Best Buy PS3 Inventory Locator

this is unreliable...i doubt that many stores have it yet...
has anyone actually gone to the store and picked 1 up?
might be just a bb ploy to bring in customers into store...

just got back from the store near me that was listed with stock, and there was NONE got there right when they open. Although I couldnt get an associate to check out back for me so they are probably out back and they dont know, or it may be WRONG

Heh, 4 or 5 of the stores in my area show that they have it. Too bad I'm not interested in one for the moment.

I don't think it works. I just checked my local BB that claimed to have it instock myself. No dice. I also asked about it. nothing.

yeah its bull officialy to me anyway. i went to 2 best buy's in the southwest houston area and the stores that were listed ashaving them do not have them. i'm owned for wasting an hour. well time for work now.

No dice at the Orange, CT Bestbuy. I had the associate look up both PS3 SKU's in the system, and neither showed anything in stock. I asked if there were any defective PS3's which might be showing up as inventoried items, and he indicated that they haven't had a single return (probably because nobody has actually opened their systems yet). Sucks.

However, I was able to score a memory card adaptor at the local Target. I'm envisioning that these things are going to be in pretty short supply, so you guys might want to check 'em out.

This Thread Needs To Be Terminated ,this Thread Is Reporting False Information,if You Are Looking For Playstation 3's This Site Will Misleed You .all 4 Out Of 6 Stores In Metro Detroit Area Reporting To Have Them In Stock Do Not ,went And Waited Outside One Store Till They Opened ,roghly About 2 Hrs And They Told Me That They Never Had Them And That Bestbuy.com Does Not Report Accurat Information.do Not Waste Youre Time ,or Get Your Hopes Up!

2 Stores by me "have it in stock" but calls to those 2 stores resulted in the following:
"No we don't have any stock, we probably won't for awhile either."

Man it freaken snowed today, don't know if i want to go out in the snow...I think this can be legit, cuz i remember doing this for the xbox 360 but this was for Circuit City...

Im thinking the employees have them in hold for themselves but yet purchase the items me thinks...

Yea I remember the Circuit City checker last year. However I think the main difference here is last year CC let you search for the product and use the link on the product page. The BB this year doesn't have a real PS3 product page since the whole pre-order mess. So these links are all from people just posting them.

Also I've yet to see anyone say they found one in stock other then the OP

wow 2 stores in my area have them. I'm going to wait for Gamestop though.... I have $550 in store credit that's just itching to get me a near-free console :)

[quote name='aliberry5983']This Thread Needs To Be Terminated ,this Thread Is Reporting False Information,if You Are Looking For Playstation 3's This Site Will Misleed You .all 4 Out Of 6 Stores In Metro Detroit Area Reporting To Have Them In Stock Do Not ,went And Waited Outside One Store Till They Opened ,roghly About 2 Hrs And They Told Me That They Never Had Them And That Bestbuy.com Does Not Report Accurat Information.do Not Waste Youre Time ,or Get Your Hopes Up![/quote]What the hell is up with your typing?

This "tracker" doesn't appear to be all that accurate. I can't imagine that it would be...considering that the shipments are coming in by air, and selling out almost immediately. Unfortunately, it looks like there's simply no substitution for retail stalking.

I'm just hoping that the ebay scalpers aren't going to be so tenacious, now that their only making a "measly" $200-$300 profit.

Two local Best Buys showed up as having them in stock. I called the first one, they said no dice. I called the second one, and the guy seemed surprised..."You should only be able to find product information on the site"...to which I explained that I was looking at the inventory locator and it said they had some...he just kind of said "uh yeah, no we don't have any" and hung up.

So...either it's a no go or a conspiracy. I'll lean towards no go.

The tracker doesn't work the way people think. It says if an item has been in stock, is in stock, or will be in stock shortly. I ordered a 4gb memory card once for my PSP and the first store said it was in stock when I searched with the store locator but when I got there was told that they would be in the store the following day. The second best buy I went to told me that they had sold out (the card was on sale pretty cheap that week). It can be used but it could be that the PS3s were in stock yesterday or they are going to be in stock tomorrow...

Called every store that the site said had them, every single one denied haveing them, even ones that were not highlighted earlier are highlighted now, and claim they never had any in. Tampa area had 7 best buys

There have been some shipments of the ps3 today to the east coast (NY) at Target, they say you have to go to the store, they dont always tell you if they have it on the phone. This was from a Amazon forum, so take it for what it is worth

While the tracker could be inaccurate due to one or two units not being deleted from inventory correctly, I also know that they will get a couple consoles at a time and then hold them until they can do another "launch" type event. They did this with the 360, and it looks like they did it for the Wii. Once they get a good number in stock they will run an add or put up a sign in the store to say when they go on sale again. So basically wether it's inaccurate or not is virtually impossible to tell. If you use it on a game title or DVD it pribably works fine. I've used it twice today, and the first time only half of the stores in my area had one, then later they all did. So.... did the other stores just get one unit in stock? I don't know, maybe they are holding them for another line.

I imagine the tracker has some relation to reality, but the point is that it's not a good indicator of when you should visit a particular store, so there's not much point in relying on it.

just checked my local best buy (altamonte springs, fl). According to the link, they had units in stock, but upon checking at the store, I found out that there weren't. Put down a vote for "not working"

I used this tracker to eBay about 8 360s last Xmas, so I can only assume it's as accurate as before. However, when I went into the stores and they checked inventory it WOULD show up if they actually had any in stock, but they would have to get it from the warehouse area. Most workers didn't even know when they got them in.

why dont we just not buy ps3's...whats wrong with what we already have? can't anyone be satisfied with anything they already own? its like the world is never satisfied....

this tracked helps alot because of this tracker i was able to get my xbox 360 in the first 3 weeks

[quote name='Egg_Shen']i think its a false alarm. I went to tacoma best buy again. They said they havent had them since last week.[/quote]

Did you check out Olympia Best Buy also? Maybe i don't need to make the trip...

I wen to Besy Buy at 9:53 not knowing about the tracker

so the store opens at 10:00
I go in witha bunch of other people
5 minutes in & someone behind me asked a managaer if there are any PS3's
I go to where the managar is checking on the computer along with another shopper who also overheard the conversation.

checked & ZERO

I come home, check this thread & the tracker & surprise it states the Best Buy I been to 10 minutes ago has them in stock.

All of you "taggers" -- do you realize you can just go up to "thread tools" and subscribe to the thread without posting?

[quote name='icruise']All of you "taggers" -- do you realize you can just go up to "thread tools" and subscribe to the thread without posting?[/quote]

mind your own bissnes :whistle2:#

No luck here. 3 Different stores in my area show as having stock, but when I called on the phone, explained the web site said they might have them, and waited for someone to check... none were available.

Now if I had to guess, I'd say someone with a number didn't come get their system yet and they haven't sold it... or maybe they have a return in-store that is messing up their stock. Either way, no joy for me. :(

[quote name='rcaido']Did you check out Olympia Best Buy also? Maybe i don't need to make the trip...[/QUOTE]

sorry bro im at school in tacoma thats why i went to tacoma best buy. No way I go to olympia just call and ask I should have done that.

It appears that the "tracker" is really giving the availability of that 40inch Sony TV. Click on the link, hit cancel, then go back into "check store availability". Looks the same doesn't it?

BTW: I tried this with Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York zip codes. Got the same results each time.

bread's done
Back