best buy ps3 bundle out now ! 399.

gymguy

CAG Veteran
Hey guys just to let you know i just got back from a best buy in ohio it seems that fabled best buy ps3 bundle is now available. (like the target and walmart bundles)
The bundle includes an 80 gb ps3 with little big planet and WALL-E bluray for 399. just a heads up in my opinion not a great deal but better than buying a stock 80 gb for 399 with nothing like i did last week :(

Sony is gonna have to drop the PS3 to 299.99 for me to seriously consider a purchase. Throwing in some token junk isn't gonna make any difference. A price drop has been LONG overdue.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Sony is gonna have to drop the PS3 to 299.99 for me to seriously consider a purchase. Throwing in some token junk isn't gonna make any difference. A price drop has been LONG overdue.[/QUOTE]

Nearly this time last year you could get a 40 gig ps3 from either best buy or walmart for 399 with a $100 gift card.

Seriously where is that drop.

To be honest, if I were to get a PS3, I would probably buy LBP and Wall-E right away, but I still am not that tempted, as a price drop will come sooner or later.

for those of you still complaining about the price you can always buy a slim ps2 and paint a 3 on the side of it.

Dang! I just bought my PS3 from best buy like 3 weeks ago. Any chance on if i take my receipt in I can get the game and movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pkenne21']Dang! I just bought my PS3 from best buy like 3 weeks ago. Any chance on if i take my receipt in I can get the game and movie?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure their return policy for systems is 30 days, so you could just pack it up and return it for the new one.

Chance that they'll just hand you the game and the movie: 0%

Meh, still not as good as that Dell $320 shipped 80 GB deal way back in January. Little Big Planet isn't worth much anymore and Wall-E sells for $20 new on Amazon.

i bought a 80gb core cechl from best buy after i sold my bc 80gb on craigslist (to loud for watching movies) i love it nice and quiet. funny thing is i bought a second from walmart cechl with the mlb 09 bundle and it had a loud fan. Took ot back and kepy the core from bestbuy. funny same model 1 is loud 1 is not i dont get it.

They are probably trying to push as many consoles as possible before the rumored price drop. As tempting as this is, I'm still going to hold off. The day they make PS3 $299 is the day I will immediately run out to Best Buy and get one. I have so many RZ certificates and gift cards just waiting.

If a retailer gave a $100 gift card with those two extras then I'll bite. I'll even take the bundle for $350 but there's still little incentive for me to get a ps3.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Sony is gonna have to drop the PS3 to 299.99 for me to seriously consider a purchase. Throwing in some token junk isn't gonna make any difference. A price drop has been LONG overdue.[/QUOTE]

I understand everyone's desire for a price drop, but token junk? Come on...

thats a good bundle. Wall E is one the best movies for blu ray. Visually and the movie is good. I dont have LBP but i woodnt mind trying it. Not the best deal but it's a good one.

Wait, Wall-E is actually the Blu-ray movie and not the game? Wow, that's actually much more awesome than I thought, nice bundle then. Amazing that they'd actually throw in a good game AND a good movie into the pack.

I'd ignore the 360 fanboys opinions, many have never played LBP. Its a good bundle considering LBP and Wall-E (movie on Blu-Ray) are 10/10 titles. Worth every penny.

Don't expect a price drop anytime soon, maybe 4th Quarter but i'm not holding my breath. Until they stop losing ~$40 a bundle there won't be a price drop.

Eh, out of all the PS3 bundles I've seen around, this isn't too bad. I'm not sure if it's enough for me to actually bite on buying one though.

[quote name='technole']I'd ignore the 360 fanboys opinions, many have never played LBP. Its a good bundle considering LBP and Wall-E (movie on Blu-Ray) are 10/10 titles. Worth every penny.

Don't expect a price drop anytime soon, maybe 4th Quarter but i'm not holding my breath. Until they stop losing ~$40 a bundle there won't be a price drop.[/QUOTE]

This

Can anyone confirm this? My ps3 just got the yellow light of death but i want to exchange it at bestbuy because i have a warrenty with them and they would not take my 40 gig because i did not have the spiderman 3 dvd so i have to go back should i wait or they have it in all bestbuys now?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']PS3 + God of War 3 + The Last Guardian = Instant buy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm holding off getting a PS3 until God of War comes out and I'm hoping that they'll put out a nice looking bundle with that, or at least have a price drop by then.

[quote name='technole']I'd ignore the 360 fanboys opinions, many have never played LBP. Its a good bundle considering LBP and Wall-E (movie on Blu-Ray) are 10/10 titles. Worth every penny.
[/QUOTE]

Since when would people from cheap ass gamer be willing to pay full price for games and blu rays?

You can get LBP for $29 and Wall-e for $10 used. So considering those prices (and you actually wanted them) Plus tax the Dell deal beats this by a mile.

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you still complaining about the price you can always buy a slim ps2 and paint a 3 on the side of it.[/QUOTE]

No no no, you gotta do it the true cheap ass gamer way. PS2's are still too expensive for our blood. First, Go to yard sales all weekend and find 3 original playstation ones (paying no more than 5 dollars a piece, doesnt matter if they are broken), then you go to your local hardware store and get some duct tape and black spray paint. Then stack all of them on top of each other and slap some of the tape around them and go outside and spray paint them all black. Wah Lah you have a super l33t modded ps3. You can even bust out some FF7 and tell your friends that you just downloaded it off the Playstation Network! Boom! (Madden Reference!) cheapness taken to the next level.

I just don't understand some of the posts, including the OP about buying a PS3 at full retail price. How can you guys consider yourselves CAGs?! How can you have missed all those 15%-20% Dell deals every couple of weeks for the last 8 months that I've been tracking? Just don't get it.

WALL-E and LBP are both awesome. Can understand if that's not for you, but that's a great bundle for a lot of people IMO. Still understand people's want of a drop though.

The only reason I want a PS3 is to play online with several of my good buddies who already have it, but I simply can't justify spending $300+ on another game system right now.

Any free pack-in games or movies are appreciated, but the overall asking price has got to come down (preferably below $300) before I'll become a paying customer.

People have been complaining about a price drop for the PS3 since the DAWN OF TIME. Price drops have happened, then people still complain. Promotions that decrease the overall price $100 or so happen, and people complain some more. Super deals like $150ish off MSRP for PS3's happen, and people still complain.

I predict, once the PS3 hits the $299/$399 mark.. the same people are going to complain about a price drop.

[quote name='loc0bob']No no no, you gotta do it the true cheap ass gamer way. PS2's are still too expensive for our blood. First, Go to yard sales all weekend and find 3 original playstation ones (paying no more than 5 dollars a piece, doesnt matter if they are broken), then you go to your local hardware store and get some duct tape and black spray paint. Then stack all of them on top of each other and slap some of the tape around them and go outside and spray paint them all black. Wah Lah you have a super l33t modded ps3. You can even bust out some FF7 and tell your friends that you just downloaded it off the Playstation Network! Boom! (Madden Reference!) cheapness taken to the next level.[/QUOTE]

lmao damn man ive got to get me one of those i hear it plays 3 games at once too lol. i could see waiting to get one next year when god of war comes out but all this complainging about price is whack since theres so many deals out there. im glad i got in on the mgs4 bundle though i do feel bad for everyone who bought a "limited edition" bundle.

[quote name='mis0']People have been complaining about a price drop for the PS3 since the DAWN OF TIME. Price drops have happened, then people still complain. Promotions that decrease the overall price $100 or so happen, and people complain some more. Super deals like $150ish off MSRP for PS3's happen, and people still complain.

I predict, once the PS3 hits the $299/$399 mark.. the same people are going to complain about a price drop.[/QUOTE]

yep. and the only way itd ever get that cheap is if they strip out alot of stuff. most news ones already dont have card reader slots and only have 2 usb ports and no bc.

[quote name='mis0']People have been complaining about a price drop for the PS3 since the DAWN OF TIME. Price drops have happened, then people still complain. Promotions that decrease the overall price $100 or so happen, and people complain some more. Super deals like $150ish off MSRP for PS3's happen, and people still complain.

I predict, once the PS3 hits the $299/$399 mark.. the same people are going to complain about a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The 60GB PS3 was $600! $600! At this point, I think a lot of people simply say they want another price drop, because it's the thing to do.

I went to Best Buy and they didn't have any, though I called another one and they had six. I went to the latter and managed to pick up the bundle for $399, so I can attest to it existing. It's currently sitting my living room and laughing at me because I haven't yet picked up an HDMI cable for it.

bread's done
Back