found I've had much more ease with just taking my receipt to customer service after I've already purchased an item to get the difference back. Once they have your money already, I guess they care a little less about hassling you. I've never once had a store even think of the notion to call another store when all I'm doing is an adjustment. The only problem is, you have to pay full price first, then get the money back. On a credit card, that could take a day or two. If you can live with that, it's no problem then. It's more because I want everything on release date, and price match a few weeks later, that's how I usually end up with this rather than a straight match,

So I went to the Target (its 2 stores down from Best Buy) just to see if they had it and didn't.
They said they discontinued it and that they may have copies in the back, but the employee said it would take hours to search through it all and if I can't find a copy somewhere else, I can come back because they may have it back in stock on Friday (IDK).

So on to Best Buy...I had my 2 print outs and everything. Place wasn't that busy. They had like 10 copies for $29.99 each there. I pick one up and take it to one of the registers, and ask for a price match. I show them the 2 print outs, everything is checking out and then they call over one of their managers (or supervisors...not sure). So he says he is going to call and check (not sure he actually called or went on the Target website). He comes back 3 minutes later and I got my price match.

Yay. My 1st PM.

Thanks everyone.

[quote name='Tdog987']Will do.

I'll let update tomorrow.

I'm just seeing if I can save myself the hour trip (1/2 hour there and 1/2 hour back), if the chances aren't that good.[/QUOTE]

That is a lot of driving (and gas) to save $10. To each their own though.

bread's done
Back