Best Buy Product Replacement...No Receipt

lowgear26

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

my Xbox died (again) and I need to take it to Best Buy to replace it. Problem is, my wife threw out the PRP and receipt.

Does anyone know/anyone taken back something under the PRP and have them able to find the info on it?

I checked the Best Buy forums with mixed results and local stores are closed.

Any good/bad experiences would be useful.

Thanks,

I think they can get it through your serial number, I had a dyson that broke and was almost 3yrs old with no reciept and they used the number on the bottom and confirmed my address and ID. The kid handed me a new vacuum right there.

I work at BB and just had the exact same situation last week. All of your PRP/PSP info is stored according to your phone number and addy. So as long as you remember one of the two at your time of purchase you're golden. Be aware that the PRP policy changed recently (Septemberish?) and that if you purchased the program after that date your Xbox will now be REPAIRED and not just replaced off the shelf. Sucks big time....

Good luck.. I got the run around, one told me to bring it in did so said sorry have to mail to MS, then we'll see if its fixable.. WTF? It says replace.. I got pissed went home called, complained, said they'd call store, went back still said I'd have to mail in.. I said why should I have to wait, Finally on phone people said they'd send mailer, never came waited, waited.. finally after waiting a month.. called complained, they sent me gift card and I was told to throw out system.. So once my card came I took it apart.. fixed it, turned out to be power supply and loose connector causing it to shut off..

So obviously due to every store having different associates (and I'm sure we can all speak to this), not all associates are built equal...
What SHOULD occur (depending on when you bought the Xbox) is one of two things:
1. If you have a replacement plan (known as a PRP) you have two options: a) you can call 888-bestbuy (AFTER you obtain your receipt info, which can be done at ANY store, given your information is listed properly in the system 99% chance they will have it)...after you do this, a shipping label will be sent to you, you send your items in and they will send you a gift card for the value of the item; b) you bring it to the store, and request them to fulfill the plan in the store, it is now up to the store associate to call the number and obtain an "RA Number"
2. If you have the new plan (currently known as Geek Squad Gadgets and Gizmos plan) you bring your stuff to the store, and they will send you a refurbished unit VERY quickly. Typically 3-7 days.

You should not be out of luck sir...This is how it SHOULD work. I have run both sides of the business at best buy (customer service, and media), and this is what it should look like.

Hope that helps.

bread's done
Back