Best Buy Reward Zone 5/11 - 8/9 Earn a $5 bonus reward cert for every 3 CDs/DVDs YMMV

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I did a search and didn't see this mentioned:

Earn a $5 bonus reward certificate for every 3 CDs / DVDs

If you're a music or movie buff, here's the Reward Zone® program perk you've been waiting for.

For every three CDs and/or movie titles you purchase at select stores near you, you'll earn a $5 bonus reward certificate!

Here's how it works:

From 5/11/08 through 8/9/08, earn a $5 bonus reward certificate for every three music CD and/or movie titles you buy at any Best Buy store, in any combination. Purchases do not have to be made on the same receipt.

Buy them one at a time or all at once. Either way, you earn the points!

It's the perfect opportunity to stock up on our vast music and movie selections, which cover the full range of genres. Start earning your reward certificates today.

Terms & Conditions
Go to a select Best Buy store to make your initial purchase of any CD and/or movie title, and earn a $5 bonus reward certificate (250 bonus points) for every 3 music CD and/or movie titles you buy at any Best Buy store. Program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Subject to program rules.

[quote name='Justin42']I've had negative point balances after PMs and the like, it's odd but tends to work out.

What I am annoyed about is a CSR the other day was too lazy to mess with my hard-to-scan card so next thing I knew she handed me a new RZ card and said "Call 888-BestBuy to have them merge your two accounts together, and just start using this card from now on"... I'm like, Huh? But I had waited so long at the register and was really late getting back to work I figured I'd deal with it later-- has anyone ever gone through a merging of 2 accounts? I have some big point values coming down the pike (with the recent racing club stuff) that I absolutely do not want to use, should I maybe just hold off with the merge til they go through?[/QUOTE]

I would wait you don't want to mess things up. I would have not given her payment and told her "Hang on there, you can enter my phone number and I can get credit if it can't scan that way with my card." Too bad if she would have had to void the sale, that's what you get for being a rude cashier.

If this deal works after the 30 day return time is up then I'll have about 20 bucks in RZ certs coming because I bought several tv on dvd sets with this weeks deal. Not bad because I got those sets for so incredibly cheap that it will equal getting one of them for free.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I would wait you don't want to mess things up. I would have not given her payment and told her "Hang on there, you can enter my phone number and I can get credit if it can't scan that way with my card." Too bad if she would have had to void the sale, that's what you get for being a rude cashier.[/quote]

Plus you can print a new ID card with your current number from myrewardzone.com.

I too have a hard to read card and I called and asked if I could get a new one and was told they they don't do that due to problems they've had in the past.

im like $11 away from Premier Silver. nothing i really want but Face/Off on Blu Ray. i have it on DVD, but i never opened it. u think they let me exchange it for the BluRay & just pay the difference even though i lost the receipt?

they will, it will just go against your 3 returns without a receipt per year. they will also give you the lowest price withing the past 30 days.

[quote name='Animal7390']Josef: Do you have Silver status yet or are you still a regular rewardzone member?[/QUOTE]

I am still around $1000 away from a Silver membership. Here's a little update on this. I called them up a couple days ago and after a 30 minute call I found out this promotion is indeed true (I have $15 in bonus certs on the way and some more pending) and apparently the promotion is for all Reward Zone members. I asked the CSR if only select members were getting this promotion and she said it was a promotion for all members.

If anyone has a question about their purchases through June 3rd that would qualify (anything in the past 30 days would be pending), call the Reward Zone number and mention the deal (which is posted word-for-word in the first post).

[quote name='Josef']I am still around $1000 away from a Silver membership. Here's a little update on this. I called them up a couple days ago and after a 30 minute call I found out this promotion is indeed true (I have $15 in bonus certs on the way and some more pending) and apparently the promotion is for all Reward Zone members. I asked the CSR if only select members were getting this promotion and she said it was a promotion for all members.

If anyone has a question about their purchases through June 3rd that would qualify (anything in the past 30 days would be pending), call the Reward Zone number and mention the deal (which is posted word-for-word in the first post).[/quote]

Just called about the deal because of this post, all Rewardzone members automatically are eligible for this deal as per the Rewardzone customer service line

Everyone is eligible yet in this thread only like 2 people, one of which was me actually got the e-mail? Talk about bad customer service.

I'd love to be able to take advantage of this deal, since I bought like 15 DVD's at BB with the current week's ad. An extra $25 worth of RZ certs would be dandy, above and beyond the $5 or so I'd be getting from the purchases themselves.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Do you still qualify for this bonus IF you use RZ Coupons and gift cards to pay off the balance?[/quote]
i was wondering this also as i did that today.

[quote name='Animal7390']they will, it will just go against your 3 returns without a receipt per year. they will also give you the lowest price withing the past 30 days.[/quote]
thanks i appreciate the info alot. i went in there today to exchange my copy of Face/Off i had on DVD for months that i never opened for the Blu-Ray version. i told the rep i didnt have my receipt and he was like i cant do anything, and i was like cant u just use my ID or something & he was lost, and he asked one of the other reps and she was like yea. ended up paying the difference plus using a $10 RZ since the price of the dvd dropped to $7.99. thanks again tho. :D

I'm not sure what's going on with this promotion anymore. Now, when I log on to the Reward Zone site, the deal is no longer listed for me (it only lists the 4 other options that most of you were getting). Also, I was awarded 750 RZ points with a label of "Customer Satisfaction" on the day I called them and inquired about the promotion. This is telling me that these bonus certs are probably not being awarded automatically as they're earned. I guess I'll call them on 9/12 with receipts in hand and let them know how many bonus $5 certs I should have received and how many I was actually sent.

It doesn't list the promotion either, but my last purchase of 3 DVDs, the details say DVD/CD frequency or something like that, so its still counting them. The purchase is still pending b/c of the 30 day rule.

Has anyone received these points yet? How do they show up in your account?

I just called b/c i never got the e-mail, but they said it is automatically active for all users--no need to sign up. I haven't seen anything yet, but most of my purchases are in pending still. They gave me 250 points over the phone for my trouble. I really hope this works--would love to get all the $5 certificates from that 24 season 1-6 deal a couple weeks ago (bought sets for myself, brother and dad before they shut the deal down).

I'll let you guys know next week hopefully. I bought 1 DVD on May 25, and 2 on June 21. Usually it takes 30 days for them to process the points, so I'll keep you guys updated next week. If not, I'll give them a call. :)

Update: It works.

This morning I had 210 points. Tonight I have 488.

I already have $10 in certificates, plus another $5 coming from my purchase. Also made a lot of MMA purchases last week b/c they were $4.99 so that's another $10 which I will probably use to buy Iron Man.

It ends on the 9th so take advantage while you can. Your best bet is to use those $4.99 and $5.99 DVD sales to rack them up. Remember, it's gonna take 30 days.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I'll be able to confirm on Tuesday because I bought 11 movies on June 29th.[/quote]

If you go to your purchase details and it says CD/DVD frequency, that means it picked up on this promotion.

It looks like they put this offer back on the Reward Zone website. It's under the "Featured Offers" section when you sign in.

I've also noticed that many of my recent purchases are being described as "Purchase and Bonus Points" in the "description" section of "My points & Purchases."

still no sign of this promotion and whenever i call they ask me a bunch of questions i dont know the answers to.

to all the people who are getting people that know about the promo, what phone number are you calling because every time i call i get nothing and typically 3 people in a phone call and no one knows anything.

any help would be greatly appreciated since i have purchased $50 worth of bonus certificates and that is a nice bonus on top of almost being a silver member. thanks in advance for any help.

The only phone number I've called is the one on the back of my RewardZone card (1-888-BESTBUY). Listen for the menu options that have to do with the Reward Zone. When you speak with someone be sure to mention the call has to do with your Reward Zone account and whether it is accurately recording your purchases in this promotion. For me, it looks like all my purchases before July 1st were not automatically generating bonus reward certs, but purchases made after 7/1 do seem to show the promotion. As Rafeal122 mentioned a few posts back, the purchase description will say "CD/DVD Frequency" if the bonus points applied.

[quote name='Animal7390']still no sign of this promotion and whenever i call they ask me a bunch of questions i dont know the answers to.

to all the people who are getting people that know about the promo, what phone number are you calling because every time i call i get nothing and typically 3 people in a phone call and no one knows anything.

any help would be greatly appreciated since i have purchased $50 worth of bonus certificates and that is a nice bonus on top of almost being a silver member. thanks in advance for any help.[/quote]

Here's what worked for me.

I logged into my RewardZone account and clicked on the "Help" link on the upper right corner under the member ID. That brings up a list of help topics and also a "Submit a question now" link. I clicked on that link and submitted up a question about the missing $5 bonus certificates.

I quoted the offer language that the OP posted in this thread and I mentioned that I had bought 6 DVD boxsets during the promotion window. (The 6 DVD sets that I bought showed up as "pending" on the "My Points and Purchases" page.)

A few days later I received an email reply that 500 RewardZone points would be credited to my account. Then, about a week later, the points did, in fact, show up. The points showed up with a description of "Customer Satisfaction".

I want to thank Josef for posting the detailed promotion language. I quoted sections of that in my question to the RewardZone group and I'm sure that helped out.

Does anyone know if the Hancock preview Blu-Ray counts as part of this promotion? It costs 1 cent. I wonder if someone could buy three of these for 3 cents and get the $5 bonus reward certificate? I'm not looking to take advantage of the promotion, just curious to hear if anyone has tried this.

Emailed them about it via the Help link on the Reward Zone site, and had an email this morning that they're adding 4,250 points into my account for the 27 DVD's I've bought there since 5/11. Hello, $45 RZ certs. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Emailed them about it via the Help link on the Reward Zone site, and had an email this morning that they're adding 4,250 points into my account for the 27 DVD's I've bought there since 5/11. Hello, $45 RZ certs. :D[/quote]

Awesome! I'm glad that worked out.

Thanks for the tip--I emailed them about the 18 dvds I bought on 6/29 (3 sets of 24 with coupon deal). I see in my account today I have 2 credits for 750 points:
07/28/2008 Point Adjustment Customer Satisfaction N/A N/A 750.00
07/28/2008 Point Adjustment Promotion Error N/A N/A 750.00

Well I just e-mailed them about 2 and a half hours ago and I received a reply from Best Buy Customer Care about an hour ago and they're sending me 750 points when I told them I purchased 6 DVDs.

Looks like someone's math is off. I have to go check the email I was sent yesterday and see if I was just being dyslexic or not. 4250 points would be for 51 DVD's, at $5 RZ cert/3 DVD's, which wouldn't be bad at all. :D

There's 2250 added into my account right now, so if the email says 4250, then I think it might be worth seeing if they'd do it or not. :D

I emailed them yesterday and this morning I got an email saying they were going to add 750 points to my account, but when I check my account this afternoon the points have yet to be added. For those who already got the points, how long did it take for the points to show up in your account.

When I emailed them about my points it took at least two days after they told me that they would add them before they showed up in my account.

[quote name='NeoJediChef']I emailed them yesterday and this morning I got an email saying they were going to add 750 points to my account, but when I check my account this afternoon the points have yet to be added. For those who already got the points, how long did it take for the points to show up in your account.[/quote]I think I emailed them late Sunday night, and Monday morning after I woke up was the email about the points being added. I checked my RZ account yesterday and the points were in there, dated from Monday.

My guess is that they should be there tomorrow. If they're not there come Friday, I'd email them again.

WTF? I emailed them yesterday about this after using the info on my reward zone page to count how many CD's and DVD's I've bought since 5/11. I get an email back this morning saying they'll be happy to apply the bonus points if I email them the customer service PIN's from the receipts of the qualifying purchases.

Anyone else get this reply? Luckily I have most, if not all, those receipts, but what a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Ah, that info's on the reward zone site itself...makes the job a bit easier.

[quote name='lawdood']WTF? I emailed them yesterday about this after using the info on my reward zone page to count how many CD's and DVD's I've bought since 5/11. I get an email back this morning saying they'll be happy to apply the bonus points if I email them the customer service PIN's from the receipts of the qualifying purchases.

Anyone else get this reply? Luckily I have most, if not all, those receipts, but what a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Ah, that info's on the reward zone site itself...makes the job a bit easier.[/quote]

Yeah--when I sent my original e-mail I included the transaction numbers from the rewardzone site.

I emailed them a couple days ago about the missing points, and today I finally received a reply with 750 points added to my account. Now I have a total of $25 in RZ certs. Maybe I'll pick up Soul Calibur now.

Anyone else get their full points owed from this promo put into their account? I got an email back on the first from a CS rep with the exact count of my DVD's and CD's saying a research team would be looking into it and giving me 750 points for my troubles. I haven't heard anything since so sent out another email today.

I only got 250 points :/

I'll try to e-mail them again! I hate how they keep telling ME to list everything, when they can look it up themselves just as fast.

bread's done
Back