Best Buy RZ question

Jrunt20x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I got a letter in the mail today saying my RZ card was automatically renewed for free. I'm not complaining at all, but I was wondering if all RZ card holders got a free renewal or not?

When my card was up for renewal, BB sent me a coupon for half off the renewal price. So i paid $4.99 for another year. I still say it's a good deal if you spend as much there as i do.

mine was renewed for free, they sent me notification saying it was about to expire, and then shortly after it expired, sent a follow up saying it was renewed

Yeah, they did the same thing for me several months ago. I bought the original membership because I was getting a washer and dryer and I more than made up the $9.99 on that initial purchase. Later in the year I bought a Gamecube, a digital camera, and a $600 LCD monitor (the last for work - reimbursed, but the rewards are mine to keep!). But after a year I stopped going there for anything major and only bought the occasional cheap game. I had no intention of renewing. I think they offered 1/2 off and I ignored it. So then they just up and renewed it. Very strange. Maybe it has something to do with the amount you purchased in the year? I probably had $3000-$4000 with all my work expenses included. We'll see if they do it later this year when I have almost nothing spent (though I did get my PSP there).

However, I don't seem to get any of the special coupons that some people report getting for video games. Maybe that's because I only buy $10 ones...

The reward zone program is great for Best Buy. They figure they will give you time to pay for it, and if you don't, they will renew it for free. It doesn't cost us (I work there) anything to renew you, and odds are, you will give us margin worth more than the $5.00 on every $150 you spend there.

Mine was renewed after one year for free, but it was also free when I started. I think because I had a BB credit card. Then last year they renewed me for less than or about $9. It's a pretty good system, especially if you buy big things like fridges and washing machines.

[quote name='jovherye']Mine was renewed after one year for free, but it was also free when I started. I think because I had a BB credit card. Then last year they renewed me for less than or about $9. It's a pretty good system, especially if you buy big things like fridges and washing machines.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well when I bought the washer and dryer AND opened a BB card to do the no interest financing, they STILL didn't give me the RZ membership. I paid for that as well (on the new card!). Cheap bastards - they *could* have thrown it in for free since I spent over $2000 at once (got that big front-loading LG washer - great washer but it sounds like a damn helicopter when it is in spin cycle and shakes the whole house - we have had LG service people out with no luck)! Oh well, they made up for it with the free renewal I guess.

I have a feeling BBY might be offering "Reward" Zone free real soon since CC is running a simular program now (CC Rewards) which is free. While yes it is part of CC's credit card it is competition to BBY's program.

They are giving them away now when you buy a certain amount on 1 purchase aren't they?

Either way I make more by having it than by not. All the sweet deals I PM there and all the movies and other crap I buy.

[quote name='Santurio']They are giving them away now when you buy a certain amount on 1 purchase aren't they?[/QUOTE]

They should give it away for free period. I don't see grocery stores wanting you to pay $10 to join their savers club, how the fuck should I pay $10 to join a simular program at BBY.

Oh well, guess BBY has got to find a way to get us devils to seperate ourselves from the green in our wallet. Bastards.

bread's done
Back