Best Buy Reward Zone

classact

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Has anyone been getting there gift certs lately, I have been sitting on about 40 bucks since November 3rd, still havent gotten anything lately, for some reason my comcast email address would work with them so changed that about a week ago and still nothing, debating calling customer service.

Are you talking about the Best Buy reward zone CC? I have received mine in about a month in a half .. even though I remain paying my bill ..

Dude you might have accidentally signed up for email delivery. Go to the reward zone website, log in, and go to your certificates page. Then print them out.

Mine show up without issue being sent through email. Been this way for a couple of years, never had any issues.

I'd check in your account information and make sure you're getting the points added up for them. Also, you may have your threshold set high, like $10 or $20, which is the point they'll email them out/mail them out. If you set it to $5, as soon as there's 250 points in your account, you'll get one on the way. If's $10 or $20, then you'll need to wait until you get 500 or 1000 points in your account.

I have them sent via email as well and I have the threshold set at 1,000 points. I have well over 1,000 points sitting in my account but they have yet to e-mail me my certificate. Since I have nothing to purchase right now, I don't actually mind but I was surprised since the last few certifitcates that I've received (same criteria, email, 1000pts) came rather quickly.

Did anyone else get the offer to join the Best Buy Racing club?

I could care less about NASCAR....but double points for this week + last day of 10% off coupon might be enough to get me into the store this evening.

I've finally gotten enough points where I can get the certificate (I only recently signed up with the Reward Zone program). I set it for email and when I look at my account online, I see that the certificate was "issued a day ago."

How long does it take for you to get it in email? I noticed that I had accumulated enough points about 2 weeks ago, the account said that it was deducted and then issued but no certificate or notice. A week later, the points were re-added to my account, and then the other day, re-deducted and I'm back to where it says it was issued. Is this the norm???

[quote name='phoenix6666']I've finally gotten enough points where I can get the certificate (I only recently signed up with the Reward Zone program). I set it for email and when I look at my account online, I see that the certificate was "issued a day ago."

How long does it take for you to get it in email? I noticed that I had accumulated enough points about 2 weeks ago, the account said that it was deducted and then issued but no certificate or notice. A week later, the points were re-added to my account, and then the other day, re-deducted and I'm back to where it says it was issued. Is this the norm???[/QUOTE]

You don't have to wait for them to come via email. Login to your reward zone account and click on "My Certificates" on the left side above where it should list the total dollar amount of your certificates. From there you can print them from your web browser and use in store.

If you click on "View My Points and Purchases" you should be able to see why points are being deducted and added to your account.

[quote name='xbox_mole']You don't have to wait for them to come via email. Login to your reward zone account and click on "My Certificates" on the left side above where it should list the total dollar amount of your certificates. From there you can print them from your web browser and use in store.

If you click on "View My Points and Purchases" you should be able to see why points are being deducted and added to your account.[/QUOTE]

Did that too. When I logged in, I saw that my point total had surpassed my threshold (I had it at 1,000). Then a few days later, I checked back and it had the 1,000 deducted, but no certificate was available for me to print. But when I look at "view purchases" it says it was deducted for the certificate.

I gave up on BB RZ. I made a puchase online and forgot to include my number. So I went and did the points form thing. They claimed they couldn't find the order, even though I had just placed it

I have mine sent to me via snail mail and they're woefully slow that way. I had already used the one cert for an online purchase while waiting for them to send it to me in the mail. So, the next time I had one available, I just had a friend print it up for me(since I've been too cheap to spring for a basic printer)and I used it on a massive purchase that she was making around the same time.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I gave up on BB RZ. I made a puchase online and forgot to include my number. So I went and did the points form thing. They claimed they couldn't find the order, even though I had just placed it[/QUOTE]

I believe if you forget to input your RZ number on the page, you have to wait until it ships. Try to re-submit it after it ships and you get a confirmation and you should be good to go. You can always call them and have them look it up while you're on the phone. They are sometimes more responsive when you'll calling and speaking to a live human being.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I believe if you forget to input your RZ number on the page, you have to wait until it ships. Try to re-submit it after it ships and you get a confirmation and you should be good to go. You can always call them and have them look it up while you're on the phone. They are sometimes more responsive when you'll calling and speaking to a live human being.[/quote]

I attempted that and it wouldn't let me. Saying something about I had already submitted it, even though BB told me to retry.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I attempted that and it wouldn't let me. Saying something about I had already submitted it, even though BB told me to retry.[/QUOTE]

That stinks! Can't think of what else to tell you to try.

Just got my fiver in the mail. It's now printed on a paper card glued to a form letter.

BB still sucks though. They wrote a spiel about using the enclosed coupons, and there were none. Only a damn restrictions listing on the back of one of the perforated three part sheet. The front had some bs about checking out the rewardzone site and other crap info. They really don't want me to have any type of coupon at all. Boo.

[quote name='phoenix6666']I've finally gotten enough points where I can get the certificate (I only recently signed up with the Reward Zone program). I set it for email and when I look at my account online, I see that the certificate was "issued a day ago."

How long does it take for you to get it in email? I noticed that I had accumulated enough points about 2 weeks ago, the account said that it was deducted and then issued but no certificate or notice. A week later, the points were re-added to my account, and then the other day, re-deducted and I'm back to where it says it was issued. Is this the norm???[/QUOTE]

I'm in exactly the same boat.

I think it takes about 2-3 days to get them after they decut points, business days only, I mean yea it's not the greatest program, but ill take 5 free bucks for every 250 I spend instead of nothing for every 250 I spend, when they used to make you pay for the membership it was honestly better, got better coupons and point system was a bit quicker

Is there any site that calculates how many points you get for a certain amount of money? I have a TON of recent purchases that have been pending for a month and a half. Before going and buying a dualshock Id like to see if the amount of money I spent can get me enough certs to get it near free. Anyone know of a site that does something similar to that?

[quote name='genfuyung']Is there any site that calculates how many points you get for a certain amount of money? I have a TON of recent purchases that have been pending for a month and a half. Before going and buying a dualshock Id like to see if the amount of money I spent can get me enough certs to get it near free. Anyone know of a site that does something similar to that?[/QUOTE]

It's very simple now that they've migrated to one set of calculations for the points.

$1 = 1 point

Here's the official explanation from BestBuy's website:

"Earn Points

As a Member of the Reward Zone program, earn 1 point ("Point") for nearly every $1 you spend on qualifying purchases (see "Non-Qualifying Items" below) when you show your Membership Card ("Membership Card") at the time of purchase in store, or when you enter your Membership number online for BestBuy.com purchases. Points will post to your account ("Account") approximately 30 days from in-store purchase, date of delivery or date of shipment. No adjustments to your Account will be made after the actual purchase date. Earn additional Points through special offers and promotions. Point calculations are based upon dollars spent at checkout on qualifying purchases (see "Non-Qualifying Items" below). When products are returned to the store or by mail, Points will be deducted from your Reward Zone program Account for that return. Points apply only to the first Membership Card scanned in connection with any purchase. Membership Cards, Points and Reward Certificates ("Certificate") have no cash value. Membership Cards and Points are nontransferable. Lost or stolen Membership Cards will not be replaced. Best Buy is not responsible for communications, including Certificates, lost due to change of address or other changes in contact information. Other restrictions or exclusions may apply.

Get Rewards

For every 250 Points you earn in the Reward Zone program, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate redeemable for a $5 discount off your future purchase of any qualifying products or services at participating Best Buy retail store locations. Certificates are redeemable at BestBuy.com but are not redeemable for purchases listed below under "Non-Qualifying Items." 250 Points are automatically deducted from your Account for every $5 in Certificate value issued to you. Check MyRewardZone.com for the details on choices you have about how Certificates are issued to you. Certificates will be issued (by mail or electronically at MyRewardZone.com) approximately 6 to 8 weeks after reaching the issuance level you choose. Certificates are coupons for discounts off future purchases and online at BestBuy.com, and may only be redeemed for a discount off purchase amounts equal to or greater than the amount of the sum of the Certificates presented for redemption, excluding sales tax. Certificates may be used in conjunction with most other discounts or offers toward the purchase of products, not to exceed purchase amount. Unless noted otherwise on the Certificate, each Certificate will expire if not redeemed within 90 days from the date it is issued. Certificates have no cash value and no change will be given for Certificate redemption. Certificates may be used only once. You may be notified of additional Non-Qualifying Items and services. Lost, stolen or expired Certificates will not be replaced. Best Buy is not responsible for communications, including Certificates, lost due to change of address or changes in other contact information. Other restrictions or exclusions may apply.

Non-Qualifying Items

Best Buy Reward Zone program Points will not be earned for the following: instant rebates and the value of mail-in rebates on purchases, purchases made for resale or paid by Reward Certificate or Gift Card, sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, commercial or industrial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Gift Card purchases are excluded from all double, triple and similar Point promotions. Members will earn 1 point for every $1 of Gift Card purchases. Other exclusions may apply.

Reward Zone program Certificates may not be redeemed for discounts off the following: prior purchases, purchase of Gift Cards, purchases made for resale, payment on any Best Buy credit card, sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, commercial or industrial purchases. Other exclusions may apply."

bread's done
Back