Best Buy Reward Zone 5/11 - 8/9 Earn a $5 bonus reward cert for every 3 CDs/DVDs YMMV

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I did a search and didn't see this mentioned:

Earn a $5 bonus reward certificate for every 3 CDs / DVDs

If you're a music or movie buff, here's the Reward Zone® program perk you've been waiting for.

For every three CDs and/or movie titles you purchase at select stores near you, you'll earn a $5 bonus reward certificate!

Here's how it works:

From 5/11/08 through 8/9/08, earn a $5 bonus reward certificate for every three music CD and/or movie titles you buy at any Best Buy store, in any combination. Purchases do not have to be made on the same receipt.

Buy them one at a time or all at once. Either way, you earn the points!

It's the perfect opportunity to stock up on our vast music and movie selections, which cover the full range of genres. Start earning your reward certificates today.

Terms & Conditions
Go to a select Best Buy store to make your initial purchase of any CD and/or movie title, and earn a $5 bonus reward certificate (250 bonus points) for every 3 music CD and/or movie titles you buy at any Best Buy store. Program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Subject to program rules.

[quote name='Filmmaker']So do you have to sign up for this specific offer or is it automatically enabled for RZ members?[/quote]
must be a sign up thing, ive bought maybe 12 cd's dvds and blu rays since 511 and have not heard anything

There doesn't appear to be a sign-up for it on their website. I honestly don't know the details on this deal beyond what was posted on their website. It's supposed to have been going on for over a month but I just found out about it when I got my last certificate this week. Also, I buy at least 3 CDs or DVDs a week there and have yet to receive any of these bonus certificates. I'm going to give it a few more weeks (since they are notoriously slow in sending out certificates) before making a phone call to them for clarification.

where did you see this deal, Josef? Best buy main page? I went to reward zone and found nothing at all on it anywhere. I did get a reward certificate that was listed as PREM Reward certificate, which I don't think I have seen anywhere before. It would seem to be kind of crazy with 4.99 dvd sales ($15.00 for a $5 cert)

last year bb had a "Summer of Entertainment" type of program where if you bought about 100 bucks in dvd/cd's, you get XX amount of RWC/Points. I forgot the details but I clearly remembered not getting it at all and had to call RW and they ended up giving me the points plus a few hundred more as a sorry.

[quote name='Grico']where did you see this deal, Josef? Best buy main page? I went to reward zone and found nothing at all on it anywhere. I did get a reward certificate that was listed as PREM Reward certificate, which I don't think I have seen anywhere before. It would seem to be kind of crazy with 4.99 dvd sales ($15.00 for a $5 cert)[/QUOTE]

Sign in to myrewardzone.com. It should be on the right/middle part of the screen, called "Special CD/DVD Bonus", directly above where it says "Membership Tip."

Not sure where you got this one but the membership tip when i just logged in involves
Gift Cards: "Remember: you earn 1 point for every $1 you spend on purchasing Best Buy gift cards." Nothing on buying 3 DVDs.

[quote name='Josef']Sign in to myrewardzone.com. It should be on the right/middle part of the screen, called "Special CD/DVD Bonus", directly above where it says "Membership Tip."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am not getting it there, instead there are 4 offers to scroll through of which it is not one of them. I wonder, is it to only specific members/types of members? They upgraded me to silver premier recently, whatever that means.

nothing for me either, and i also got the silver premiere. it did mention the offer for double/triple points this week though. i agree with the idea that its a specific-member-only deal... oh well, thanks for the heads up though...

I'll go ahead and change this to YMMV since no one else seems to be getting this.

When I sign in to myrewardzone.com, there is a big rectangular box next to the "Account Summary" section. In that rectangular box, at the bottom, are five options for me: "Summer Bonus Points", "Online Mall", "Member Appreciation", "Racing Club", and "Special CD/DVD Bonus."

If this was member specific I'm really surprised they're giving this bonus to me. I already buy multiple CDs/DVDs each week from them so they're basically giving me free money every week. I'd think they would offer this to someone who doesn't buy that many CDs/DVDs, as an incentive to buy more.

[quote name='Josef']I'll go ahead and change this to YMMV since no one else seems to be getting this.

When I sign in to myrewardzone.com, there is a big rectangular box next to the "Account Summary" section. In that rectangular box, at the bottom, are five options for me: "Summer Bonus Points", "Online Mall", "Member Appreciation", "Racing Club", and "Special CD/DVD Bonus."

If this was member specific I'm really surprised they're giving this bonus to me. I already buy multiple CDs/DVDs each week from them so they're basically giving me free money every week. I'd think they would offer this to someone who doesn't buy that many CDs/DVDs, as an incentive to buy more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ours only has 4. Maybe you buy enough dvds to qualify for some special bonus. I guess my silver premier is just not good enough...

[quote name='Grico']Yeah, I am not getting it there, instead there are 4 offers to scroll through of which it is not one of them. I wonder, is it to only specific members/types of members? They upgraded me to silver premier recently, whatever that means.[/quote]
Apparently, premier silver status gets you perks like:

25% point bonus on all points earned

Point banking which allows you to save up for a big certificate or redeem points using the Awards Catalog

45-day extended return policy on in-store purchases

Free standard shipping on BestBuy.com

You qualify for premier silver status if you spend $2500 at BB in a calendar year. It says I'm $206 away from qualifying, I didn't realize I spent so much at BB this year already lol. Combined with the double points this week, looks like they're beefing up their RZ program, which is good. The $5 bonus deal would have been great though if I could get it, since I do consider myself to be a music and movie buff and I spend most of my money on DVDs/CDs every week.

is the premium sign up automatic when you hit 2500 or you have to sign up for it, because I see nothing about signing up on the site.

I should be a silver in the next day or two when my TV purchase goes through. I'll see if they require me to sign up for anything.

Anyone wonder if you don't spend x amount in a calendar year if they will take away your Silver membership? I'm also waiting to see if they have a Gold level for the high rollers.

[quote name='djbooba']Anyone wonder if you don't spend x amount in a calendar year if they will take away your Silver membership? I'm also waiting to see if they have a Gold level for the high rollers.[/quote]
Yep, it's right there in the Program Rules: "If you make no qualifying purchases using your Reward Zone program Membership number during a calendar year, your Membership will automatically expire on the last day of that calendar year." I don't think I'll have any problems making the $2500 requirement, since I spend at least $100 a week there on movies/music. Hell, they should give me Platinum level after all the money I've wasted at their stores. :)

best buy for business has had this threshold type thing for awhile but each year unless you get to platinum you go back to the beginning. i hope this isnt like that.

2500 is silver
5000 is gold
10000 is platinum

i think.

yeah i got their mastercard, so that is how i got silver, although best buy is where I tend to buy dvds when I don't buy them online/ some other deal.

[quote name='hero101']Nothing for me. I'm on the non-silver list. Maybe I'm a devil customer like veronica Mars. :bomb:[/quote]

What? How am I a devil customer :/

[quote name='Veronica Mars']What? How am I a devil customer :/[/quote]
Don't you alway buy stuff that is only on sale?:whistle2:#

Guys I can confirm this. I posted something like this about a month or so back (check my post history and you'll see it). I got my notice via e-mail and I have quite a few friends who are RZ members and no one else got it so it's gotta be some sort of deal they send randomly to people. I recently bought 3 DVDs so I'll let you know if its legit on my end. It usually takes awhile for Best Buy to award the points to their members (I think it takes like 30 days after day of purchase).

[quote name='bryan78'] It says I'm $206 away from qualifying...[/QUOTE]

Where does it say how far away from a silver membership you are? I can not find it in my membership page.

[quote name='greysector']Where does it say how far away from a silver membership you are? I can not find it in my membership page.[/quote]
After you sign in, it should be on the left hand side of the page. There is a box that says Account Summary that shows your current points and certificate amount, then right under that, there should be another box called Account Messages which tells you how far away you are from qualifying for silver.

[quote name='bryan78']After you sign in, it should be on the left hand side of the page. There is a box that says Account Summary that shows your current points and certificate amount, then right under that, there should be another box called Account Messages which tells you how far away you are from qualifying for silver.[/QUOTE]

None for me. :whistle2:/

I really hope that they didn't script it so that it will declare you Premium when your total points hit 2500+ on the page indicator because I have it set to give me 10$ at 1000 pts and I just got some certificates so it cleaned house and brought me down to 200 pts. If they did script the page to do so at 2500 current points, I am screwed :(

I don't think qualifying for Premier Silver has anything to do with the page script, as long as you spend $2500 total in a calendar year at BB (or $2500 anywhere w/ RZ MC) you should be automatically upgraded.

It says my total points right now is 167 and I am seeing the message where it says I am $206.06 away from Silver. That's weird that you guys aren't seeing that on your membership page. Apparently, my points threshold is 250 ($5 cert), and I don't think I've ever messed around with the settings. Are you not able to view your points & purchases details for the last 90 days either?

Edit: Thinking about it, maybe the RZ membership page is not the same for everyone. That's why this $5 bonus certificate deal doesn't show up for a lot of people. Also I never seem to get any of those coupons or special offers that people post about here on CAG (like that recent free $10 GC). The RZ program probably varies for each person.

[quote name='joey791']Anyone had any luck converting their original BB card to a Rewards Mastercard?[/QUOTE]

I dont think you can "convert" it. I think its two separate companies offering two different types of cards.

When i got my RZ MC i just cancelled the original BB card.

I don't see this offer on my Reward Zone page, either. In fact, I apparently have a negative point balance right now, somehow. I didn't know that was even possible. It's not like I've made any huge returns lately or anything....

I don't have the Silver level countdown thing in my "Account Messages" box, either. I may already have Silver status -- I don't know. What I do know is that I've been a Reward Zone member for so long that those assholes should upgrade me to Rhodium level for free.

Yeah... "Premier Rhodium". You walk into the store and an employee runs over and puts a velvet crown on your head and hands you big, gaudy, jewel-encrusted scepter. Also, you can earn Reward Zone points by simply not spitting on the employees.

I can't believe I'm giving Best Buy these great ideas for free!

[quote name='siderealshift']I don't see this offer on my Reward Zone page, either. In fact, I apparently have a negative point balance right now, somehow. I didn't know that was even possible. It's not like I've made any huge returns lately or anything[/quote]

Never heard of that either. I have triple my points threshold and it says I have no certificates.

I've had negative point balances after PMs and the like, it's odd but tends to work out.

What I am annoyed about is a CSR the other day was too lazy to mess with my hard-to-scan card so next thing I knew she handed me a new RZ card and said "Call 888-BestBuy to have them merge your two accounts together, and just start using this card from now on"... I'm like, Huh? But I had waited so long at the register and was really late getting back to work I figured I'd deal with it later-- has anyone ever gone through a merging of 2 accounts? I have some big point values coming down the pike (with the recent racing club stuff) that I absolutely do not want to use, should I maybe just hold off with the merge til they go through?

bread's done
Back