Best Buy PRP - Do I get $399 or $349 towards new product?

nintendokid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I bought my X360 past January when it was still $399.99 with a PRP. I've gotten numerous RRoD and it's all packed up ready to be brought in to be replaced in early November when I have money to upgrade to an Elite as well as hoping to get a newer lot.

Is there a way in which I can argue or fight for being able to get the full amount I actually paid ($399) to go towards an Elite or does the current value of my actual item ($349) override?

Do you think an argument like this would work:

"It's not like I'm taking the $399, putting it towards a new pro X360 and pocketing the extra $50. I just want a new Elite model so you're still getting my original money of $399 plus the extra $50 that I'm shelling out today to upgrade."

Mwa hahahhahahhaha. I should be a lawyer.

Hmm... last time mine died, they offered to extend my warranty for XX amount of dollars. Since the $50 drop, I wonder if I can just go in there and have them put that $50 towards extending the warranty. I bought mine at launch so my BB warranty expires in November. I'd really just like to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that IF it does break again in the next year, I can just go swap it out at BestBuy without having to send it back to MS.

From my experience you should get the full 399.99 towards something. I=You should have no problem. It's how I got a bigger TV than I originally bought.

You get purchase price + tax towards the new item. The cost of the PRP goes up in smoke with the use.

You could use the money from the PRP towards the new item and a new PRP, and you should about break even.

Thats kind of funny because at EBgames when I took my ROD 360 in to use my PRP they said its for the item only and not dollar value so I got a new 360 and no $50 in credit........

EBGames replacement plan != BB replacement plan.

BB just gives you purchase price + tax towards any item in the store on a gift card. EB's replacement plan replaces the console.

Best Buy's PRP sounds like a decent enough deal, though in the case of systems that NO LONGER are made, then I guess you get store credit in the amount of your purchase.

I have one on my Xbox, which I got on Black Friday 2 years ago and it's up in November. I also have a 'spare' Xbox, which I got from a CAG, so now the question is.....do I want $150 in credit or to keep my Xbox in Nov?

I know with my faulty year from launch PS2, they simply replaced it with another one, even though they tested it and didn't have the same problem that I did.

I look at the PRP as a sort of long term lease of sorts, where you pay your $$$ up front for the item, plus the cost of the PRP and in 2 or however many years, you can swap that item out for a newer version of the system or whatever in all likelyhood.

Yes, I'm a devil customer of the worst kind, those who exploit potential 'loopholes' in these PRPs.

bread's done
Back