Best Buy RZ Private Shopping Event July 28; $30 RZ cert with pre-order of PS4/One, select game & controller; 2x/3x RZ points

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Just received this in an email:

2lw18hf.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/RewardZone-Shopping-Event/pcmcat245400050009.c?id=pcmcat245400050009

• Sunday July 28th 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
  • 2x Reward Zone points on nearly every purchase, additional points when you use your Best Buy Reward Zone Credit Card
  • 3x Reward Zone points if you spend $1,000 or more
  • Reward Zone scavenger hunt: Enter to win one of 12 $25 Best Buy gift cards or one of 35 nationwide Grand Prizes, 50,000 Reward Zone points
  • Full list of offers available July 24
  • Use the drop down box in the link above to see if your store is participating

Last edited by a moderator:
My location gave out Samsung mini speakers, free code for the first GI Joe movie through cinema now, and a card for 250 RZ points. I preordered the ps4 bundle. The cashier couldn't say if it was a launch bundle or not but he assumed so. He did say though that the Xbox one preorders were reserved for this. I don't know if that's true or not because I never inquired about it prior
My store also gave out the same things plus won a $25 GC in the Scavenger Hunt they were doing. Didn't really have any interesting sales for me but got a goodie bag and gift card which was nice :)

My location gave out Samsung mini speakers, free code for the first GI Joe movie through cinema now, and a card for 250 RZ points. I preordered the ps4 bundle. The cashier couldn't say if it was a launch bundle or not but he assumed so. He did say though that the Xbox one preorders were reserved for this. I don't know if that's true or not because I never inquired about it prior
Anyone in AZ should come to Chandler, we are going to have free pie....and probably all that other stuff.

Anyways, yeah, Xbox preorders have been turned off for a few weeks now. I had to assure a few people today that we could take preorders for it tonight.

My store also gave out the same things plus won a $25 GC in the Scavenger Hunt they were doing. Didn't really have any interesting sales for me but got a goodie bag and gift card which was nice :)
Nice job in winning. I'm still waiting for my winning email, which means I probably didn't win.

Anyone in AZ should come to Chandler, we are going to have free pie....and probably all that other stuff.

Anyways, yeah, Xbox preorders have been turned off for a few weeks now. I had to assure a few people today that we could take preorders for it tonight.
That reminds me, I never saw any food. :cry:

What do those Samsung mini-speakers look like, if anyone can upload some pictures? Are there usually long lines at these events? I'm trying to decide if I should go make it out to one, because the nearest one is still quite a ways away, but free stuff is very nice

I'm bored out of my mind, actually considering going to this now, since I'm on the west coast.

Any DVDs on sale?

Went.  Got a $5 RW code to redeem and won the $25 gift card.  Reserved an Xbox 1 and use a BB RW Credit Card so they won't have a hold in my checkng account.  Also got a small portable speaker and10 UltraViolet movies.  Not a bad haul.

First time ever going to one.. Have to say, really fun experience. Both the girlfriend and I won $25 gift certificates, got the $5 reward zone, kids had apple fritters and sprite, then we all picked out some movies and games. Wasn't expecting to have such a good time.

My location gave out Samsung mini speakers, free code for the first GI Joe movie through cinema now, and a card for 250 RZ points.
I got all of the same things plus the $25 gift card I won. I was the first one to win the gift card for the second time at one of these events.

I bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf for $10.xx and also pre-ordered Arkham Origins. I ended up using $25 in Reward Zone certificates for AC:NL after the cashier noticed I had a lot of certificates. I told her that I'd wait and use them on Origins, but she noticed they would expire before then, so she insisted that I use them now. It slipped my mind that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Rayman Legends come out before then, so I guess I'll have to save the gift card until one of those is released. I'll probably use it on Rayman.

Love these events. This time around I won a $25 gift card and they got away a goodie back with a portable mini Samsung speaker, some cinema now code, a code for $5 reward zone, and a pen. I must say it was pretty good haul.

I wonder if the pre-order that is being offered for XBone is for the Day One edition or the standard edition ... too bad calling the store in advance of the event will likely get nothing but a "duh, I dunno" response
I went to the event tonight, and pre-ordered the XBone and on my receipt it says Day One Edition.

I too won a gift card.

Maybe it's just that no one entered. The previous contest only required texting, but this required a smartphone.

Well there were frustrating things about this event. In SoCal, the Pasadena, CA location was listed as participating but several folks including myself were turned away at the door as the doorguy said that they weren't open and they weren't running any events. That was a huge waste of time, but luckily there's plenty of other locations so I went to the Atwater Village/Glendale one instead.

They also didn't have any food or drink. Previous events at least had free sodas.

Well there were frustrating things about this event. In SoCal, the Pasadena, CA location was listed as participating but several folks including myself were turned away at the door as the doorguy said that they weren't open and they weren't running any events. That was a huge waste of time, but luckily there's plenty of other locations so I went to the Atwater Village/Glendale one instead.

They also didn't have any food or drink. Previous events at least had free sodas.
I went to Burbank one first, which had these little plastic containers of brownies, along with a variety of miniature cans of Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, and small bottles of water. I did go to the Atwater Village location after, but like you, I did not see anything there. I did get an extra goodie bag though, and actually bought something else at that location as well.

In my experience, the Burbank Best Buy is just a better run store in general. It seems a lot better organized, stocked, etc. The only thing the other Best Buy has going for it is that the location is a tiny bit closer to me.

Went tonight. Haven't been to my store in a few weeks. They moved the game section, and the shelves look like they've been hit by a tornado. The selection was very poor - I was surprised they were able to fill my pickup order. It looks like the new consoles can't come soon enough for BB, but even then, I suspect the videogames section won't return to its former state for a long time, if ever.

Went with my wife and cousin and we all won $25 GCs! Didn't get any $5 RZ promos though.

I pre-ordered a PS4, game, and controller, but didn't notice any differences in the process than had I done it any other day. Was there supposed to be some line item on the receipt to show they processed the event promo into the transaction or what?

Went with my wife and cousin and we all won $25 GCs! Didn't get any $5 RZ promos though.

I pre-ordered a PS4, game, and controller, but didn't notice any differences in the process than had I done it any other day. Was there supposed to be some line item on the receipt to show they processed the event promo into the transaction or what?
I don't think so, at least I did not see anything different. I know the $30 RZ credit will not appear until a few weeks after pick-up, and if it doesn't, well I'll just contact customer service and I'm sure they will sort it out.

Neither I nor my wife won anything. I went to two (torrance and el segundo). The first had a Mophie booth, and the second had nothing. Which BB is best to go to in the LA area for company reps giving away stuff?

I went to the one in Atlanta, GA

Preordered PS4, Controller, AC: 4 (PS4), NBA 2K14 (PS4), GTA V, & KH 1.5 ReMIX, unorganized, I had to tell them about the PS4 Preorder $30 Rewards event, also, didn't see it noted on the receipt, but am I correct to assume that on launch day I will have my PS4 console?

I paid for all my pre orders in full, so I should see that total X2 I am assuming.

I got two $5 Rewards Codes, but did not win any GC, I'm sure I would of heard by now.

This was really sketchy.  I remember looking at the ad earlier in the week and seeing my local branch on the list.  Then, a few hours before the event started, I went to confirm it, and it had been removed from the list.  Now I come on here and see that some people had the same experience, seeing their store listed then showing up and getting turned away - leads me to believe that someone at BB was checking how many people were "interested" at each location, and if there weren't enough people showing interest in a particular location, that location got removed from the list.

Really glad I didn't waste my time by driving down there only to find nothing happening.  The other stores are so far away that the amount of gas and time spent to get there makes it not worth the effort.  Sticking with the MS Store for my XBO preorder, and the Sony store for my PS4 preorder.

Preordered PS4, Controller, AC: 4 (PS4), NBA 2K14 (PS4), GTA V, & KH 1.5 ReMIX, unorganized, I had to tell them about the PS4 Preorder $30 Rewards event, also, didn't see it noted on the receipt, but am I correct to assume that on launch day I will have my PS4 console?

I paid for all my pre orders in full, so I should see that total X2 I am assuming.

I got two $5 Rewards Codes, but did not win any GC, I'm sure I would of heard by now.

You would have received an email by 9pm last night if you won.

This was really sketchy. I remember looking at the ad earlier in the week and seeing my local branch on the list. Then, a few hours before the event started, I went to confirm it, and it had been removed from the list. Now I come on here and see that some people had the same experience, seeing their store listed then showing up and getting turned away - leads me to believe that someone at BB was checking how many people were "interested" at each location, and if there weren't enough people showing interest in a particular location, that location got removed from the list.

Really glad I didn't waste my time by driving down there only to find nothing happening. The other stores are so far away that the amount of gas and time spent to get there makes it not worth the effort. Sticking with the MS Store for my XBO preorder, and the Sony store for my PS4 preorder.

The stores would have known weeks in advance as corporate chooses what store does the event based on their sales figures. I'm glad I went, which I never have before, as I received $30 just for showing up.

You would have received an email by 9pm last night if you won.

The stores would have known weeks in advance as corporate chooses what store does the event based on their sales figures. I'm glad I went, which I never have before, as I received $30 just for showing up.
you are lucky, do bestbuy always give out gift card at these promotional events?

They told me that the 2X points doesn't apply for Pre-Orders.

They were really unorganized about the pre-order and I told them about it and they still screwed it up. Now I have to call BB corporate to make sure I still get my $30 in rewards.

Why would you get 2x Reward Zone points for pre-ordering the system? Wouldn't you just get 2x on the $25 dollar deposit?
I was told you don't get the 2x on any of it as you only get points when the transaction is completed ... IE: you pick it up.

They told me that the 2X points doesn't apply for Pre-Orders.

They were really unorganized about the pre-order and I told them about it and they still screwed it up. Now I have to call BB corporate to make sure I still get my $30 in rewards.
post your issue on the bby forum, they are more knowledgeable of the issues.

Got the $5 bonus certificate in the bag and I also won a $25 gift card. Not too bad for 10 minutes of my time.

you are lucky, do bestbuy always give out gift card at these promotional events?

I'm not sure as I never attended them in the past.

I played, but I didn't Win. So I guess not everyone wins...

I did explain prior about why everyone won.... 12 gift cards to give out, only 5 people entered at my store, hence everyone won.

For those with the Cinemanow code, how many digits did your code have?

My card only had 15 digits and it seems the site is expecting 16. It keeps saying my code is invalid.

Most likely yes. Stores were giving away 12 $25 gift cards. At my store, including myself, five people played the trivia game, so everyone won.
When I went to sign for my gift card, I saw the name of somebody who had won 2 of them. Wish it was me, but I can't complain for sure!

Same here. Hmmm . . . I am not even sure if this is worth sending an email out about. Anybody else going to?
I was able to redeem it by logging out, trying to redeem the code, signing in when prompted, then signing in with Ultraviolet when prompted.

Hella hassle.

Neither I nor my wife won anything. I went to two (torrance and el segundo). The first had a Mophie booth, and the second had nothing. Which BB is best to go to in the LA area for company reps giving away stuff?
I always go to the BB in Hawthorne for this event. I was the only one participating in the event when it began, so I easily won the first gift card at 8 PM.

I only got 500 points ($10) for the BF4 preorder on this transaction.  I never got the remaining 1000 points.  Anyone else ever get their points?

I only got 500 points ($10) for the BF4 preorder on this transaction. I never got the remaining 1000 points. Anyone else ever get their points?
reading the op you needed to also buy a controller and the system, did you? If not than you should contact them on the phone.

Yeah I got the whole package (controller, system, and PS4 game).  Ok I'll give them a call.  Did you get this deal and the subsequent $30 RZ?

Edit:  On 12/10 I finally got the points awarded to me.  It was listed as PS4 Preorder Bonus 1500 points.

bread's done
Back