Best Buy Reward Zone Premier Silver Free Certificate in Email (YMMV?)

jr233270

CAGiversary!
Feedback
139 (100%)
If you are a Best Buy Rewrd Zone Member then check your email. Best Buy is doing the reward zone mystery coupon thing again where you will get a coupon valued from $5 to $5000.

The email says, "Thank you for being a loyal Premier Silver member. Enjoy this Mystery Rewards certificate just in time for holiday shopping – worth at least $5 or as much as $5000.¹

Click "Print My Reward" below and bring your Mystery Rewards certificate to a Best Buy store on 11/24/12 or 11/25/12 to reveal and redeem the value. Offer valid for one-time use only."

Hope someone on CAG gets the $5000 one!

Got it as well..too bad for those that are not. Definitely deflating when it seems like they value other people's business but not yours.

As Io said though, pretty much everyone is just getting the $5. At least it isn't a big amount to miss out on.

got $5 , ive been lucky with free certs, i got $5 the last time and $10 when a best buy further away from me closed
gonna use it to buy a 32gb flash drive if they are still in stock tomorrow, contemplating using my $25 dollars of shopkick certs for something too, or just hold on to those for TDKR BD

Got the $5 (most likely). I think I will pick up the $8 Dead Island: GOTY for $3 since it looks like my local BB has it in stock.

Got $5 as well, I may use it towards a new countertop microwave since my ancient 1970s Sharp Carousel one finally bit the dust.

[quote name='hellmutt']I NEVER get these. I don't understand why.[/QUOTE]

Same. Best Buy sucks a pile of dicks.

[quote name='io']D'oh... Then $5 for me too. If I happen to be out near a Best Buy this weekend I'll stop in and get an iTunes card or something I guess. But yeah, otherwise, spending $5-$10 in gas to drive to Best Buy is not worth the cert itself ;).

I can see why we all have $5 certs though. Look at the odds in the fine print. There are 2,295,890 $5 certs with odds of "approx 1:1" :lol:. Yeah, so you are pretty much guaranteed to get $5 and only $5. The next one up is $20 - there are only 2,500 of those. That's a steep dropoff. The rest: 1000 $50, 500 $100, and 100 $500.[/QUOTE]
Are there really 3 million+ silver members? That's 7 billion in sales right there;)

Too bad it's only for Saturday & Sunday. I feel like the last time they did this, there was at least a week to redeem.

Ha, saw the email but ignored because I figured it was another BF deals spam. I still don't understand how I'm premier, says I only spent a bit over $500 (which was from store credit because my iPod screen cracked). Thanks OP, I'll test my luck tomorrow.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Are there really 3 million+ silver members? That's 7 billion in sales right there;)[/QUOTE]

I think in some cases they just give Premier Silver status away. I know I never spent $2k in a single year at Best Buy, but earlier this year I was upgraded for some reason. Also, I know there was a promotion in the last month or two that if you bought a select cell phone from them you got Premier Silver status.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Got mine as well! If your left barcode ends in 270448 yours is $5[/QUOTE]

$5, shitty. better than nothing but seriously, where's the good luck? How many 5,000s and others are given out?

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']$5, shitty. better than nothing but seriously, where's the good luck? How many 5,000s and others are given out?[/QUOTE]

Planned Offer Distribution/Odds: (10) 250,000 Reward Zone Points (1:230,000). (100) $500 Offer Certificate (1:23,000). (500) $100 Offer Certificate (1:4,600). (1,000) $50 Offer Certificate (1:2,300). (2,500) $20 Offer Certificate (1:920). (2,295,890) $5 Offer Certificate (approx. 1:1).

No email for me. I know I'm not entitled to get one but after being silver for 4+ years and spending over 4k there this year, it would be nice to get one!

Been a Premier Silver since Spring 2011, and I can say I have NOT received this email. :( to whoever receives the 5000 congrats.. sucks it won't be me.

[quote name='WilsonWade']Been a Premier Silver since Spring 2011, and I can say I have NOT received this email. :( to whoever receives the 5000 congrats.. sucks it won't be me.[/QUOTE]

Checked spam?

I could care less about this... I just want those free 250 points I was supposed to get from signing up for Shutterfly 4-5 weeks ago.

What gives?!

My wife is Premier Silver (has spent around $2,600 this year) and she gets these every time, this is her first year being PS. I've been PS since the first year they started it and have never once gotten one of these (I've spent almost $5k this year at Best Buy).

Why send people these promos that are going to spend money there anyway? I guess they figure we never talk to each other about who gets promos and who doesn't.

[quote name='sdcranford']My wife is Premier Silver (has spent around $2,600 this year) and she gets these every time, this is her first year being PS. I've been PS since the first year they started it and have never once gotten one of these (I've spent almost $5k this year at Best Buy).

Why send people these promos that are going to spend money there anyway? I guess they figure we never talk to each other about who gets promos and who doesn't.[/QUOTE]

the logic is simple....you already shop there. youve spent 5k there. there really is no reason to entice you to keep coming back as you are hooked.....however people that dont shop there are much the theory is give you a 5 dollar coupon and hope youll spend 30 dollars or something. or people that are PS for the first time the idea is to try and get them to spend 2500 a year and keep it up. too hook them like you in other words.

Got a $5 one and bought an extra Sony PlayStation 3D glasses for $14.99 after redemption.

Can't wait til i receive the display.

[quote name='JP73']Damn it, i got one too. After BF I was hoping to stay away from Best Buy and all large stores for at least a few weeks. But since this expires tomorrow AND Sons of Anarchy Season 4 is 20 bucks on Blu....

[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for sons, I see 53 bucks.

Had my email scanned at Best Buy tonight, it was the standard $5. I picked up the discounted 3 month Xbox Live card for $5.99 tonight.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Used a $5 to make Dead Island GotY $2.99. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I did the same thing today. Also, YMMV but I also price adjust Assassin Creed 3 for $24.99. I got the game on release date. I have a good relationship with them and they know i like buying movies, tv, etc. This of course is YMMV depending on location, manager, etc.

I also got resident evil afterlife for $3.99. Too good to pass up. Im huge fan of resident evil.

[quote name='gcash81001']Do you have a link for sons, I see 53 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Oh, FYI- Today I heard that corp. BB computer system is mess up. U should tell them the price and they should know there prices from black friday. Dead Island GOTY rang up $29.99, but lucky the girl ask a supervisior. The supervisor was cool and knew it was $7.99. He explain the BB online is screw up.

Got my $5 code. Pick up AC Rev for 2.99 plus tax. I'm either going to gift it or sell it in a couple weeks. It was either that or a couple Cokes out of the cooler.

BTW I think this makes AC Rev the all time record holder for most times on sale for any game in history. I think they are going to have sell the rest of them for .99 cents to get rid of them.

[quote name='gcash81001']Do you have a link for sons, I see 53 bucks.[/QUOTE]

It's starting tomorrow through next Saturday( maybe longer, I don't know) it was in the Ad for next week.

well went there with that and 5 dollar certificate. bought fracture for 9.99 so 67 cents...but the computer wouldnt let me use both as it was under 10 dollars so i needed a pennies worth of crap. bought a salted nut bar for 79 cents(was the cheapest candy they had). so somehow after that my grand total changed from 67 cents to 82 cents lol.

me and cashier both were like wth but whatever.

[quote name='kayne2000']the logic is simple....you already shop there. youve spent 5k there. there really is no reason to entice you to keep coming back as you are hooked.....however people that dont shop there are much the theory is give you a 5 dollar coupon and hope youll spend 30 dollars or something. or people that are PS for the first time the idea is to try and get them to spend 2500 a year and keep it up. too hook them like you in other words.[/QUOTE]

I fully understand why they do it. To me why even send these to PS members? They shop there plenty, $2500 or more...unless Best Buy is upgrading people without them earning it.

[quote name='sdcranford']I fully understand why they do it. To me why even send these to PS members? They shop there plenty, $2500 or more...unless Best Buy is upgrading people without them earning it.[/QUOTE]

BB has run several promotions where you buy xx item you get PS membership. Mostly to push out certain cell phones.

Got the email black friday....was $5 of course but i used it and another $5 certificate I had lying around to purchase Smallville season 4 fo for practically nothing as they had the seasons for $9.99 up until yesterday. That email was only good for yesterday and today so be aware

Was denied Nightmare Before Christmas 3D because it didn't ring up at sale price and couldn't be adjusted. So I just picked up a Kindle card with my cert.

I don't know if it works, but for those who don't want to go to the store, there may be a work around. The cashier said you could use the right barcode online as a cert and not even bother going to the store.

Any ideas of games to buy with the $5 cert?

I already bought Call of Juarez and Dead Island GOTY. Any cheap games I can pm? (For some reason my newspaper didn't show up today)

Bumping this because I got one dated from 12/14 ~ 12/24

This one ranges from $10 ~ $5000

I really gotta change the e-mail on the account because it was sent to one I hardly check anymore >_

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is i have receive about 3 of the $5 certificates from this promotion and one thus far valued at $10. The people at best buy where so lazy to scan my $10 certificate that they just price adjusted the Lord of the Rings extended blu ray from $39.99 to $29.99. So i play to go again and have them scan it this time and get another $10. Awww yea :)

bread's done
Back