Best Buy RZ in-store 10% off coupons (valid 1/20/10 - 1/25/10 or 1/31 for Silver)

splintercell

CAGiversary!
Yet another batch of Best Buy's printable Reward Zone in-store only 10% off coupons, valid January 20 to January 25, 2010 (extended until January 31 for RZ Silver members). Five coupons total, the second one applies to video games and accessories.

Usual usage scenarios and exclusions apply.

Link (PDF): http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/4/20100120_CoreCoupon_BBY.pdf

Silver member link (PDF) - thanks, iNCREDiPiNOY: http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/4/20100120_PSCoupon_BBY.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
For a while, I got all excited and thought BB is giving away another free game out of nowhere.

anyone think Amazon would PM the 10% coupon on an ME2 pre-order if you called them? or are other companies coupons certainly denied?? Rather save $7 than not saving $7..

[quote name='token2k6']anyone think Amazon would PM the 10% coupon on an ME2 pre-order if you called them? or are other companies coupons certainly denied?? Rather save $7 than not saving $7..[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='token2k6']anyone think Amazon would PM the 10% coupon on an ME2 pre-order if you called them? or are other companies coupons certainly denied?? Rather save $7 than not saving $7..[/QUOTE]
just_say_no.gif

Where do these coupons come from? I'm a silver member and spend a ton at Best Buy monthly yet don't receive these coupons. WTH?

[quote name='egoncalo']Where do these coupons come from? I'm a silver member and spend a ton at Best Buy monthly yet don't receive these coupons. WTH?[/QUOTE]

They used to come via USPS mail but lately, they've switched to email. Make sure that RZ has your correct email address and check your spam folder. I got mine this morning and they are good through the 31st - hello, ME2!

[quote name='yruluis']Damn!! I just bought a wireless router. Could have really used the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can always buy the exact same one with the coupon and return it with the old receipt to save some money.

[quote name='estofan']Well, you can always buy the exact same one with the coupon and return it with the old receipt to save some money.[/QUOTE]

Last one in the store. Could try another one though. Not worth the trouble but would of been nice.

anyone have any advice on some good video game deals to use this on? hate the rule of no sale prices. with tax here, may as well buy just about anywhere online instead, but maybe someone has their eye on a certain game...

Question, if I purchased something but wish to do price adjust, do I just bring in the receipt or do I have to completely return the item(s)?

Question: What's the precedent for these kind of coupons working with B2G1 free deals? This is seen as "double dipping" and the computer won't allow both to go through, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chatgirl4']Question, if I purchased something but wish to do price adjust, do I just bring in the receipt or do I have to completely return the item(s)?[/QUOTE]

Bring your receipt, coupon and the item and go to customer service. Tell them to do a price adjust. If they won't, say you want to return and re-purchase the item on the spot with the coupon. Worked every time for me. :D

Hm, does anyone know if this would work on a Tritton headset? Haven't been to a Best Buy lately with coupons in a long while due to Amazon.

Hmm... This makes the $20 off the Hasbro Family Game Night very tempting. Does anyone know if there would be issues stacking the reward zone coupon with the 10% off?

[quote name='bobbyblane']Hmm... This makes the $20 off the Hasbro Family Game Night very tempting. Does anyone know if there would be issues stacking the reward zone coupon with the 10% off?[/QUOTE]

Very YMMV - most BBs take a hard-line approach to stacking the RZ coupons with any other offer, sale price, etc.

[quote name='menikmati']Hm, does anyone know if this would work on a Tritton headset? Haven't been to a Best Buy lately with coupons in a long while due to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it should work. I used a similar coupon a few months back on a Tritton AX 180, and then exchanged it for a Tritton AX 720, and they even applied the 10% coupon on the exchange.

Does anyone know if these work on pre-orders? Would like to pre-order ME2 CE in the store.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Very YMMV - most BBs take a hard-line approach to stacking the RZ coupons with any other offer, sale price, etc.[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't be hard-line and if they are you should probably report them to corporate. RZ coupons (just to make sure I mean the $5, $10, etc certificates you get from building points) are supposed to be handled as cash/gift cards by the stores. The only difference is you obviously don't get points from the dollars you spend using them. I may be mistaken but I believe the official line on them is that they are good for ANYTHING in the store.

I've used RZ certificates at multiple stores with other discounts and coupons and have never had a problem. I would argue that if they say they aren't sure, ask them to try since the computer shouldn't have any problem doing it, cause it is how it is supposed to work.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']They shouldn't be hard-line and if they are you should probably report them to corporate. RZ coupons (just to make sure I mean the $5, $10, etc certificates you get from building points) are supposed to be handled as cash/gift cards by the stores. The only difference is you obviously don't get points from the dollars you spend using them. I may be mistaken but I believe the official line on them is that they are good for ANYTHING in the store.

I've used RZ certificates at multiple stores with other discounts and coupons and have never had a problem. I would argue that if they say they aren't sure, ask them to try since the computer shouldn't have any problem doing it, cause it is how it is supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

This is correct for certificates but what is being discussed here is a RZ coupon for 10% off, not a certificate. These coupons won't (without getting an override) stack with another deal. As you said though a certificate would work fine with another deal.

[quote name='IronSerif']Yep, it should work. I used a similar coupon a few months back on a Tritton AX 180, and then exchanged it for a Tritton AX 720, and they even applied the 10% coupon on the exchange.

Does anyone know if these work on pre-orders? Would like to pre-order ME2 CE in the store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I actually want to use them on the AX 180's also. Do you happen to know the return policy on the headsets? I wear glasses and I'm picky about headphones that squish my temples.

[quote name='menikmati']Thanks, I actually want to use them on the AX 180's also. Do you happen to know the return policy on the headsets? I wear glasses and I'm picky about headphones that squish my temples.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how many days, but you shouldn't have an issue returning/exchanging if you opened them up. I actually used the AX 180 for 2 or 3 days and decided I liked the quality so much that I wanted to pay a little extra and get the AX 720's. The customer service lady said it was perfectly fine for me to exchange or refund the AX 180's.

Give it a shot and let us know how you like'em!

[quote name='IronSerif']Not sure how many days, but you shouldn't have an issue returning/exchanging if you opened them up. I actually used the AX 180 for 2 or 3 days and decided I liked the quality so much that I wanted to pay a little extra and get the AX 720's. The customer service lady said it was perfectly fine for me to exchange or refund the AX 180's.

Give it a shot and let us know how you like'em![/QUOTE]

IronSerif is right. Returned 2 pair of TB X3's (both opened) 2 separate times without a problem (TB was a hassle to deal with when it came to these). The ir sensor went out on me on both (then figured out it was due to power spikes in the outlet it was in. Forgot to plug it into my APC/UPS with the other stuff). Didn't have their warranty plan either (just the receipt). The customer service lady explained to me that people return these gaming headsets all the time for some reason or another (heads too big, too small, hurts ears, defective, etc).

As long as you're getting the exact same one or a higher priced one you should be ok. Just make sure your BB has the ones you want before walking to customer service (I had to go to 3 to find a store that still had the TB X3).

I'm usually a lurker here, but I had a theory about using these coupons to get Mass Effect 2. First, buy a $59.99 game using the coupon, keep it sealed, then go in on Tuesday and do an exchange. If it's unopened and your doing a straight exchange, not a return, shouldn't they keep the coupon price? Anyone try something like this?

I'd really like to do this since I have some reward zone certificates too.

bread's done
Back