best buy psvita 3G deal, get a $50 GC for activating data plan-UPDATE-READ OP FIRST**

dEvAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
i went to bestbuy yesterday to try out the vita and the dudes at the gaming section told me that if you buy the vita 3G on top of all the thing that sony has packed with the recent promotion best buy will give you a 50 dollar gift card if you activate the data plan with them at best buy mobile, not sure if this has been posted before but just a heads up

update:
sorry guys, i created the topic and i went out to do something, the guy at the best buy told me that they are letting costumers know about this when they purchase the vita, i think (i was not told this) that best buy believes the 3g version is gonna flop so they are trying to get rid of their stock, that would explain the absence of this deal on the weekly add, i also ask if a 2 year agreement will be required and he told me that the vita does not require an agreement, i hope this clear some doubts to some people, im gonna keep my eyes open and if i see an add with the info in it or something ill post it here

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i went to bestbuy yesterday to try out the vita and the dudes at the gaming section told me that if you buy the vita 3G on top of all the thing that sony has packed with the recent promotion best buy will give you a 50 dollar gift card if you activate the data plan with them at best buy mobile, not sure if this has been posted before but just a heads up[/QUOTE]

it'd be excellent if they would do this whether or not you bought it there. combine this with the free month after you buy and free game after one paid month and it looks pretty appealing.

Wow, can anyone confirm this? I've been on the fence for weeks on the vita, but that might swing it for me.

That would make me buy it day 1. I wonder if the activation of the free 250 MB would count or if you'd have to pay at least $15 to buy an actual data plan.

Don't let dumb little "deals" like this fool you into buying one. If it didn't take off in Japan it's for a reason, this shouldn't be a day 1 for hardly anybody unless you have the money to blow. Their pricing with the data plans, the game prices, the memory card prices...it's all something none of us (especially us true cheap-asses) should be supporting.

Sorry it's a rant I know but had to say it. If you got the money to blow or you really want a portable PS3 than cool whatever I'm not ragging on you. But for average gamers out there this should be a wait and see type thing.

Plus the fact that the PS4 is up in the air and Sony posted a HUGE loss last year should be another warning sign. More than likely if you really want one they are going to drop in price FAST.

EDIT: I'll edit this too... What I'm trying to say is unless you're already planning on getting one no matter what, don't let crappy deals like this convince you. Seems good but you're still paying for something you shouldn't be paying for at all in the first place just to get money off a game because they're trying to push it out the door since it bombed so bad in Japan. I already feel like if it does well here in the first few weeks it'll be solely because the deals, not because people really wanted it.

[quote name='JKSonic']Don't let dumb little "deals" like this fool you into buying one. If it didn't take off in Japan it's for a reason, this shouldn't be a day 1 for hardly anybody unless you have the money to blow. Their pricing with the data plans, the game prices, the memory card prices...it's all something none of us (especially us true cheap-asses) should be supporting.

Sorry it's a rant I know but had to say it. If you got the money to blow or you really want a portable PS3 than cool whatever I'm not ragging on you. But for average gamers out there this should be a wait and see type thing.

Plus the fact that the PS4 is up in the air and Sony posted a HUGE loss last year should be another warning sign. More than likely if you really want one they are going to drop in price FAST.[/QUOTE]
The 3G launch bundle is actually a pretty good deal. The 3G Vita, a month of 3G, an 8 gig memory card, and a $10 game. Throw in a $50 gift card and it's a great deal.

The reason it didn't take off in Japan is because they decided to make their launch lineup catered towards western gamers for some reason. Also didn't help that Nintendo had just released MK7, SM3DL, and Monster Hunter in the couple weeks before launch.

true that. there's nothing i really want at launch. I'm honestly waiting for mortal Lombard vita

edit: hays i typed Lombard on the fire and it gave me Lombard instead

edit 2: i give up....

Yeah yeah but it's still Sony, they usually support Sony no matter what and they didn't. And with all these pre-launch deals you know that American retailers are scared ****less about the launch now. There's never deals like this when a system is launching...

But my post came out wrong so I need to go back and edit it too. What I was trying to say as my main point was don't let deals like this convince you to buy one unless you already were...

this doesn't sound right, I signed up for this yesterday and 2 year commitment was mentioned a lot.. save it for iphone 5 and check out radio shack $300 FEB. That seems like the best deal right now

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah yeah but it's still Sony, they usually support Sony no matter what and they didn't. And with all these pre-launch deals you know that American retailers are scared ****less about the launch now. There's never deals like this when a system is launching...

But my post came out wrong so I need to go back and edit it too. What I was trying to say as my main point was don't let deals like this convince you to buy one unless you already were...[/QUOTE]
I don't buy that. If the Vita was launching here with a bunch of JRPGs and Monster Hunter, I definitely wouldn't be buying it and I doubt a lot of other people would either.

That second point is valid though. If someone wasn't really interested in the Vita, but saw this great deal and decided to get it, I'd say that wasn't a good decision. It's not THAT good where you have to pick it up.

[quote name='bnl11311']this doesn't sound right, I signed up for this yesterday and 2 year commitment was mentioned a lot.. save it for iphone 5 and check out radio shack $300 FEB. That seems like the best deal right now[/QUOTE]
There are no 2 year commitments with Vita. It's month to month.

[quote name='JKSonic']Don't let dumb little "deals" like this fool you into buying one. If it didn't take off in Japan it's for a reason, this shouldn't be a day 1 for hardly anybody unless you have the money to blow. Their pricing with the data plans, the game prices, the memory card prices...it's all something none of us (especially us true cheap-asses) should be supporting.

Plus the fact that the PS4 is up in the air and Sony posted a HUGE loss last year should be another warning sign. More than likely if you really want one they are going to drop in price FAST.[/QUOTE]

So people should stop buying the 360 because it never really took off in Japan? Get real, there are many factors why it hasn't kick off in Japan.

1) 3DS is cheaper + the fact it's starting to get heavy hitter titles such as MH. In the US, there certainly aren't a whole lot of big 3DS titles to pick from right now.
2) PSVita games are catering towards Western gamers which guess what, most of us here are Western gamers.
3) Data plan won't change, that's up to AT&T. The game prices are reasonable. I mean, I can wait on Uncharted to fall to a better price but $30 for HSG, WipeOut, My Touch Katamari, and so on. One title at $50 isn't going to suddenly make me think "Oh man, $50, must be the norm."
4) If you owned a PSP, the memory card prices are nothing new. If anything by BF, they will probably drop my half.
5) Just because parts of Sony are losing doesn't mean that their PlayStation brand is doing just as bad. That's like saying, Window OS sales are down, 360 must be on the decline. Makes no sense.
6) The launch bundle isn't a bad deal. Just because you disagree, it's still a good value. Throw in a $50 GC, I say that's a grand deal for a day 1 purchase. I mean really? What are you expecting? Free PSVita?

Anyway, I would love to get more info on this. If it's not some BS contract stuff and is simply activating at BB Mobile. Then I'm canceling my Newegg order for this.

Plus the fact that the PS4 is up in the air and Sony posted a HUGE loss last year should be another warning sign. More than likely if you really want one they are going to drop in price FAST.

EDIT: I'll edit this too... What I'm trying to say is unless you're already planning on getting one no matter what, don't let crappy deals like this convince you. Seems good but you're still paying for something you shouldn't be paying for at all in the first place just to get money off a game because they're trying to push it out the door since it bombed so bad in Japan. I already feel like if it does well here in the first few weeks it'll be solely because the deals, not because people really wanted it.[/QUOTE]This post brought to you by someone who pays Microsoft for a peer-to-peer connection according to this signature.

[quote name='JKSonic']And with all these pre-launch deals you know that American retailers are scared ****less about the launch now. There's never deals like this when a system is launching...[/QUOTE]So all the 3DS deals we took advantage of were figments of our imaginations?

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah yeah but it's still Sony, they usually support Sony no matter what and they didn't. And with all these pre-launch deals you know that American retailers are scared ****less about the launch now. There's never deals like this when a system is launching...

But my post came out wrong so I need to go back and edit it too. What I was trying to say as my main point was don't let deals like this convince you to buy one unless you already were...[/QUOTE]

Well maybe they were on the fence about it since they wanted it but was too much for them without a deal. I really doubt it will drop as fast and big as the 3ds did. I always hear people say that Amazon had a deal for the 3Ds but I don't know what it was.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']There are no 2 year commitments with Vita. It's month to month.[/QUOTE]

The deal mentions specifically when you put in your e-mail address a 2 year commitment is required. So this deal won't work that is what I was saying. Comprehension is not the internet's strong point.:cool:

[quote name='SEAL62505']No contract, right?[/QUOTE]there's no contracts for the PSVita at all b/c AT&T/Sony didn't decided to also allow a subsidized 2 yr deal. It's just a month to month data plan so start/stop as you like. $15(250 MB) or $30(3GB)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309615

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Wait so we don't have to get a 2 year contract or something right? If so ps vita has just become day 1 for me[/QUOTE]yes, there's no contract just a month to month data plan^^^

Plus the fact that the PS4 is up in the air and Sony posted a HUGE loss last year should be another warning sign. More than likely if you really want one they are going to drop in price FAST.[/QUOTE]The only reason the Japan launch was a "success" is b/c the game released are geared towards(US gamers). Uncharted is a smash successful franchise for Sony but Monster Hunter is even better in Japan. Once you see games MGS, GOW & those Japanese only RPG's games hit Vita then sales will skyrocket over there too. All the tablet/phone gamers have made mainstream believe this is the "true future of gaming" but I prefer the franchises that already exist & they won't be able to provide me with the same value in say a $1 Uncharted IOS game vs a full retail console game. The price point for the Vita is fine considering what you get but the memory cards are a rip, however that's where being a CAG will payoff vs a walmart/target shopper that's not savvy.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']The 3G launch bundle is actually a pretty good deal. The 3G Vita, a month of 3G, an 8 gig memory card, and a $10 game. Throw in a $50 gift card and it's a great deal.

The reason it didn't take off in Japan is because they decided to make their launch lineup catered towards western gamers for some reason. Also didn't help that Nintendo had just released MK7, SM3DL, and Monster Hunter in the couple weeks before launch.[/QUOTE]Bingo, if Sony had Monster Hunter, FF & Resident Evil launch games it would be a completely different story but by X-mas 2012 the Vita will be firmly placed.

[quote name='bnl11311']The deal mentions specifically when you put in your e-mail address a 2 year commitment is required. So this deal won't work that is what I was saying. Comprehension is not the internet's strong point.:cool:[/QUOTE]
That deal on their website right now is pretty clearly for phones. Who knows if they'll also have a deal for Vita. It's not like it's out yet and we need the deal right now.

[quote name='bnl11311']this doesn't sound right, I signed up for this yesterday and 2 year commitment was mentioned a lot.. save it for iphone 5 and check out radio shack $300 FEB. That seems like the best deal right now[/QUOTE]are you referring to the $50 Giftcard for Phone Freedom that plastered on the cover of the ads or the save $100 off any tablet, laptop or select gaming consoles?
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...umber=1&prvid=020512BA&promotioncode=020512BA

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...306&rapid=1463158&pagenumber=5&prvid=020512BA

[quote name='Enuf']are you referring to the $50 Giftcard for Phone Freedom that plastered on the cover of the ads or the save $100 off any tablet, laptop or select gaming consoles?
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...umber=1&prvid=020512BA&promotioncode=020512BA

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...306&rapid=1463158&pagenumber=5&prvid=020512BA[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the posted deal. The posted deal is for phones only. That $100 I had no idea about however this does not appear to work for vita either. None of the consoles new even with 100 off were that much better than black friday deals.

[quote name='bnl11311']I'm talking about the posted deal. The posted deal is for phones only. That $100 I had no idea about. This might work on a vita or might not work on preorders but i'm going to try this now. Thanks :applause:[/QUOTE]it just might work on the Vita since the "select gaming consoles" is very vague & reading the fine print in the ad "offer valid on any gaming console price $100 or greater." This won't work on pre-orders though since "products must be purchased on the same receipt" but once the Vita launches then your set.

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...id=1463158&pagenumber=5&listingid=-2080883691

edit:looking at this option closely you would end up with a portable wifi hotspot(Verison/AT&T/Sprint) $50, $150 wifi vita & the 2 yr contract with the hotspot which would effectively be a good deal for people that don't already have home wifi.

Gotta make a post on the BB forums page to get confirmation though...done
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...0-Wifi-3G-250-Launch-bundle/m-p/454519#M16494

EDIT: I'll edit this too... What I'm trying to say is unless you're already planning on getting one no matter what, don't let crappy deals like this convince you. Seems good but you're still paying for something you shouldn't be paying for at all in the first place just to get money off a game because they're trying to push it out the door since it bombed so bad in Japan. I already feel like if it does well here in the first few weeks it'll be solely because the deals, not because people really wanted it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Americans need to be better consumers. This whole bundle thing just makes overpriced cards not as overpriced. It's a facade that fakes dumb consumers. It's not a deal. You're essentially still overpaying for a glorified sd card, and getting sucked into "free" data in which you still have to go through some painful process to cancel.

but people will buy anyway, showing support for this nonsense. Wait a couple months and send a message. Vote with your wallets if you want price gouging to cease.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Agreed. Americans need to be better consumers. This whole bundle thing just makes overpriced cards not as overpriced. It's a facade that fakes dumb consumers. It's not a deal. You're essentially still overpaying for a glorified sd card, and getting sucked into "free" data in which you still have to go through some painful process to cancel.

but people will buy anyway, showing support for this nonsense. Wait a couple months and send a message. Vote with your wallets if you want price gouging to cease.[/QUOTE]

Good to see at least one person agrees haha... If you buy these bundles with the "deals" you're still supporting it all. Sony gave a big FU to the Japanese gamers with the launch lineup and big FU to Americans with the pricing plan for data (why would anybody buy that to begin with, just use WiFi, when would data but THAT important away from WiFi?) and gave all gamers an FU with the memory card prices.

And yes, the 3DS had deals but not like this.

The Japanese Vita launch is being made into too small of a thing by a lot of people. Even if it's as people say and it was "JUST" because of the Westernized launch lineup that still shows Sony doesn't give a **** about their most important demographic. At least Nintendo made up for it by dropping the price and getting a bunch of a decent games out around the same time...we'll see what Sony does to counter their botched launch.

[quote name='JKSonic']
we'll see what Sony does to counter their botched launch.[/QUOTE]
Seriously guy? IIRC, this is CAG, not Neogaf. Keep your fanboyism/hate out of the threads please.

EDIT: I'll edit this too... What I'm trying to say is unless you're already planning on getting one no matter what, don't let crappy deals like this convince you. Seems good but you're still paying for something you shouldn't be paying for at all in the first place just to get money off a game because they're trying to push it out the door since it bombed so bad in Japan. I already feel like if it does well here in the first few weeks it'll be solely because the deals, not because people really wanted it.[/QUOTE]
people is free to make their own purchase decisions even it they're dumb to you, you RANT is way out of context in the sense that you're basically calling stupid ( in a very subtle way i might add) to those who want to purchase the vita, is their money, not yours, also i didn't know that to be a CAG a certain stereotype was necessary

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wow, I've never seen so much animosity for a console before its launch.[/QUOTE]

I really can't figure out why people insist on coming in to every single vita thread and pissing all over it. Just let it go, folks. No one cares.

(protip: for future vita trolling, consider combining it with the current Capcom meme and just say that you'll "wait for the 'super ultimate hyper fighting vita' release before buying")

[quote name='JKSonic']Good to see at least one person agrees haha... If you buy these bundles with the "deals" you're still supporting it all. Sony gave a big FU to the Japanese gamers with the launch lineup and big FU to Americans with the pricing plan for data (why would anybody buy that to begin with, just use WiFi, when would data but THAT important away from WiFi?) and gave all gamers an FU with the memory card prices.

The Japanese Vita launch is being made into too small of a thing by a lot of people. Even if it's as people say and it was "JUST" because of the Westernized launch lineup that still shows Sony doesn't give a **** about their most important demographic. At least Nintendo made up for it by dropping the price and getting a bunch of a decent games out around the same time...we'll see what Sony does to counter their botched launch.[/QUOTE]

You sound a like a big Nintendo Fanboy who is trolling this whole Vita thread.

Is it bad that I'm hoping that the Vita is a success and all these people hoping it fails so they can get it cheaper end up having to pay the same price but six months later?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is it bad that I'm hoping that the Vita is a success and all these people hoping it fails so they can get it cheaper end up having to pay the same price but six months later?[/QUOTE]

Nope I'm hoping the same thing. Also that would be great because we would see a lot more games coming out for it. I don't see how people don't see the potential with this.

[quote name='JG5253']Nope I'm hoping the same thing. Also that would be great because we would see a lot more games coming out for it. I don't see how people don't see the potential with this.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you guys... honestly I was sold after I saw the second analog. Combine that with a PS+ account and I think there is a lot of value in the vita. I am actually upgrading to an iphone 4s and using gazelle to sell my iphone 4. I will be getting $200 about for the phone back so I basically pay out $200 and my old iphone 4 for an iphone 4s and a new vita.

My biggest issues are do I use credit or pay for it at radio shack... FEB or wifi on the 22nd?

Ahhh but what you fail to notice is one the price difference in Japan is substantial. 2 you shouldn't judge a product on how it does in one country. 3 the games aren't ones that appeal Japanese gamers. And 4 WHAT YOU FAIL TO LOOK UP is that SONY video game division is actually very profitable compared to anything else sony is making. Therefore, you shouldn't be worried about it because if sony regresses they'll cut something like there camera line but not the video game support considering its making them money.

Look up your facts before you troll. Be confident in the vita, the games are great and so are the graphics. Only better games will come as the months pass by.

Pretty sure there were some deals like this when the 3DS launched. Then there were a lot of them in the months leading up to August.

Also, you said that retailers are concerned about how well the Vita will do, so they are making a lot of deals for it. This isn't completely true of the Vita. The wi-fi version hasn't had any deals listed on it yet- only the 3G version has. It's due to concerns that people would rather buy the cheaper system that doesn't run on AT&T.

Seriously, none of your arguments have any legs to stand on.

It isn't unusual for AT&T to offer some discount if you use their service. There are likely many people who will buy the 3G model and never use it, so they want to offer extra incentive. I won't be shock if AT&T is behind this promo

Holy Sh*t i just looked at my best buy gift card credit from the cancel orders email and saw that they expire Febryary 18th. So I guess I have a good excuse to get a vita now lol. Everyone make sure you spend your credit before the 18th.

Haven't read through this entire thread, but...

Basically, you can get $35 extra, it seems, in a Best Buy gift card($50gc minus $15 minimum plan). Interesting...

[quote name='JKSonic']Good to see at least one person agrees haha... If you buy these bundles with the "deals" you're still supporting it all. Sony gave a big FU to the Japanese gamers with the launch lineup and big FU to Americans with the pricing plan for data (why would anybody buy that to begin with, just use WiFi, when would data but THAT important away from WiFi?) and gave all gamers an FU with the memory card prices.

The Japanese Vita launch is being made into too small of a thing by a lot of people. Even if it's as people say and it was "JUST" because of the Westernized launch lineup that still shows Sony doesn't give a **** about their most important demographic. At least Nintendo made up for it by dropping the price and getting a bunch of a decent games out around the same time...we'll see what Sony does to counter their botched launch.[/QUOTE]

Make that two people who agree with you. The Vita is shaping up to be the Go 2. I've got the money to buy five Vita bundles if I want and i'm holding off. Why?

I'm now spoiled on Android and getting free games from Amazon everyday and if I pay it's usually under $4. Hell within 10 months my Kindle Fire paid for itself. :applause:

I'm not hating the Vita as it definitely is a nice piece of hardware. But damn $30-40 games are bad enough but forced proprietary cards kills the device. I understand Sony trying to take 2 steps ahead of the hackers but damn why not throw 8 GB of internal ram just so you can play the games. Then if you need more space then i'm OK with buying a memory card.

And then this was posted on a gaming website.

"Hirai: Sony could be facing "serious trouble" http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-03-hirai-sony-could-be-facing-serious-trouble

bread's done
Back