Best Buy Reward Zone 5/11 - 8/9 Earn a $5 bonus reward cert for every 3 CDs/DVDs YMMV

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I did a search and didn't see this mentioned:

Earn a $5 bonus reward certificate for every 3 CDs / DVDs

If you're a music or movie buff, here's the Reward Zone® program perk you've been waiting for.

For every three CDs and/or movie titles you purchase at select stores near you, you'll earn a $5 bonus reward certificate!

Here's how it works:

From 5/11/08 through 8/9/08, earn a $5 bonus reward certificate for every three music CD and/or movie titles you buy at any Best Buy store, in any combination. Purchases do not have to be made on the same receipt.

Buy them one at a time or all at once. Either way, you earn the points!

It's the perfect opportunity to stock up on our vast music and movie selections, which cover the full range of genres. Start earning your reward certificates today.

Terms & Conditions
Go to a select Best Buy store to make your initial purchase of any CD and/or movie title, and earn a $5 bonus reward certificate (250 bonus points) for every 3 music CD and/or movie titles you buy at any Best Buy store. Program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Subject to program rules.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I only got 250 points :/

I'll try to e-mail them again! I hate how they keep telling ME to list everything, when they can look it up themselves just as fast.[/quote]

Yeah, they asked me to do the same thing too, which I did. The reply on the 1st had everything counted up by the CS rep so I don't know what the holdup is.

I called Best Buy. I was on the phone for an hour and five minutes despite being a premier member. I did in fact get to speak with a person and explained the promotion. She was able to pull up the exact banner that ran and in the banner it states that it is only for specific stores. It turns out they were only running the promotion in five districts (Maryland, Virginia, etc.). They also sent out an e-mail. In the e-mail it states that you can go to any Best Buy store. If you want the deal, you must say that you received the e-mail and that it clearly states that you can go to any Best Buy store. It took a little while, but they ended up giving me $35 for the 21 movies I bought. All of them were at five dollars or less, so I did pretty well.

I was due 250 points as part of this deal. I emailed them yesterday to ask if I could get the points credited to my account. I was worried that I might not get the points since the fine print of this offer indicates that it doesn't work in combination with other promotional points offers. All of my purchases had the race club bonus points. I just got an email tonight that said they were giving me the 250 points, plus another 250 points for my trouble. This worked out pretty good.

Thanks to the OP and to those who shared the manner on how to reach Reward Zone Customer Service.

I got 9,500 bonus points yesterday in my rewardzone. For those of you who wonder why I got this number of points, it seems that they (Bestbuy) even counted the Universal Summer of Action Movie Sampler Preview DVDs which cost $0.00 .

this is what will show up in your points reward section:

08/12/2008 Point Adjustment Promotion Error N/A N/A 9500.00

Oh, I got like 32 of this preview disc here are the remaining 8

mummy8.jpg

Wow xage, I don't know which is worse - the fact that you hoarded 32 preview discs or that they actually gave you bonus points for them. :roll:
Anyway, this deal worked out for me as well and I was surprised how easy it was too. I e-mailed them about the promotion and asked them to add points to my account for the 64 CDs/movie titles I purchased during the promotion period. I got a reply back saying that they would be adding 750 points to my account for the problem I experienced. It seemed like they misunderstood the details of the promotional offer, so I e-mailed them back, explaining the specifics of the offer again and telling them that there should be 5,250 bonus points applied to my account. I saw a reply back from them today, saying that they have credited my account with the 5,250 points along with the 750 points from before for a total of 6,000 bonus points. They said I should see the points in my account in 7-10 business days. So looks like I'll be getting $120 in RZ certificates! Cool. :cool: The customer care rep was very nice too, congratulating me on my new Premier Silver status.

Edit: Just checked my account today and they have already applied the points! Quicker than expected, only took them 1 day instead of 7-10 days like they said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, you have to EMAIL them (who?)? Ok, I don't want to bother reading the whole thread again to understand what's going on. Can someone just tell me how I am going to do this? Since those preview discs count (apparantly), then I should get a $5 certificate but then I have to email them? Email who? What's the email? How do they know you're not just lying to get the certificates?

they know because they can look at your account. as for figuring out what to do, read the thread. sounds like a dick thing to do but if the thread was 100 pages i would understand but its only a few pages.

[quote name='bryan78']Wow xage, I don't know which is worse - the fact that you hoarded 32 preview discs or that they actually gave you bonus points for them. :roll:
[/quote]

Worst probably be: The Bestbuy Cashiers who can easily be manipulated with some few storytellings... and a $0.00 were scanned as purchase.

Thanks for the post. I never signed up for the deal (didn't show up on my reward zone page), but when I emailed them and explained that I bought 6 DVD's for the period, they quickly credited my account with 500 points. Pretty good deal.

Ok. I'm sorry for acting rude earlier. Well, I emailed them and the person was nice. She gave mee 500 points for the 6 DVDs I bought and yes, they seem to count the preview discs.

Well I emailed them, but the person's saying I need my original receipts in order to get the points credited or whatever, I'm just not sure if I'm even asking the right things or not... I gave them the numbers that appear right on the page there with the amount of points, but I guess that's not good enough or something.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Well I emailed them, but the person's saying I need my original receipts in order to get the points credited or whatever, I'm just not sure if I'm even asking the right things or not... I gave them the numbers that appear right on the page there with the amount of points, but I guess that's not good enough or something.[/quote]

If you are not sure, there will be no progress..

Have you gone trough the pages here and wrote down all the necessary things to get the bonus points? I guess not... (because your not sure)

Be persistent and you have all the RIGHTS!

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Well I emailed them, but the person's saying I need my original receipts in order to get the points credited or whatever, I'm just not sure if I'm even asking the right things or not... I gave them the numbers that appear right on the page there with the amount of points, but I guess that's not good enough or something.[/quote]

Yea just email them again, I'll quote what I put in my email and they adjusted it no problems.

I read that there was a promotion running from May 11th through August 9th, where $5 rewards were added for every 3 CDs/DVDs. I was wondering if my account could be adjusted

Sweet, they sent me 2500 points last week and another 1500 this week (yes, I buy a lot of DVD's and CD's) so I think I'm all squared up now with this promotion.

After going through my purchase history I noticed that there were approximately 31 CDs/DVDs that I purchased between 5/11 and 7/11 that I never got credit for. That amounts to around 2500 RZ points or $50. So I called them earlier this week and asked about them. The first person I spoke to didn't seem to understand what I was saying (plus I couldn't even understand her because of her heavy accent). So after about 15 minutes she transferred me to someone that actually understood what was going on (a chap named Diego). I was prepared to fight for my 2500 RZ points and what does this guy do? He gives me the 2500 points without a hitch and then an additional 1500 RZ points for my troubles. So my call for $50 actually turned into $80. Thanks again Best Buy and Diego!

bread's done
Back