Best Buy Product Replacement Plan

thenuke1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
BB: Best Buy
PRP: Product Replacement Plan
BTPP: Black Tie Protection Plan

Now first off i know the PRP is void now and they are being accepted as BTPP... They are also claiming that they stoped selling PRPs in 2008 which isn't true.

i bought my x360 in 2009 and they sold me a PRP

if you had trouble with BB not honoring your PRP that you bought for your console or if your X360 or PS3 died recently and your remember specifically buying a PRP here is what you can do and its VALID

Try to find your reciept that has your plan info on it. If you cant or you lost it simply go to best buy and ask them for a print out of the receipt (i did and my plan came up as a PRP from 2009).

for the following use Internet Explorer for some reason firefox and the following links dont get along

go to this link https://www.productassist.com/bestbuy/LRP/userLogin.xhtml

if that one doesnt work try this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Ge...on/pcmcat159800050001.c?id=pcmcat159800050001
(if you use this one scroll down until you see a box that says "Already Covered" and click "visit the service plan portal")

sign up (do not use the sign up through reward zone it doesnt seem to work correctly and your account will not be created)

Register your product/plan with the "add my products" option in orange

once you register, your product will automatically appear on the page if it doesnt just select it from the drop down menu

to your right it will say " view details" in orange click that

it will show you your plan number and the coverage

its a good idea to print the following out for your records since best buy has yet to change this policy or mention anything about PRPs not being honored and only being accepted as BTPP. I was reading in the BB forums that they were currently changing this (that was january in 2010)

Our Product Replacement Plan takes the hassle and expense out of unexpected product failure.

• If your product stops working, we arrange to have it replaced - no repairs necessary!
  • Easy fulfillment - we'll give you a Best Buy gift card to choose your own replacement.
  • Nationwide redemption.
take the print out to best buy and let them know all that info is current and is still available on the service portal website.

My xbox got the RROD and i went to see what my plan covered, not knowing that the PRP plans where not accepted and where only valid as BTPPs. i printed out what i saw just incase they tried to tell me different, which they did. The geek squad member filled out all the paper work for a "rapid exchange" and told me that BB would call me to let me know when my refurbished unit had arrived. I handed her the print out and after a quick debate with her co worker they gave me my Gift Card for the amount that i paid for the xbox in 2009 which was 299.99 plus tax

PM me if you have any questions

[quote name='thenuke1']BB: Best Buy
PRP: Product Replacement Plan
BTPP: Black Tie Protection Plan

Now first off i know the PRP is void now and they are being accepted as BTPP... They are also claiming that they stoped selling PRPs in 2008 which isn't true.

i bought my x360 in 2009 and they sold me a PRP

if you had trouble with BB not honoring your PRP that you bought for your console or if your X360 or PS3 died recently and your remember specifically buying a PRP here is what you can do and its VALID

Try to find your reciept that has your plan info on it. If you cant or you lost it simply go to best buy and ask them for a print out of the receipt (i did and my plan came up as a PRP from 2009).

for the following use Internet Explorer for some reason firefox and the following links dont get along

go to this link https://www.productassist.com/bestbuy/LRP/userLogin.xhtml

if that one doesnt work try this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Ge...on/pcmcat159800050001.c?id=pcmcat159800050001
(if you use this one scroll down until you see a box that says "Already Covered" and click "visit the service plan portal")

sign up (do not use the sign up through reward zone it doesnt seem to work correctly and your account will not be created)

Register your product/plan with the "add my products" option in orange

once you register, your product will automatically appear on the page if it doesnt just select it from the drop down menu

to your right it will say " view details" in orange click that

it will show you your plan number and the coverage

its a good idea to print the following out for your records since best buy has yet to change this policy or mention anything about PRPs not being honored and only being accepted as BTPP. I was reading in the BB forums that they were currently changing this (that was january in 2010)

Our Product Replacement Plan takes the hassle and expense out of unexpected product failure.

• If your product stops working, we arrange to have it replaced - no repairs necessary!
  • Easy fulfillment - we'll give you a Best Buy gift card to choose your own replacement.
  • Nationwide redemption.
take the print out to best buy and let them know all that info is current and is still available on the service portal website.

My xbox got the RROD and i went to see what my plan covered, not knowing that the PRP plans where not accepted and where only valid as BTPPs. i printed out what i saw just incase they tried to tell me different, which they did. The geek squad member filled out all the paper work for a "rapid exchange" and told me that BB would call me to let me know when my refurbished unit had arrived. I handed her the print out and after a quick debate with her co worker they gave me my Gift Card for the amount that i paid for the xbox in 2009 which was 299.99 plus tax

PM me if you have any questions[/QUOTE]

Glad u didnt get the refurbish. Best Buy try to pull this to avoid people from using their protection plan. Their Bttp and the new Buy Back program is a waste.

I loved the old PRP program. It kept me buying products their. Now I buy electronics at other places for better prices.

[quote name='jbuck138']I loved the old PRP program. It kept me buying products their. Now I buy electronics at other places for better prices.[/QUOTE]
I used to love their PRP program as well. It was awesome to get a newer model of the same item 2-3 years from when you bought it AND if it was cheaper you got back the difference on a gift card.:D

[quote name='CaoPi']yeah they new give you a refurbished unit for a defective product that was bought new, sounds like hassle and a waste of time to me

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Ga...ty-Geek-Squad-Black-Tie-Protection/m-p/102666[/QUOTE]

sounds like a waste and hastle but its really not. If you bought a PRP and they NOW tell you that its a BTPP you should try registering the product on the website so it shows as PRP. It will obviously still work considering i did it a few weeks ago and checked it a few min ago and it STILL says PRP

[quote name='The Punisher']Glad u didnt get the refurbish. Best Buy try to pull this to avoid people from using their protection plan. Their Bttp and the new Buy Back program is a waste.[/QUOTE]

Agreed the new BTPP is complete crap. i bought my PRP in 2009 ... they are saying that they stopped selling PRPs in 2008 ... i would even go as far as to say that even if you bought a BTPP i would stay try to see what the service plan portal says after you register your product.

bread's done
Back