Best Buy PS3 Slim $299 BM available NOW!!!

Estebon

Banned
Just came back from BB and saw a bunch of people walking out with the PS3 Slim Box. Apparently, they got the go ahead to sell them. Guy said they had 200 and now only had 25 left at the time. Anyway, I know this isn't a deal, but I didn't know how else to get peoples attention. This was in chicago btw.

This thread was useful to me, as I ended up finding out that somebody was able to trade in a recently-bought PS3 using their Black Tie plan. I always figured it was just a maintainance plan only.

Now I just need to see if I can get it to work for me! Bought my PS3 back in June, and would love to get a deal like MrSpug did.

[quote name='lordopus99']I agree that this is not a deal.
1) I doubt the Best Buy in OP received 200 units and sold down to 25.
2) Do note this week at Best Buy there is a Sony XBR TV deal giving away a free PS3. At this point, it is backordered on their website (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...e=product&id=pcmprd116300050000&ref=10&loc=01). Deal is sold out in my area.[/QUOTE]

It is obvious that is either a poorly executed & thoroughly unbelievable marketing ploy on the part of the salesperson or rampant fanboyism at work on the part of the OP.

[quote name='retromufc']it is obvious that is either a poorly executed & thoroughly unbelievable marketing ploy on the part of the salesperson or rampant fanboyism at work on the part of the op.[/quote]

+1 not a deal

[quote name='1NintendoFan']HOLY COW!!! I can't believe they sold 175 in one day, and people think there is an economy problem :roll: That is amazing though, tons more people to play on PSN with, but more people competing for cheap games :cry: Just kidding (well... kinda) , that is great that they are selling like that, the PS3 is a great system, even though I don't use mine as much as the others, I think it is great. It is pretty hard to find a Blu-Ray player for $150 (at least one as good as the PS3s) and a gaming system for $150, so it is a win-win situation for anyone looking for those two things.... As far as it not being a deal, it is, in a way. Even though it isn't a markdown on the systems price itself, it is a price cut on the PS3 system in general and a good deal overall, so just ignore all the people saying it isn't a deal ;)

And on a side note, about the economy. I have to say, I just don't see it. Over the weekend I went shopping for games and a car. Every store I went to had people buying tons of things, and not cheap things, expensive things and lots of it. The people at the mall had so much stuff they were buying suticases from the middle vendors just to be able to carry it all. Any time I go to a Best Buy here I see at least 3-4 people buying computers, there are always people buying TV's, etc. When I was at the car dealerships every single one had at least one person buying a car and I went to at least 7 and all the dealers are talking about how many cars they sold because of the whole cash for clunkers thing. I know the economy is bad and all, but all I can say, at least here in Orlando, people are in no way slowing their spending. It was harder to get through the mall Sunday than it is to get through the theme parks and everybody is BUYING so much stuff. It's great to see though, and I'm glad the video game industry is getting some more dough too!

Thanks for sharing the info. I was at Best Buy today and didn't see it out. I'm curious to see what it looks like so I will probably head to Best Buy sometime to check it out![/QUOTE]

Wow, your experience at the mall is a great indicator of how the economy is doing in general. :roll:

[quote name='shingletingle']Wow, your experience at the mall is a great indicator of how the economy is doing in general. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Necessary? He was sharing his opinion. No need to be a dick. Take that negativity to FatWallet.

[quote name='omyard']It's better to ignore these non-deal topics then make multiple pages about this not being a deal. This forum has posting rules and they should be followed. The hardware is MSRP and available as soon as retailers get them. That isn't a deal. Even if they were street dated finding them early at MSRP doesn't make them a deal.

These PS3 Slim posts are no different then someone posting they found Batman: Arkham Aslyum today for MSRP. There are already applicable off-topic threads posted. Those threads wouldn't be tolerated so why should these?[/QUOTE]

Totally typed out what I was thinking here. I'm surprised there's not a single peep from a mod about this. Ironically in me commenting it's just bumping this thread.

[quote name='refusedchaos']rly? I kept on hearing that it WASN'T going to be shipped with 3.0 firmwire[/QUOTE]

Same here, I read it would be a release day firmware upgrade. When you figure they have been building these units for months, there's no way they could stockpile a few hundred thousand machines to flash at the last second, without paying a fortune to get them to stores on time (compared to just using normal distribution). Of course, release day came a bit early and Sony probably wasn't quite ready to go live with it.

[quote name='oasisboy']What's next "PS3 slim in stock at Wal-Mart" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at Target" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at Gamestop" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at K-Mart", then "PS3 slim in stock at Sears" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at Fry's" thread...

If its not a deal, then why the fuck is this in the deals section. Dipshit. :lol:[/QUOTE]

In stock at Fry's! ;)

[quote name='omyard']It's better to ignore these non-deal topics then make multiple pages about this not being a deal. This forum has posting rules and they should be followed. The hardware is MSRP and available as soon as retailers get them. That isn't a deal. Even if they were street dated finding them early at MSRP doesn't make them a deal.

These PS3 Slim posts are no different then someone posting they found Batman: Arkham Aslyum today for MSRP. There are already applicable off-topic threads posted. Those threads wouldn't be tolerated so why should these?[/QUOTE]

A mod was in the Amazon PS3 slim thread (also list price) and didn't move it, so for whatever reason they've decided not to enforce the rules. If this is a one-off, little harm done. If it becomes a trend, it will significantly dilute the value of the Deals forum.

At least this thread isn't as bad as the Amazon thread, where people are discussing the exact time and logistics of their delivery as if online ordering and package shipping had just now been invented to support the rollout of the PS3 slim...

[quote name='gantt']A mod was in the Amazon PS3 slim thread (also list price) and didn't move it, so for whatever reason they've decided not to enforce the rules. If this is a one-off, little harm done. If it becomes a trend, it will significantly dilute the value of the Deals forum.

At least this thread isn't as bad as the Amazon thread, where people are discussing the exact time and logistics of their delivery as if online ordering and package shipping had just now been invented to support the rollout of the PS3 slim...[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm a little lost. Could you point out the rule that MSRP threads aren't allowed. Do you remember the days that the Wii availability threads were everywhere? They drew just as much attention and the response was less than negative. Because at the time it was a "deal" to actually find one locally or online. Nobody's acting like this in the 360 price drop thread and that's now considered MSRP. You people amaze me sometimes. Certain threads you act like SD & FW'er and others are just "ok".

Make up your minds.

^ I didn't say MSRP threads aren't allowed. The forum clearly states it is for specific deals, though, and I don't consider the availability of a new product at a specific retailer at MSRP a deal.

I found the Wii availability threads borderline but tolerable because the Wii was rarely available for nearly two years after launch, so one could justify that finding stock - even at MSRP - was a deal of sorts. It was pretty much impossible to find a real deal on a Wii.

The PS3 slim, like any new product, is not available - until it is. The channel doesn't get filled overnight, regardless of demand. If PS3 slims are as rare as the Wii was in, say, a month - then the comparison will be relevant. Meanwhile, one has to scan past these threads to find real deals on a PS3 slim, like the TRU free remote.

Anyway, enough. This thread is where it is.

[quote name='retromufc']It is obvious that is either a poorly executed & thoroughly unbelievable marketing ploy on the part of the salesperson or rampant fanboyism at work on the part of the OP.[/QUOTE]

Or it could be that I go to one of the largest BB in the 3rd largest city in the damn country. I reported what was told to me.

The funny thing is that I don't even own a PS3.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I guess I'm a little lost. Could you point out the rule that MSRP threads aren't allowed. Do you remember the days that the Wii availability threads were everywhere? They drew just as much attention and the response was less than negative. Because at the time it was a "deal" to actually find one locally or online. Nobody's acting like this in the 360 price drop thread and that's now considered MSRP. You people amaze me sometimes. Certain threads you act like SD & FW'er and others are just "ok".

Make up your minds.[/QUOTE]

What gets to me is why these idiots can't ignore these topics and let them die instead of bumping them with "this is not a deal" post.

We recieved our shipment of 18 PS3 Slims at Walmart in Oklahoma today but Sony has a sticker that says Street Date 9/1 do not sell severe penalties. My manager contacted Sony and reported that its selling and all they said were whoever sold them, the next shipment would be less than what they have been promised. We will sell them at 1201 am on tuesday.

[quote name='evilsuperman33']We recieved our shipment of 18 PS3 Slims at Walmart in Oklahoma today but Sony has a sticker that says Street Date 9/1 do not sell severe penalties. My manager contacted Sony and reported that its selling and all they said were whoever sold them, the next shipment would be less than what they have been promised. We will sell them at 1201 am on tuesday.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make any sense....

Sony said themselves at Gamescom that some places could get them earlier, but EVERYWHERE (all regions) would have them by 9/1.

I think the Sony rep your manager talked to is morons.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']What gets to me is why these idiots can't ignore these topics and let them die instead of bumping them with "this is not a deal" post.[/QUOTE]

I agree and that's what I was coming back to post. If you guys really think this isn't a deal then we should report the threads to a mod. Not just this one but the Gamestop PS3 Slim thread, The Amazon Slim Pre-Order thread, and the multiple 360 Price drop threads. They're all readily available and they aren't going to be rare so how is one a no-no and not the others?

[quote name='evilsuperman33']but Sony has a sticker that says Street Date 9/1 do not sell severe penalties.[/QUOTE]

Can you get a photo of said sticker? I'm not calling you a liar but if Amazon & BB are already selling/shipping them, then the worlds largest Street Date breaker should be too.

whos is the worlds largest Street Date breaker? I'll make a picture of it tomorrow when i go into work. the back of the box has Mag, Tekken 6, Uncharted 2 and a few other games.

I've seen a lot of games that have street date do not sell, and it lists a 1800 number to call if people are selling a game early, it was on the final fantasy dissidia box.

The slim does NOT come with firmware 3.0. That's coming out when the system "officially" releases on September 1st

[quote name='evilsuperman33']whos is the worlds largest Street Date breaker? I'll make a picture of it tomorrow when i go into work. the back of the box has Mag, Tekken 6, Uncharted 2 and a few other games.[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart is notorious for breaking street date. I know what the box looks like. The slim is sitting in my living room right now. I was interested in seeing the "Do Not Sell" sticker. :)

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I agree and that's what I was coming back to post. If you guys really think this isn't a deal then we should report the threads to a mod. Not just this one but the Gamestop PS3 Slim thread, The Amazon Slim Pre-Order thread, and the multiple 360 Price drop threads. They're all readily available and they aren't going to be rare so how is one a no-no and not the others?[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem discussing price drops because even thought they aren't deals, it's the lowering of a MSRP. So it's saving people money.

The other threads you mentioned should be closed too. The mods are a little loose with them, but I think they realize that if they close them people are still going to come here and be too lazy to look or search and post it any ways. It'll just be more hassle dealing with closing the same threads and listening to people complain.

Me? I just ignore the threads for the most part. I do like to come in and see people complain though. It's semi-amusing. I come here for the deals that look interesting to me and ignore the rest.

So let me tell you my story. I bought a Wii at launch, for $250. I made the Wii 'Special' Sold it for a $330 GC to Best Buy from a fellow CAG member. Bought a PS3 from a friend in Ohio for that GC and a Sealed PGR4. The PS3 came with a 2-Year Warranty. Got my freind to transfer warranty today.

Now to cut into the story. I went to the mall before Best Buy. Went into Lids and took a hat off the shelf to buy and get it custom sticted cause I'm a senior in High School now and I wanted to celebrate it. I got it to say "SEN10RS". Clever eh? She charged me $10 for the stich and told me to wait 15 minutes. I come back 15 minutes later gave me the hat and walked out. So I pretty much got a free hat.

Back to Best Buy now, I walked in there with a 40 GB PS3 that was bought 1 year and 8 months ago.

I walk out with a 2 year extension on warranty, Madden 10, and a PS3 Slim that has 80 GB more.

What a great day huh?

Oh yeah, EPIC WIN, I got a $2.52 gift card extra from Best Buy.

[quote name='steaksandwich']Get off the OP's case guys. Everyone knows sticker price is the Hank Hill deal.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Went to Best Buy tonight and they had 7 PS3 Slims in stock. Five were sitting on a covered card table right as you walked in, with Batman AA and another game, plus controllers, removes, etc. as well as Geek Squad brochures. Then 2 more were in the back with the games, where the old PS3s were. They only had a PS3 Phat version in the Uncharted bundle and it was $399.99.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']

1. Oasisboy - Ever wonder why you'll never be a mod? I sure don't.
2. You do this to every thread that has no meaning of being in here.
3. U trying to be villain of the year?
4. He was merely informing those who didn't want to wait for shipping. [/QUOTE]

1. I dont want to be a mod. I work full time and I am working on my MBA at the same time. No time for modding work.

2. Yes, because I hate fanboyism postings on the deals section and I have common sense.

3. No, I am trying to be the "Common Sense Man of the Year" :lol:

4. So, you are telling me that these people rather pay Taxes (like $25 for most people) because they cannot wait for a slim PS3? I thought we were CHEAP ASS GAMERS and not I WILL PAY TAXES BECAUSE I CANNOT WAIT GAMERS.

$25 will buy you Metal Gear Solid 4, you know...

bread's done
Back