Best Buy profits down due to "angel customer" strategy

Well no shit. I mean seriously. Drive off a huge part of your customer base and be surprised when profits are down? They actually PAY someone to run a company that badly?

Hurray!! Excellent news. I hope this happens to them quarter after quarter. Assholes. 3 out of 5 stores in my town suck and the other two are too far away so BB doesn't get any remorse or pity out of me. fuck BB.

Ok bestbuy I'm going to tell you something. No matter what, if people are buying something in your store they are a customer. Unless they are wasting a employee's time or damaging goods. If I look around buy one cd and a dvd I'm a paying customer's that deserve as much respect as the single guy (angel) who is buying that big screen. As much as I hate to say this take a look at wal-mart majority of their stock is low margin. However they are the biggest retailer in the country. Guess what it's not what you sale but how much. They don't just foucs on the big sales. In the end it's about how your store is ran as a whole.

This criticism may be a little premature. I saw this story on Cnbc and the consensus from the financial world seems to be that they're taking short term profit cuts for long term growth by remodeling stores and adding staff and services like Geek squad. They aren't going down any time soon and don't expect them to turn around and embrace us devils.

So i'm consider an angel custumer. In the last month i bought all of this

Phone - $200
Refrigerator - $1350
Ipod - $300
Toaster - $80
Vacumm - $200
can opener $ 10
extra charger for digital camera $ 40
guitar hero $ 70
rocking gamer chair $ 80

[quote name='itspaidgasterblaster']So i'm consider an angel custumer. In the last month i bought all of this

Phone - $200
Refrigerator - $1350
Ipod - $300
Toaster - $80
Vacumm - $200
can opener $ 10
guitar hero $ 70
rocking gamer chair $ 80[/QUOTE]

I'm going to get this out of the way for everyone:

What are you doing at a site called cheapassgamer? :p

Shit. I'm seeing where you could have saved probably 200 bucks easily.

[quote name='Strell']I'm going to get this out of the way for everyone:

What are you doing at a site called cheapassgamer? :p

Shit. I'm seeing where you could have saved probably 200 bucks easily.[/QUOTE]

I went to many stores and that fridge was for about 400 dollars more at other stores so i thought since it was cheaper and thats the one i wanted why not buy it. I always try to look for the better deal and i love CAG i have found so many deals but since this is my first apartment I want to enjoy it. See the toaster was for 110 the week before and this time i got it for 80. The vacumm was regular price 330 but since it was an open box item i got it for 200, i thought those 3 were okay deals.

Heh, I hope it didn't sound inflamatory or anything, I was being facetious.

But just thinking off the top of my head:

Non-electric can opener you turn manually is probably $2

This vacuum (which I got for my first apartment) kicks ass, and with all the ones my family has gone through over the years it seems like they are designed to wear out, so there doesn't seem to be a reason to buy anything expensive (unless you get a Dyson, which I want). For $60 I haven't found anything better. And that was "my" chore when I was with my parents, so I've seen several. Meh.

Any cell phone/digital camera accessory can be had on eBay for about $10 shipped. And usually you get an extra battery, charger, and cheap case together.

I'll assume there are toasters for like $20. :p

In all reality it doesn't matter. You made informed decisions, something that most people don't do, so it's cool. I just wanted to throw in 2 cents about the vacuum though.

[quote name='itspaidgasterblaster']So i'm consider an angel custumer. In the last month i bought all of this

Phone - $200
Refrigerator - $1350
Ipod - $300
Toaster - $80
Vacumm - $200
can opener $ 10
guitar hero $ 70
rocking gamer chair $ 80[/QUOTE]

I'd call you a wasteful "custumer."

in related news, the Jockish-Gangsterish Suburban Teen/Community College Drop Out Upseller union is demanding reparations for the mental trauma caused by splitting customer profiles into 5 categories, rather than the traditional "rich guy/poor guy" view. the JGSTCCDOU complains of "bein' too tired to play madden and shit" at the end of the 15 hour work week.

Yay, best buy is losing money from their "angel customer" strategy! That is not really a big surprise.

People go to Best Buy because alot of their stuff is cheap. Most people go in there to buy stuff at low prices.The type of upscale customer that Best Buy is now trying to target rarely steps into Best Buy in the first place. The type of customer that DOES go into BB isn't interested in buying useless warrantees or extra items.

Another thing is, people are paying more for gas and utilities. You think this might eat into people's discretionary spending this year, hmm????

bread's done
Back