Best Buy - Psyclone Source Selector $104.99 online, $31.99 instore! YMMV

syndicate701

CAGiversary!
BB has clearanced out the Psyclone Video Selector model PSC01 for $31.99 B&M only. Online it's over $100. Great little unit if you have many component devices (Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, and DVD Player for me!) to attach to your LCD/Plasma. HDMI version is also available, but it's $199.

There are two version, Silver and Black. The website shows Silver, but the model numbers are the same. I think they have Black instore only. I checked two local BB and they had only Black. The Black is better anyways, it's much thinner.

I was able to use the 12% BB Coupon off it (lucky) so it was less than $30 out the door. YMMV!! This was the price in the Blaine, MN & Edina, MN Best Buy stores.

CC has it at $69.96 (same as instore).

32687706-2-200-0.gif

I'll have to check my local store for that. That would be awesome to get for that price, I could really use another one.

to whoever is looking towards getting this you will notice noise when connected via component or other inputs (it has something to do with the low amp voltage or something). I used to have this and sold it for that reason but if your not picky and can live with it its a good buy for that price.

I have had one for over 2 years now and started with Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and DVD Player hooked to it. The GC is gone and a Wii has taken its place and it has worked flawlessly for me. No noise or video interference whatsoever. Also, I have one friend who bought one after he saw mine and has had no problems with it. If you can get it for $30 or less, it is a great deal - I paid $89.99 - 10% coupon back then!

The person who had issues with noise probably just had a lemon - no electronic product is ever 100% free of defected items - and of course if it does cause issues - take it back!

Thanks,
Mike

I noticed the Black PSC01 has a "LIFETIME WARRANTY" on the box. The Silver does not. Go to psyclone's website and get an RMA for Service!! They are located in the US.

s701

How does this compare with the Joytech 540C Control Center for Xbox 360 that Fry's was selling for $45?

Picked one of these up a long while ago. No noise or anything with mine. Was worth the $100 + coupon I paid for it back then for sure.

They are on Clearance. Note this is for the Component HD Source Selector NOT the HDMI Source Selector. This is not YMMV because it is a clearance storewide. I work at Best Buy thats how I know. Alot of the employees picked them up when they went down so hopefully you can snag one of the last ones. My store only has 1 left.

EDIT: I picked one up when they dropped. Got it for $20.99. Great Unit. Well Worth it.

Damn. Maybe I should've got a price check.

There were three on a shelf with no tags. However, one of them was an "Open Item" for $64.99. I figured the other two weren't on sale/clearance because the open one was so high.

[quote name='Rig']Damn. Maybe I should've got a price check.

There were three on a shelf with no tags. However, one of them was an "Open Item" for $64.99. I figured the other two weren't on sale/clearance because the open one was so high.[/quote]

It never hurts to just have faith and bring something up to a register, no matter what the tag says. I wouldn't have half the CAG stuff I have if I didn't do that. Every now and then it doesn't work and I have to say, "Oh, sorry, I heard that was on clearance, but I guess not," but it doesn't happen often.

I had one for a few years, never thought it was bad until just recently got a new receiver and decided to try to plug everything up with the receiver instead. The difference was incredible, the picture clarity was astoundingly better without the switch. I'll never buy one of these again.

[quote name='Vegan']It never hurts to just have faith and bring something up to a register, no matter what the tag says. I wouldn't have half the CAG stuff I have if I didn't do that. Every now and then it doesn't work and I have to say, "Oh, sorry, I heard that was on clearance, but I guess not," but it doesn't happen often.[/quote]

Indeed. It never hurts to get something rung up. Yeah, a bit of an annoyance for the employee, but that is why I try to do my deal hunting during off hours.

When TRU first started clearing out the Live Vision Bundle, the store I went into still had them shelf-tagged at $80. I brought two of them up to the cashier, and he was like, "You sure you want two of these? They are the same thing. Seems like a waste." When they rang up at $40, he was floored.

[quote name='NJMane']They are on Clearance. Note this is for the Component HD Source Selector NOT the HDMI Source Selector. This is not YMMV because it is a clearance storewide.[/quote]

You mean nationwide? The clearance status may be nationwide, but it's $57.99 at my nearest BB, so the $31.99 price is definitely YMMV.

This is in keeping with what I have observed with BB clearance items in the past: the price varies from store to store.

[quote name='gantt']You mean nationwide? The clearance status may be nationwide, but it's $57.99 at my nearest BB, so the $31.99 price is definitely YMMV.

This is in keeping with what I have observed with BB clearance items in the past: the price varies from store to store.[/quote]

Yes thats what I mean by not YMMV. It is clearanced at all Best Buy stores. The price may vary. Seems from the posts from $64.99-$20.99. It even has the tendency to be a different price even if you have 2 Best Buys in one city. The prices depend on the market. If this is a product that sells well in your market it will be the higher price. IF the stock has been sitting around in another market they get market down much faster.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']I bought this open box about two years ago for $70. Great deal for $35 or so, works perfect.[/quote]

+1 on all accounts

Just stopped by my local BB to pick up Cloverfield BR and saw the system selector, wanted to pick it up but it was marked at $55.

[quote name='NJMane']They are on Clearance. Note this is for the Component HD Source Selector NOT the HDMI Source Selector. This is not YMMV because it is a clearance storewide. I work at Best Buy thats how I know. Alot of the employees picked them up when they went down so hopefully you can snag one of the last ones. My store only has 1 left.

EDIT: I picked one up when they dropped. Got it for $20.99. Great Unit. Well Worth it.[/quote]

My original post does mention it's not the HDMI and that it's on clearance. Since the price seems to vary market to market, it's YMMV. Some will get high price some will get it for a steal.

Try using the 12% coupon.. that is a serious YMMV.. it worked for me!

I have unit all hooked up and it works flawlessly. No noise or picture quality issue. I compared the XBOX 360 BioShock and DMC4 with and without the selector.. to my eyes iit looks and sounds the same. :applause:

s701

[quote name='Luckychunk']One left at my BB for $52.99.

c-c-c-c-c-c-combo BREAKER[/QUOTE]

...AND it's $56.99 at my other local BB.

It sucks living in (what I consider) a very Best-Buy-centric customer zone. We never get good discounts on stuff. Everyone always wipes out the stock at my BBs, so they have no incentive to push product out the door at low, low prices.

i've had this for nearly two years now and the only issue i've had with it is that my tv blanks out when my consoles (happened with both wii and ps2) have bright white screens (for ps2 it happened while playing ff12 while teleporting between areas, and for wii it would happen at the main menu and also during twilight princess here and there). kind of annoying but since my tv only has one component input, i managed to get used to it. i also get some wavy lines from my cable box which are hard to notice but once you do it can be very distracting. worth buying if you need the component slots though. there's a few threads on avsforums if you need more info.

it rang up as $49.99 at the mt. vernon, ny location (although its listed on the floor as $79.99 or something like that)

Philips makes an automatic component switch that sells for $25. I bought one a year ago and it's worked perfectly. It probaly has fewer inputs than the larger Psyclone though.

Did you get the Black or Silver PSC01? The Silver ones seems to the most problematic. The Black (slimmer) version is the one to get. The model # are the same, but the quality is different.

s701

[quote name='lulu8585']yeah, i have the silver one, crap.[/quote]

Damn! I have the silver one too! I thought I was the only person getting 'whiteout'!

*Runs off to get the black one*

Found a black one for $40.99... couldn't find a current 10/12% off coupon in the limited amount of time before I had to leave (checking the BB by my work).. so not the best price but still a good deal. I have a 7-port, older version of this that's been great... will probably re-wire some stuff for this one, since it includes a remote (my old one didn't have remote control, so I'll put more used systems on this one)

I'm debating checking out a few other BBs this weekend just to see if any of them have the $31.99 (or less!) price... but either way, thanks for the head's up!

[quote name='Justin42']couldn't find a current 10/12% off coupon in the limited amount of time before I had to leave[/quote]

The coupon is YMMV because BB considers this excluded under "video game hardware and accessories", even though it's clearly an AV accessory that has no innate relationship to video games unless you choose to connect a video game console as one of the switched sources.

bread's done
Back