Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook App: Earn Free Points With Polls and Activities

so the site is down and i was gonna use my gift card today, i thought i read somewhere that you can use your gift certificates at the point of service now? like without having to print the certificate... can anyone confirm that?

[quote name='sangredekrazy']so the site is down and i was gonna use my gift card today, i thought i read somewhere that you can use your gift certificates at the point of service now? like without having to print the certificate... can anyone confirm that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just let the cashier know you have a reward cert available and that you want to apply it to your order. No need to print of certs anymore.

[quote name='bigassboy']I just think it is awesome that Bestbuy now matches online in their Low Price Guarantee, this should make it easy to get great prices on any game out there as well as the ability to use my RZ certs on them. It does suck that the Return/Exchange policy changed to 15 days for normal customers. If you are Premier Silver though it is still 60 days for a return and 15 for price match, but if you don't return and repurchase at that point you must be stupid.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean we'll only have to wait 15-20 days instead of 35 for reward zone points to post now? I assumed the 30 day return was part of the reason why

Can litepink put something in the OP about the "You got 0 points" error? It seems like somebody goes Chicken Little on each page over it. I know few people will bother to read the OP, but at least we can point them to it when the error occurs.

page finally loaded, but it's an old poll (about the mobile app).
Only need 30 points to my next $10 reward.... was hoping to get it by the weekend :)

New poll shows that it will be available for a couple of days. I guess they're cutting back on the RZ points even more. First they cut down from 25 to 10 now it's 10 every other day. That's an average of 5 points a day or an 80% reduction in points.

New poll is up

HOW DO
YOU JAM?
Take the poll, get points, and see how others voted.

TAKE THE POLL
Whether you rock out or chill out, what's your preferred listening method?

MP3 PLAYER
SMARTPHONE STREAMING
SATELLITE RADIO
OLD-SCHOOL VINYL

[quote name='sun007030201']The poll is not going to be everyday now.[/QUOTE]

Correct, but they also said they would vary the points, so it's possible that some will be 25 again even if it's not daily.

[quote name='Jadachris']New poll is up

HOW DO
YOU JAM?
Take the poll, get points, and see how others voted.

TAKE THE POLL
Whether you rock out or chill out, what's your preferred listening method?

MP3 PLAYER
SMARTPHONE STREAMING
SATELLITE RADIO
OLD-SCHOOL VINYL[/QUOTE]

Showed up now for me. Thanks for the heads up.

I got $35 out of this promotion, so I can only imagine how much money they've lost from everyone doing it. Makes a lot of sense for them to slow it down.

I'm sure with tpeople using more than 1 fb acct to get multiple points they saw it added up to alot more lost. So they placed these stopgap measures in place to figure it all out.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']No points today? That sucks.[/QUOTE]

Go ask other retailers for free stuff on their facebook page. It baffles me to see all this entitlement. You should check out Best Buy's facebook page full of idiots demanding free points every day and how it is "unfair" they are not giving points every day :roll:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']still showing yesterday's poll for me:([/QUOTE]

You missed this...

[quote name='sun007030201']The poll is not going to be everyday now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oasisboy']Go ask other retailers for free stuff on their facebook page. It baffles me to see all this entitlement. You should check out Best Buy's facebook page full of idiots demanding free points every day and how it is "unfair" they are not giving points every day :roll:[/QUOTE]

Honestly, this free point promo should have only been open to Silver members, since anybody could have gone and opened multiple RZ accounts and milked it (which is probably what caused what is more or less it's demise).

[quote name='sp00ge']Honestly, this free point promo should have only been open to Silver members, since anybody could have gone and opened multiple RZ accounts and milked it (which is probably what caused what is more or less it's demise).[/QUOTE]

My wife and I both have separate accounts and I purchased Mulan (on Blu ray) for my daughter using $5 in RZ certs from my account and $10 from my wife's. It's a real bummer that this thing is basically worthless now. I'll still claim whatever points they offer but it's going to be a slow grind at this point. I don't think I abused it since I didn't just open a bunch of new accounts or anything though I'm sure some people did that.

Seems like a clever marketing strategy to me. Give away 25 points a day, get the word out all over the internet about people getting free stuff through the app... Then, once everyone's on board, slowly cut it back a little more each week. They now have an app with a 4 1/2 star rating and tens of thousands of new users, and we're all still hooked and in the habit of logging into the app everyday and looking at the sections to check for new polls.

[quote name='oasisboy']Go ask other retailers for free stuff on their facebook page. It baffles me to see all this entitlement. You should check out Best Buy's facebook page full of idiots demanding free points every day and how it is "unfair" they are not giving points every day :roll:[/QUOTE]
I am shocked people like you do not get banned. :roll:

[quote name='MR_E']Seems like a clever marketing strategy to me. Give away 25 points a day, get the word out all over the internet about people getting free stuff through the app... Then, once everyone's on board, slowly cut it back a little more each week. They now have an app with a 4 1/2 star rating and tens of thousands of new users, and we're all still hooked and in the habit of logging into the app everyday and looking at the sections to check for new polls.[/QUOTE]

AngryCat-266x300.jpg

[quote name='Kolma']Poll changed... but says I already did it D:[/QUOTE]

Same. I think I remember doing this one a while back. So now:
1. Reduce the number of points per poll.
2. Only put a new poll up once or twice a week.
3. Reuse old polls.

At this rate we'll be lucky to get 25 points a month.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I am shocked people like you do not get banned. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Banned for what? Haters gonna hate.

At this point, this poll is a daily adventure. Will there be a new poll? Will it be a repeat?? How many points will it be worth??? :whee:

16 points was an odd and seemingly random choice for points to give out. Better than 10, so I'm not complaining, but... why?

So I missed this free points train, but if someone did all the polls since the beginning how much in BBY funny money did they get? $25 or $30?

^My guess is closer to $20, if they aren't abusing the system at all. I think I'm just over $15 and I missed about 2 weeks right in the beginning.

[quote name='panda911']So I missed this free points train, but if someone did all the polls since the beginning how much in BBY funny money did they get? $25 or $30?[/QUOTE]

I got $30 on my account and my eife started a couple weeks ago and got $10 so far. Considering I didn't start day 1 the total amount you missed was more than $30.

[quote name='panda911']So I missed this free points train, but if someone did all the polls since the beginning how much in BBY funny money did they get? $25 or $30?[/QUOTE]

I missed the first couple weeks, but had 150ish reward points from the January 2nd DotD with XBL 3month cards. Thanks to yesterday's 16 point poll, I had enough for my fifth $5 cert.

So, without my actual purchases, and using only one account, I would have gotten $20.

I've earned most of my points / RZ certs from this promotion, and I have gained at least $25. Hoping to sneak out another $5 before the first ones expire, though it seems very hit or miss lately. The 16 pointer also put me at an even 100 value, go figure.

bread's done
Back