Best Buy: PS4 MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition $69.99/$56 GCU

wynams

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[quote name="Absofruitly" post="12476696" timestamp="1423245138"]Granted it's still available, I'd wait to buy it until 2/15, since GCU will be on sale for 30 dollars, if you don't already have it...[/quote]

damnit. I thought it was still on sale for $30. Thanks for the info.

Unless you ONLY play online I don't see how last year's could be viewed as a disappointment. It was far and away the best first installment for a sports game on the PS4. Have you seen the fact sheet for this year? It's insane. I'm just a huge baseball nut so maybe I'm biased, but I always look for things to not like and come up empty. But as an offline-only franchise and RTTS player maybe that's why.
Did we play the same game? Last year's PS4 version had Awful loading times, froze on multiple occasions and just did not run well. I love all the stats stuff too and I hope 15 is a return to form but as someone who desperately wanted to love 14 on PS4 (was 360 most of last gen so I hadnt had a real baseball game in a while) it was a huge letdown.

Unless you ONLY play online I don't see how last year's could be viewed as a disappointment. It was far and away the best first installment for a sports game on the PS4. Have you seen the fact sheet for this year? It's insane. I'm just a huge baseball nut so maybe I'm biased, but I always look for things to not like and come up empty. But as an offline-only franchise and RTTS player maybe that's why.
The reveal yesterday was nice. The casual jogging (as opposed to all out sprinting) as the situation warrants ... they redid taking throws, applying tags at all bases ... the gap between fast players and slow players has been exaggerated ... challenges are in ... they broke analog hitting into its own option now so you can do any batting style plus or minus analog swinging.

Looking forward to the presentation teams turn on twitch.

Did we play the same game? Last year's PS4 version had Awful loading times, froze on multiple occasions and just did not run well. I love all the stats stuff too and I hope 15 is a return to form but as someone who desperately wanted to love 14 on PS4 (was 360 most of last gen so I hadnt had a real baseball game in a while) it was a huge letdown.
Loading times have always been long with this game. I never had it freeze once on me in the many hours I put into it. And it ran really good for me also. Did you buy it digital or physical?

Since your stuff transfers over to 15 would it be worth it to pick up 14 now since it's on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy and would only be $15.99 with GCU? Or should I just wait and stick to playing the games in my backlog?

Did you get digital or physical ? The show 14 was one of my first ps4 games . It has yet to freeze up on me, it did has some loading times. I am not sure if it is normal since it is one of the few ps4 games I got and new to it.
I am really looking forward to 15 especially the anniversary edition.

Since your stuff transfers over to 15 would it be worth it to pick up 14 now since it's on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy and would only be $15.99 with GCU? Or should I just wait and stick to playing the games in my backlog?
Just wait. Catch up on your backlog then jump in with 15. Happy it comes out before opening day too unlike last year.

Just wait. Catch up on your backlog then jump in with 15. Happy it comes out before opening day too unlike last year.
That's true. It's not that long of a wait plus I'd have a game that I wouldn't even be playing any more with little trade-in value. I'll wait. Thanks.

Yeah I've never had a freeze either, and as others have stated the load times have always been atrocious but I guess I was conditioned to it having played it every year.  I could see how experiencing it for the first time could be a drag.

Mine PS4 MLB 14 digital copy has frozen twice ... I have at least 400 hours played though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine PS4 MLB 14 digital copy has frozen twice ... I have at least 400 hours played though.
I did hear stuff that the digital had some issues that physical didn't. Not sure why. That's why I was wondering if that other guy had a digital copy.

Should I be concerned with this potentially being unavailable on 2/15 when gcu is on sale or should I preorder now? Maybe see if I can get them to adjust the price after?

Should I be concerned with this potentially being unavailable on 2/15 when gcu is on sale or should I preorder now? Maybe see if I can get them to adjust the price after?
pre order with $5 down in store and then when you get GCU it will auto adjust to GCU price when you pick the game up on release day and then just pay the rest of it off when you pick it up

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="12481749" timestamp="1423443297"]pre order with $5 down in store and then when you get GCU it will auto adjust to GCU price when you pick the game up on release day and then just pay the rest of it off when you pick it up[/quote]

Can you preorder the anniversary edition in store?

bread's done
Back