Best Buy PRP question

akilshohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (67%)
My 360 RROD last night and I returned it to best buy with my PRP today. When I was ok'd to get a new 360 I asked the clerk would I get the $80 difference because the Elite just dropped in price, and he replied no. I went to the shelf and got a MUA/Forza Bundle and the clerk said I wasn't elgible to keep the game.
Has the PRP policy changed? I've returned a XBOX 1 and a PSP in the past and was able to upgrade and still have credit left over, but this time it wasn't allowed and I'm wondering why. Any help on this is appreciated.

When you claim the replacement plan on something, you should get back the amount you originally paid on the item. Any other details, I'm not too sure on. If you're buying something cheaper than before, you should get back the difference.

I just went though this with my dad's camera. He originally paid 299 for his Sony camera.... it recently died and they replaced it with a new one that was 179.99. They changed the PRP to where the original price you paid is irrelevant. The fine print on it now says that they can replace it with a "comparable" model to the one you originally had & you do not get the difference in price back.....

Wow. When did they change it? Back in March of this year I had my Creative Zen die on me and I claimed PRP on it. They gave me the full $250 + tax that I paid for it on a BB gift card and I was allowed to spend the full amount as I chose.

did you take it to the store or recieve the label in the mail? I was thinking if I did the label I would of gotten the gift card.
Then when I got the new 360, the guy tells me that the policy has changed again. I return it instore and get a refurb through the mail.

yeah, that's what I did with my PSP and they gave me a new one, but the credit was on a store gift card so it was just like a regular purchase.

Here is a quote from the newest PRP fine print.... note the "fair market value" clause

"If we determine in our sole discretion that your
product cannot be repaired, we will replace it
with a product of like kind and quality that is
of comparable performance or reimburse you
for replacement of the product with a voucher
or gift card, at our discretion, equal to the fair
market value of the product, as determined by
us, not to exceed the original purchase price of
your product, including taxes.
• Technological advances may result in a
replacement product with a lower selling price
than the original product."

http://www.geeksquad.com/gslibrary/.../terms_and_conditions/20080914/20080914TC.pdf

yeah I did this with my PS2 a while back the old fat one had some problems, they use to allow only returns to the replacement program by calling the company but not you can just exchange the defective item in store

[quote name='CaoPi']yeah I did this with my PS2 a while back the old fat one had some problems, they use to allow only returns to the replacement program by calling the company but not you can just exchange the defective item in store[/quote]

They used to call the replacement program company while I was in the store. I know this because I did it with a year from launch model PS2 and an Xbox just last November.

But now that they've changed the rules for it, I know where I'm NOT buying my major electronics from anymore. I used to like being able to use the PRP once every couple of years to swap out for a newer model of the items I bought from them.

That's probably why they changed it up, but to deny the OP the pack-in game with the 360, that's just ridiculous. It came with the system, so it should've been included with the replacement imo.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They used to call the replacement program company while I was in the store. I know this because I did it with a year from launch model PS2 and an Xbox just last November.

But now that they've changed the rules for it, I know where I'm NOT buying my major electronics from anymore. I used to like being able to use the PRP once every couple of years to swap out for a newer model of the items I bought from them.

That's probably why they changed it up, but to deny the OP the pack-in game with the 360, that's just ridiculous. It came with the system, so it should've been included with the replacement imo.[/quote]

Agreed.. its not like the game inside is worth 90 bucks.. it barely goes for 15 on ebay.. on the high end.. I mean damn :(

bread's done
Back