Best Buy: PS3 and Xbox 360 bundles Nov. 17th

feveredego

CAG Veteran
So Best Buy is on day 4 of 35 of their promotion, Deal of the Day. Today it's an LG Blu-ray player. But there's something interesting. There's a caption next to the player that says, "Check back tomorrow for a great deal on PS3 and Xbox bundles."

I've been waiting for the slim to get bundled with a game, so maybe tomorrow will be the day :cool:

Just thought other people would want to know about this, especially since there's probably a limited number of bundles available.

Really? There's quite a number of 360 Pro and Elite bundles out there. There's no bundles at all for the PS3 Slim so this should be interesting.

Yeah, exactly. I just hope it's not a 160GB fat bundle. I don't think it will be since it's already bundled with Uncharted. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='donteatsoap7']Sweet, I've been waiting for a 360 bundle to show up.
I just hope they have one for the arcade edition..[/QUOTE]

Someone has posted on redflagdeals that Toysrus is clearing out their XBOX 360 HALO EDITIONs for $150.

These are those ugly green consoles (that do not include a copy of Halo 3!).
It comes with:

- Xbox 360 Halo 3 special edition console with HDMI ports
- Xbox 360 Halo 3 special edition wireless controller
- Xbox 360 Halo 3 special edition 20gb hard drive
- Xbox 360 Halo 3 special edition wired headset
- Xbox 360 Halo 3 pictures and themes
- Component HD AV cable
- Ethernet connectivity cable
- Xbox live silver membership

I'm pretty sure that they aren't Jasper chipsets but the 2nd gen Falcons i believe. It was posted in Ontario, so yymv.

[quote name='bmachine']OP, do you have a link to this Deal of the Day page?[/QUOTE]

If you go to Best Buy's main page, it'll be in a big yellow and blue 'balloon' type thing with 'Deal of the Day' in giant letters. Very hard to miss. I looked but didn't see any actual page for it on the website, and clicking on the 'Deal of the Day' icon, just takes you to the LG blu-ray player (today's deal).

[quote name='cswloo']If you go to Best Buy's main page, it'll be in a big yellow and blue 'balloon' type thing with 'Deal of the Day' in giant letters. Very hard to miss. I looked but didn't see any actual page for it on the website, and clicking on the 'Deal of the Day' icon, just takes you to the LG blu-ray player (today's deal).[/QUOTE]

Ah, I couldn't see the BD player deal because this is the Canadian thread. I'm in the States. Dammit.

The deal of the day here is a Toshiba laptop.

Sorry!

It's really people just ASSUMING the bundles were console bundles. In no way, shape or form did BB say it was a PS3 console/Xbox 360 console bundle. Everyone just figured it was one. Sure, the wording was vague, but BB delivered exactly what they promised...bundles for PS3's and Xbox 360's.

I would have bought that bundle if I hadn't bought DJ Hero yesterday. A good deal if you just want to play guitar. I have a feeling a better deal on GH5 might materialize in December.

Yeah I might keep everything sealed up until post-boxing day to see if a better deal materializes, since we know have till January 3rd to do returns. Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Uncharted 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum can keep me busy, I think :)

[quote name='game_fanatic'] Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Uncharted 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum can keep me busy, I think :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah...you'd think they'd keep you busy! Unless you're not a completionist, and just want to finish it and move on (;

I changed my mind.

Saving $90 on a GH5 Guitar Bundle and GH: Smash Hits, a game nobody would buy, for free is pretty big. Better to pay $90 than $192. They had about 12 Xbox 360 and 5 of the Wii and PS3 versions at the Best Buy on Merivale Road. There might not be a better deal for solo GH players like myself.

[quote name='Firestorm']Good to see Guitar Hero 5 bombed and they're getting rid of it. lolivision[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're making room for TONY HAWK RIDE. $130 for a fake skateboard!

[quote name='addone']Yeah...you'd think they'd keep you busy! Unless you're not a completionist, and just want to finish it and move on (;[/QUOTE]

For Dragon Age I'll definitely try and complete as much as I can, for the others, just getting to the end of the storyline is good for me!

bread's done
Back