Best Buy Price Match on Target B2G1 plus additional $20 off YMMV

Drabelincoln

CAGiversary!
Feedback
108 (100%)
So I went to Best Buy today because I had a 30 dollar reward zone card cert to use, when I went I asked if they would honor the Target B2G1 deal they said they would. Well after manager override they totaled by order and I guess Best Buy is running a special on buying 3 games get 20 off? It may only be for Kinect games which is what I bought but it worked. I'm uploading a picture of my receipt if that will help.

[URL=http://img121.imageshack.us/i/img0106uo.jpg/]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']what's this, I don't even........[/QUOTE]

sorry i didn't realize the image size was so large...i changed it...i hope..it resizes everything on my screen

There is a $10 off any two Kinect games deal at Best Buy right now which is why you got the bonus $10 off. It's $20 off any three games, but obviously it doesn't apply on a free game. I believe it was originally supposed to be a gift card, but other people are reporting it just takes it off at the register. The total looks like some voodoo though because it probably should be $100 minus the $10. Not sure why the manager did what he did on your total as it looks like you got an extra discount.

[quote name='bojay1997']There is a $10 off any two Kinect games deal at Best Buy right now which is why you got the bonus $10 off. It's $20 off any three games, but obviously it doesn't apply on a free game. I believe it was originally supposed to be a gift card, but other people are reporting it just takes it off at the register.[/QUOTE]

i got 20 off...if you look at the receipt they reduced the price of two games by 50%.....so none were free...

Holy shit. Anyone else confirm this? I just got back from target, but I will promptly rebuy at best buy if this works. I want the same three games too. Sports, your shape and dance central.

This would be a nice alternative to Target's bullshit of saying B2G1 Kinect game orders won't ship for a month after earlier saying they would ship by November 10. If BB wasn't an hour from me, I'd be on this tonight.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']i got 20 off...if you look at the receipt they reduced the price of two games by 50%.....so none were free...[/QUOTE]

You're right, others are reporting the same deal on other websites. It is counting the free game as the third so you get the $20. Great deal, but very YMMV if you even get the match.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']sorry i tried

.[/QUOTE]

what ---dude you don't need to apologize--your trying to hook up people with a deal you obviously got and they may be able to get-if they want to try or not thats on them.

plus like some one said. it beats the b.s target is pulling on shipping the games

thanks for looking out o.p

worked for me. Got 2 games for $39.99 each and a 3rd one for free. Also got a $20 gift card. Did this twice on 2 transactions, so I walked away with 6 games for the price of 159.96 and 2 $20 gift cards.

[quote name='mht727']worked for me. Got 2 games for $39.99 each and a 3rd one for free. Also got a $20 gift card. Did this twice on 2 transactions, so I walked away with 6 games for the price of 159.96 and 2 $20 gift cards.[/QUOTE]

damn and a 20 dollar gift card on top of the 20 off

[quote name='Drabelincoln']damn and a 20 dollar gift card on top of the 20 off[/QUOTE]
Curious about this also: a gift card and the instant discount? I thought the discount was being applied instead of the gift card, but not on top of it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']My Best Buy refused to match the Kincet games since "they were so new."[/QUOTE]That isn't a reason to weasel out of a PM. I'd call up their customer relations office and tear them a new one.

[quote name='youenvy']
plus like some one said. it beats the b.s target is pulling on shipping the games

thanks for looking out o.p[/QUOTE]

So true about Target. Total crap.

Great deal. BF is going to go give this a shot, but our store has a history of never accepting PM of any kind. Thanks OP!

[quote name='shrike4242']That isn't a reason to weasel out of a PM. I'd call up their customer relations office and tear them a new one.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, on bundle deals doesn't their policy give them an out? They are technically already matching Target's price of $49.99 per game and then some considering you get $20 off three games and maybe a gift card. I haven't read the policy in a while, but my recollection is that they don't have to match bundle deals.

[quote name='splintercell']Curious about this also: a gift card and the instant discount? I thought the discount was being applied instead of the gift card, but not on top of it.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a post a day or two ago about potential stacking because there is both a RZ/GZ offer for $10 off 2 Kinect games and $20 off two games, as well as a second deal for all customers for a gift card at $10 for 2 and $20 for 3 Kinect games? That is amazing, but I imagine that would be super YMMV and would depend on the manager walking away and the employee really not caring about giving away the store.

This is very YMMV. I have been to two different Best Buys (in the Quantico, VA area) and both managers have told me "we match prices, not promotions."

Can someone please explain the promotion going on at BB that gives you the $20 gift card or $20 off or whatever it is they are offering. I get that it stacks with the PM of the Target deal but whats this shit they're doing on their own?

[quote name='Thorgouge']Can someone please explain the promotion going on at BB that gives you the $20 gift card or $20 off or whatever it is they are offering. I get that it stacks with the PM of the Target deal but whats this shit they're doing on their own?[/QUOTE]

Pick up a weekly ad when you walk into your bestbuy store

free 10.00 gift card when you buy any 2 kinect games
free 20.00 gift card whrn you buy any 3 kinect games.

price match to target buy 2 get 1 free ad

You should really only be getting a 10dollar gift card (since your only buying 2 games and getting 1 free)
But it seems their system thinks your buying the 3rd "free" game and gives you the 20dollar giftcard instead.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Pick up a weekly ad when you walk into your bestbuy store

free 10.00 gift card when you buy any 2 kinect games
free 20.00 gift card whrn you buy any 3 kinect games.

price match to target buy 2 get 1 free ad

You should really only be getting a 10dollar gift card (since your only buying 2 games and getting 1 free)
But it seems their system thinks your buying the 3rd "free" game and gives you the 20dollar giftcard instead.[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty good. I have a strong feeling though the nazi managers at my BB will deny this though. Either they will say that they don't price match promotions or they will argue that they never stack promotions. I'm pretty sure the two managers at my BB are Hitler and Goebbels reincarnated.

For those who are crying about not getting a match, here's a qoute on best buys policy on price matches on what they don't match: "Offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors and mail-in offers."

So Op and others lucked out, but don't make such a big deal if you didn't get it because someone was doing their job.
For what it's worth, my BB doesn't match b2g1 free sales anymore either, so I just go elsewhere when those sales happen. Not a big deal.

bread's done
Back