Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I got mine in the mail today. It's a coupon you have to take to the store to see if you won (as little as) $5 or (as much as) $5,000.

[quote name='FeNoM91']Where did you guys get that from?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaybird']I got mine in the mail today. It's a coupon you have to take to the store to see if you won (as little as) $5 or (as much as) $5,000.[/QUOTE]

Read

My gf got hers, but I haven't gotten mine yet. Last year it was $5 for both of us. It works for everything right? I can at least get another $5 off the wii zapper and with my RZ certificate it'll be $10.

I got mine last week, actually once someone figures out the UPC number on the back and what monetary amount it corresponds to, you'll know how much you have (or at least you'll know if it's $5 or not.) I remember that's how it worked last year.

Anyway, I used mine this past weekend already, it was $5 and yes, it's just like a reward zone certificate basically. If you're a RZ member, check your mailbox in the coming days, as everyone should get one.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use this in combination with other coupons?

It'd be nice. I'd be able to get $10 off of Super Mario Galaxy if it works with other coupons. Use that with a sale price, and thats one hell of a deal.

[quote name='quadomatic']Does anyone know if it's possible to use this in combination with other coupons?

It'd be nice. I'd be able to a cheap game or something.[/quote]

I think you can, but if you get one, all the restrictions should be listed right on the back anyway.

Yep I got one in the mail, plus the $10 gift card I won from Mead Fivestar contest from a few months back that I thought they forgot to send me.

Free $15! Not sure what I'm gonna blow it on. :D

Wait, what? People got these last year? I've been a RZ member since 2003 and I never got one of these before. Meh...

[quote name='io']Wait, what? People got these last year? I've been a RZ member since 2003 and I never got one of these before. Meh...[/quote]I've been one since they rolled out the program and this is the first I've heard of it.

If they're RZ certs, then they should stack with coupons. Hopefully they are.

[quote name='vlv723']$5000...only one lucky mofo will get that.

I'll wait and see how much I'll get.[/quote]

it says 10 people will get it... i hope i'm one of those lucky 10 *prays*.. i'll check mine sometime this week

God damnit I think I threw mine away. Today I got a reward zone thing on the mail which normally come with crappy cupons, I'm pretty sure I read the coupons and they all sucked but I am not 100% sure...

Can you find out before you make a purchase? I know some stores do things like this and you have to scratch the code at the checkout. I don't want to buy a CD and get $5000 off (I can dream) and only be able to buy the CD.

For some reason, I stopped getting the %off coupons from Best Buy a while back. Anybody know how to get them mailed to you again?

Called RZ, and they said they just mailed them out randomly. Strange, I was getting them all the time before.

[quote name='sdp']God damnit I think I threw mine away. Today I got a reward zone thing on the mail which normally come with crappy cupons, I'm pretty sure I read the coupons and they all sucked but I am not 100% sure...[/quote]
Got that today too but no special coupon.

I need to use my RZ certificates and $25 gift card from the Super Mario Galaxy price match I got. Hopefully my RZ mystery coupon comes soon so I can use all this on same item.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Can you find out before you make a purchase? I know some stores do things like this and you have to scratch the code at the checkout. I don't want to buy a CD and get $5000 off (I can dream) and only be able to buy the CD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can check how much it's worth before you buy. Just bring in the thing and have a cashier scan it for you and they'll tell you how much it's worth.

As for the question about joining reward zone, you can join at myrewardzone.com

I doubt they'll send this to you if you're not already a member though.

It looks like a lot of Reward Zone members haven't heard about this...

Maybe there are 2 Reward Zone programs? I know that there was the program that started years back, that was $10 to join, and they sent a lot of coupons. Now, they have a new Reward Zone, which is now free, and they really don't send many coupons. This is the first actually useful thing I've gotten since I've joined, which was probably at the beginning of this year.

Maybe they haven't merged mailing lists for the older program and this newer program...

[quote name='quadomatic']It looks like a lot of Reward Zone members haven't heard about this...

Maybe there are 2 Reward Zone programs? I know that there was the program that started years back, that was $10 to join, and they sent a lot of coupons. Now, they have a new Reward Zone, which is now free, and they really don't send many coupons. This is the first actually useful thing I've gotten since I've joined, which was probably at the beginning of this year.

Maybe they haven't merged mailing lists for the older program and this newer program...[/quote]

Well I signed up before they changed to the free membership.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']If I won $500, I would finally get a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't we all...or perhaps I'd finally get an XBOX 360 :p

Only 100 ppl win the $500 though. Odds of winning are 1:80,000

I still have my fingers crossed though :D

Well, if I win, I won't get it. Best Buy Reward Zone has my address mixed up with some house in Virginia. I called them a ton of times to get it fixed, but it hasn't been done yet.

[quote name='ananag112']Well, if I win, I won't get it. Best Buy Reward Zone has my address mixed up with some house in Virginia. I called them a ton of times to get it fixed, but it hasn't been done yet.[/QUOTE]

Try fixing it online then.

myrewardzone.com

What the hell is this:

Please note the following:
  • Postal Code is invalid.
Why does it keep saying that? I am sure that I am putting in 11691 >_>..

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']What the hell is this:

Please note the following:
  • Postal Code is invalid.
Why does it keep saying that? I am sure that I am putting in 11691 >_>..[/QUOTE]

Where are you putting this in for?

all I got was 10%/12% OFF coupon today.

meh

I did get my 20 dollars rz coupon since I acquired enough points to get 20 back.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I got the 10% off coupons today, but not the Mystery Bucks thing.

This is the first I've heard about it and I've been a member for almost two years now.[/QUOTE]
This man speaks for me also!

They definitely did it last year too, I remember getting one then as well. I've been a member since they first started the program.

bread's done
Back