Best Buy Product Replacement Plan

ChaosZero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I'm gonna buy the new PSP this weekend at my local best buy. I was wondering whether or not I should get the $30 2-year replacement plan. Any recommendations?

If this were a 360 I'd say yes w/o a doubt, not sure it's worth on the PSP....if you'd like the option to upgrade later on it might be worth it to you.

I'm a fan of Best Buy's replacement plans for stuff like TVs, as I've saved about $600 thanks to it and the service is always really simple and fast. I haven't heard of PSPs having a high failure/lemon rate though, so I don't know how much good it'll do you. I'd guess that if you end up with something like a dead pixel, they'd exchange it without the plan.

[quote name='Vader582']if you'd like the option to upgrade later on it might be worth it to you.[/quote]

What's this upgrade deal you're talking about?

my screen went bad (colors "wash out" and then flicker back to normal...using my plan to exchange..they are out of phats...so a slim it is (upgrade) :)

I don't think I'd spend $30 for a warranty on something as cheap as the PSP. Especially since it really only covers you for one year after the manufacturer's warranty expires. What are the chances of something happening to it between months 12-24? If you have a platinum Visa, just charge it on that to double the manufacturer warranty with Visa Warranty Manager. Spend the $30 on a game instead.

bread's done
Back