Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook App: Earn Free Points With Polls and Activities

I would assume then if you are not GCU or silver you will just keep losing points on these polls until 2/23. I am both GCU and silver but the points are no longer adding to my total. They are showing up as 25 for each day but not posting. I hope they all post on 2/24.

Edit: Well that was weird. I just redeemed a $15 RZ cert and it added 125 points to my account for this weeks polls. So strange.

Things started going weird on me too now, though if you check the 'View Points and Purchases' link on the MRZ website, it details all the points you've entered so far. While the main page and FB app shows 0 points, the earned points page is still showing each 25 poll correctly, so I'd just keep doing the polls and wait until the 23rd for things to be ironed out.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I would assume then if you are not GCU or silver you will just keep losing points on these polls until 2/23. I am both GCU and silver but the points are no longer adding to my total. They are showing up as 25 for each day but not posting. I hope they all post on 2/24.[/QUOTE]

I am GCU and Silver, so not sure what to tell you. As you say on the 24th I might see a deluge of points so fingers crossed.

Since the maintenance message popped up, I earned 0 points from the last two polls...now my balance is 0 and when I checked I lost 207 points due to 'annual points expiration'. I thought points earned this year weren't counted in the yearly expiration. Not cool, Best Buy :/

I issued a certificate the other day, but then it said my points expire due to the annual clearing (which is stupid).. It showed up weird though:

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT POINTS
02/08/13 Facebook - Poll FREE 25 pts
02/08/13 $5 Reward Zone Certificate $0.00 -250 pts
02/08/13 Annual Point Expiration. See Program Rules. $0.00 -213 pts
02/07/13 Facebook - Poll FREE 25 pts
02/06/13 Facebook - Poll FREE 25 pts

It's weird, I don't know why 213 points got deducted, but I spent 250 to get a certificate.. at least i still got the certificate i think.. but the points i had left over expired I guess..

When redeeming points, it must be done LIFO. After doing the 2/4 FB poll, I made a certificate and was down to 11 points. Then on 2/6 they took my 11 points out for point expiration. Either that or they always reset you to 0 points.

I'm on the phone with customer support right now. (Why not? I was bored.) I'm now waiting for a second line support because the first level kept telling me that my points were forfeited on the 6th, including the ones I got on the 7th and today. He said at first that points that were supposed to be available by the 6th, but are still pending, were forfeited, but then later said they weren't. Then he tried to explain that the points were redeemed toward a certificate. When I pressed him as to why points added after the 6th kept disappearing, he finally gave up. :lol:

I noticed that when I log into the RZ site, I was at 0. I logged into FB, took today's poll and got the 25 points, putting me at 50 points. (It should only be 49, since I had 24 last night, but I digress.) I logged out of both sites and then logged back into RZ and my points were back at 0.

Mind you, I'm not mad - I just want to make sure that I don't lose my legit points that were to be available this week.

EDIT: Heh, first level was just trying to get me off the phone and transferred me to someone who doesn't handle RZ (but can see what I'm talking about in my account). Being transferred again...

EDIT 2: Spoke to another person who was more knowledgeable. While I couldn't pull off a bonus cert for my trouble (heh), he did say that everyone's account is being checked (???) and that by the 12th, my points gained after the reset will be available; including the 125 points from the polls yesterday and today in addition to my pending 155. (Interesting, in that that should only be 50 points, not 125...)

TL;DR version: I think their system interaction between the FB app and the RZ system flaked out and they're still not sure what's up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! One other thing I forgot to mention (double-posting this so it doesn't get missed): don't be too quick to jump on your premier silver status. I tried to pull the "I'm PS and should not have lost points" (again, why not?) and was told that I was not at that status.

HOWEVER, the rep told me that I need to have spent $2500 last year to be PS, and I only spent $1050 (or so) last year - that is completely NOT the case. (I only spent several hundred dollars.)

156 points taken away because Annual Point Expiration (it was actually more than that, but that's what the site is showing) and both today's and yesterday's poll points disappeared soon after showing up. Can't be bothered to call though.

[quote name='oasisboy']Can someone tell me how to get the 10 points from the phone app? I cannot find that anywhere in the app...[/QUOTE]

Anyone??? :bouncy:

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I went from 256 points to 0 but I'm too lazy to call, I'll just wait and see what happens in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm at 0 now as well, but hopefully in a few weeks everything will be sorted out. If not, there will be a lot of people calling and complaining!

Love this promotion, earned $35 in certs since it started

Here is what I did to update my RZ point total...

1. Go to FB app, and it should list the correct RZ pt amount
2. Click rewardzone.com link on bottom of app

When I did that, the 200 points I was missing on BestBuy.com/Rewardzone.com was updated immediately to the correct amount and was able to cash out a $35 gift cert.

i called but had to hang up as the guy was having a very hard time understanding my problem, which was that points were taken off my account. for some reason he cold not grasp it and seemed more concerned with making small chat like commenting on my name and updating my address. after 10-15 nothing was resolved and he still insisted with stupid small chat based on my location (hows the weather, etc) versus actually looking into my concern. i will call back tomorrow and give them an earful.

Gah, forgot again. I didn't do it at work, so I told myself I'd do it when I got home. Forgot and I just missed by like an hour.

Phooey.

[quote name='Poor2More']Love this promotion, earned $35 in certs since it started

Here is what I did to update my RZ point total...

1. Go to FB app, and it should list the correct RZ pt amount
2. Click rewardzone.com link on bottom of app

When I did that, the 200 points I was missing on BestBuy.com/Rewardzone.com was updated immediately to the correct amount and was able to cash out a $35 gift cert.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip man. Got my points back.

Logged in to the poll site and had 0 pts. did poll and got 100. logged back on for that trick and still have 0. lost 241pts that were acculmated this year from polls.

To the guy that lost 256pts at pts expiration time they cash you out if you have enough pts so their system is definitely wonky.

I had a problem where my points zero'd out. I logged out of FB, into the RZ site itself, then back into the FB app and BOOM everything was back.

Why are my recent transactions not showing up yet?

Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/about/faq/earningpoints?cat=0900a76f80005825&ques=0900a76f800f5efa

Mine still says I've "earned" the points for each day's poll. Last year's points just expired for me btw. Oh well, I only had 10. ;)

How exactly does the refer a friend thing work? I sent one to someone on my facebook friends list, they signed up, but I didn't get 10 points? Do you have to invite a certain amount or do you get 10 points per friend?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I see my points in the transaction list, but they are not added to my total. Is this happening to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been on the phone with BBRW twice in the past three days. They're majorly messed up.

[quote name='boagman']Yeah, I've been on the phone with BBRW twice in the past three days. They're majorly messed up.[/QUOTE]

It's due to the delay that is mentioned on the RWZ site, so I'm not sure if calling in will do you any good. Hopefully everything will be sorted out in a couple weeks though.

How strange. In chrome, I haven't been getting points for the past few days, and have been sitting at 157. I decided to log in (to myrz.com) through IE and lo and behold, I'm now showing 282 points, which I just cashed out for a $5 cert.

It is strange the it seems like the browser was causing a problem with RZ site, at least for me.

[quote name='sp00ge']How strange. In chrome, I haven't been getting points for the past few days, and have been sitting at 157. I decided to log in (to myrz.com) through IE and lo and behold, I'm now showing 282 points, which I just cashed out for a $5 cert.

It is strange the it seems like the browser was causing a problem with RZ site, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

Chrome on my phone for some reason has the right amount of points, which is odd. But I'll go this route and try. If I see enough for a cert, I will cashout ASAP and make like a bandit :)

[quote name='sp00ge']How strange. In chrome, I haven't been getting points for the past few days, and have been sitting at 157. I decided to log in (to myrz.com) through IE and lo and behold, I'm now showing 282 points, which I just cashed out for a $5 cert.

It is strange the it seems like the browser was causing a problem with RZ site, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

I think the stupid month wide maintenance of rz site is not show any of the poll counted since the start of February.

[quote name='oasisboy']Can someone tell me how to get the 10 points from the phone app? I cannot find that anywhere in the app...[/QUOTE]

bump

For what ever reason Firefox has been acting funny on anything Best Buy, I need to do all my orders on IE.

[quote name='skiizim']For what ever reason Firefox has been acting funny on anything Best Buy, I need to do all my orders on IE.[/QUOTE]

Chrome is having the same issue. My points disappear then reappear after a poll only to disappear again. Best Buy support hasn't responded to people's emails have they?

[quote name='skiizim']For what ever reason Firefox has been acting funny on anything Best Buy, I need to do all my orders on IE.[/QUOTE]

Hey you're right. I finally saw points showing up when I did the poll on IE (I use FireFox alot more than IE).

Browsers, shmowsers. It's happening *on their end*, too. For the last several days, my points have been wonky. Today I had 350 points after having zero earlier. I called about this two days ago, and the woman on the phone with me was *just as confused* as I was. She ended up crediting me with a certificate to make up for the lost points, which was fine, but then *that* didn't show up in the point total until today. You better *believe* I redeemed it immediately.

Let's see what happens in less than a week when my 588 pending points become "real", so to speak.

Just looked at my RZ account and the points that were issued from the FB poll and then revoked are now back in my account.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Same here, finally have my proper 6,600 points.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow, dude...saving for something special, are you?

For everyone having trouble viewing points, or for those wondering why they haven't been added into your account yet. Best Buy posted on the reward zone site that they are having issues with the transfer from 2012-2013, due to this any points gained from February 3rd to the 23rd will not show up until AFTER the 23rd.

Also, as part of transferring any points remaining from 2012 will automatically be cashed in for reward certificates if they total more than 250, any amount remaining after this that is less an 250 will be deleted.

[quote name='boagman']Holy cow, dude...saving for something special, are you?[/QUOTE]

No, just waiting for the games I want to come out and any good deals. Don't feel like spending money just because I have it.

you know what would be nice? If Best Buy would send an email saying "Hey, you have X amount of RZ points in your account! If you dont redeem them by this date then they will be reset as we prepare for another year of Reward Zone points and benefits."

OH WAIT, that would mean BB actually cares about their customers!

I lost 136 points to the adjustments, which I would now have enough for another cert thanks to the facebook app. Bah.

[quote name='GamerDude316']you know what would be nice? If Best Buy would send an email saying "Hey, you have X amount of RZ points in your account! If you dont redeem them by this date then they will be reset as we prepare for another year of Reward Zone points and benefits."

I lost 136 points to the adjustments, which I would now have enough for another cert thanks to the facebook app. Bah.[/QUOTE]

136 is over 100 points shy of a certificate. I don't understand your logic there, unless you mean you did not do the facebook polls at all so you could have earned the points. But why are you not doing them in general? Seems like it's partly your fault for ignoring the polls IF this is the case.

[quote name='GamerDude316']you know what would be nice? If Best Buy would send an email saying "Hey, you have X amount of RZ points in your account! If you dont redeem them by this date then they will be reset as we prepare for another year of Reward Zone points and benefits."

I lost 136 points to the adjustments, which I would now have enough for another cert thanks to the facebook app. Bah.[/QUOTE]

I sent rewardzone an e-mail and they gave me back the 207 points I lost to "annual expiration" even though I earned all of them this year.

bread's done
Back