Best Buy Rewards Zone Silver - Get BF deals TODAY - Mon 11/23 @ Noon-Midnight

pdwayne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got an email from Best Buy this morning. They are letting Silver Reward Zone members get some of the Black Friday deal today (Monday). You have to have your silver membership # and you have to order over the phone (call 1-888-RZ-PREMR) between noon - midnight and mention the email. No online or B&M orders.

Some of the deals:

Playstation 3 (120GB) w/ LBP GotY & R&C:Crack in Time - $299
All Seasons of Smallville (dvd) - $9.99 each
Wolverine, Monster vs Aliens, Fast & Furoius Blurays - $9.99
Netgear Wireless N router - $49.99
Samsung 32" HDTV LCD 720p LN32B360C5D - $397

a few cameras and hard drives too.

Here's the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/rzspecial2009

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. So I don't think i got the e-mail this morning, but was wondering if it varies depending on where you live (noticed it says 12 noon CST) just wanted to make sure us East Coasters also needed to wait until then (I guess 1 p.m. EST). My son wants an iPod Touch and a $50 giftcard may be the best deal I'll see since you rarely see the actual price on these suckers on sale.

Damn, I wish I had reached Silver status. I suppose they're pretty strict on this and it wouldn't be worth trying to get in on the deal if you're not Silver, right?

[quote name='The Linguist']Damn, I wish I had reached Silver status. I suppose they're pretty strict on this and it wouldn't be worth trying to get in on the deal if you're not Silver, right?[/QUOTE]

They're strict, I would say it isn't worth it. I'm excited now. I'll be getting one of the $179 netbooks, the ps3 bundle, xman, and smallville season 8. OP made my day.

its sad that the deals suck but i`ll call in for the blu-rays...i spend too much money at best buy each year and this is how i`m rewarded lol

NICE FREAKING FIND OP!! god, I love CAG!!!

Definitely going to get in on this, eases some pressure while I'm there BF and lightens the load in the (probably 3) hand baskets I'll be filling up - you can never go for the shopping cart on BF!

EDIT: The best thing about this is they won't run out of stock! I wonder if the phone lines will be jammed though...EDIT: nvm, read the fine print

[quote name='gorgo']Hmm... been thinking about selling my backwards-compatible PS3 and getting a slim... this might be the time.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOO! can't you just case it up, store it instead and keep it?? nothing beats a system like a launch system model :D

[quote name='token2k6']NOOOOOOOOO! can't you just case it up, store it instead and keep it?? nothing beats a system like a launch system model :D[/QUOTE]
Unless it's a launch 360!

[quote name='token2k6']NOOOOOOOOO! can't you just case it up, store it instead and keep it?? nothing beats a system like a launch system model :D[/QUOTE]

Lol... no, but I may sell it to a CAG if the offer is right!

Does anyone think I'd be able to have a willing friend use their Silver RZ #, but use my own credit card to purchase any of these items?

[quote name='rmb']Unless it's a launch 360![/QUOTE]

haha! man, I should really think before I post (I was more in a Sony frame-of-mind) yeah, if someone still has a working 360 launch unit, they should play the lottery everyday! I bet they've all been recycled/reused/destroyed though...

[quote name='aporter727']Does anyone think I'd be able to have a willing friend use their Silver RZ #, but use my own credit card to purchase any of these items?[/QUOTE]

If this was in store, I would say sure, since the people at the register don't give a rats ass anyways. But not sure how strict they are over the phone, not to mention if you get busted...well I would just ask your friend to do the purchase for you and you pay him back.

I was just promoted to Premier Silver Status a few weeks ago but no e-mail. However, I'll call and give it a try.

Samsung 32" HDTV LCD 720p LN32B360C5D - $397

Same price as the website. Sarcastically speaking, what a deal. :lol: (unless that's the price before the actual sale price)

[quote name='token2k6']nothing beats a system like a launch system model :D[/QUOTE]

Until it gets a YLOD. :bomb:

I've been thinking of doing the same thing as gorgo.

The Samsung TV is the same price as the online price right now. Some doorbuster that is, way to go Best Buy.

Wish I was in Silver status.... I really need that 100 dollar stand for The new LG LED TV I just purchased. Hopefully these sales will be online on Black Friday since I am working.

Last edited by a moderator:
On hold too, 20 minutes, great...

Anyone think if today is successful, we'll see a different selection of items Tuesday and Wednesday?? It'd be nice to ensure all the Entourages for this deal...

Yes, I called got the message of "greater than 15 minutes". Then about 5 minutes into the call, i was disconnected!!! ARRGGG!. Now Called back and got the "greater than 20 minutes". If i don't get what I want, I'll be pissed.

Come to think of it, would it really have been so hard for them to make this an online only sale and only give you the price if you have a Silver membership?

I'm apparently ~$350 away from silver status

my question is as long as I make the purchase pushing me over by the end of the year I'll get it correct? even though the points wouldn't clear until January or whenever

Yep, turning out to be the fustercluck that I knew this would be.

Call 1: Got on with an agent who messed around for ten minutes or so and then said that her systems were all frozen and she needed to transfer me to another agent. And then she hung up on me.

Calls 2, 3, 4: Automated system tells me 20 minute wait. Puts me in queue and then hangs up on me.

Thanks for nothing, Best Buy. I guess the bucks that I've spent there over the years aren't worth that much to you. I'll be ordering from Amazon.com on Friday and saving the tax.

I finally got an agent, she put me into the 'real' queue rather quickly, got a message saying the wait time was 5 minutes, and I'm still waiting after about 17 minutes. But at least wasn't hung up on this time.

there is no way i can get that ps3 bundle if im not silver? im paying with giftcard

edit: anyone wanna hook me up and have it shipped to my house? ill give you the GC number to give to them.

[quote name='buckythekat']I'm apparently ~$350 away from silver status

my question is as long as I make the purchase pushing me over by the end of the year I'll get it correct? even though the points wouldn't clear until January or whenever[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have to make purchases totaling $2500 by 12/31 to qualify/requalify. Points pend for 35 days or so before you get them, although you should see them in your account a few days after you buy something.

[quote name='wwe101']there is no way i can get that ps3 bundle if im not silver? im paying with giftcard

edit: anyone wanna hook me up and have it shipped to my house? ill give you the GC number to give to them.[/QUOTE]

No, you can get it, but on Friday, not today. This sale seems to be a preview for Premier Silver members, or for those few who don't get hung up on.

Yeah, bout 30 mins on hold. Gonna have to hang up and go back to work if they don't pick up soon.

Really wanted to snag that PS3 bundle so that I didn't have to go out Friday morning.

Lalalala...

GREAT!!! finally got on, I"m talking still now for 10 minutes, the prices aren't coming up the same...$14.99 for Smallville S3, F&F BD for $29.99...WTF!!!!???!!! BB

what a hassle, this is a huge letdown, I'm no longer excited...oh wait, she wasn't on the "reward zone" end or whatever that means!!!

Make sure they don't screw you, and make sure you get FREE shipping!!

[quote name='62t']man we are in 2009 now, why cant we place an order online?[/QUOTE]

my guess is they're testing this for popularity...like I stated before, they are having some sort of weird problems getting this to work. On the phone for an hour now total, lady typing stuff in...my boss keeps coming in here looking at me. He know's what I'm doing..and I don't think he's happy!

I called twice, got the 'longer than 20 nimutes' message then was disconnected. I only wanted two blu-rays. Not worth the hassel for me.

Finally finished my order. Overall took about 45 minutes, not including the half-dozen initial calls that ended in a hangup.

Free shipping at least.

[quote name='rmb']Unless it's a launch 360![/QUOTE]

I still have a problem-free launch 360 if you can believe it. It's used at least twice a week for games and Netflix (my girlfriend will even fall asleep and it stays on all night). It gets used more than my Jasper some weeks.

I'm definitely got lucky with my Xenon because I have a Falcon that died a few weeks ago and just came back from the repair shop.

bread's done
Back