Best Buy Sale/Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin82485

CAGiversary!
Stopped at Best Buy near Steven's Point, Wisconsin, and got some awesome deals on games for Xbox 360.

Got Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition for $25.99, Saint's Row 2 Collectors Edition for $25.99, Grid for 10.99, and Tom Clancey's End War with wireless headset for $64.99.

There were a bunch of other great games for 360, PS3, and Wii for $25.99 and $10.99, but I had already spent enough so I had to pass on the others. Not sure if it's just this Best Buy, or Best Buy in general. This might belong in the Midwest Deals forum.

Made a few stops at some local Best Buys around Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Not one Goddamned thing for sale. Best Buy in Greenfield, WI has the most obscene amount of SEs, LEs, etc I've ever seen and almost all are full price save for Resistance 2 for 39.99.

Wow, I really wish they would have done that before last semester ended. Might have to make a trip to check it out. Were there many copies of SFIV left?

Hey kevin, YMMV stands for "your mileage may vary" - CAG talk for "this could be a local thing, you might not find this in other areas".

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

Means it is not a company/store-wide sale and typically certain Best Buys will do these sales and sometimes place colored circle stickers on certain games with a sign stating the marked games are XX% off the original price. There is probably 2 out of 8 Best Buys in my area that do this on occasion and the others not at all.

[quote name='kart007k']most likely a YMMV.[/QUOTE]

all BB clearance deals, unless they are an outlet item, are all YMMV deals. clearance items, or "At-Risk" items, which is the term BB uses, are not participated at every store. And the list of items that need to be clearanced may be the same for every store, but its completely up to the managers of each store to decide if they want to just get rid of the item quick before it loses more value, or just trust in their employees to sell them. and sometimes even outlet items will not be priced as such by the store since its up to the managers to make that decision too. my store never clearances their games, since they worry about other things to work on in the department.

I'm wondering coz i cannot find the clearance section in bestbuy.. In target, its easy to find but I'm having a hard time finding in bestbuy.. Any ideas?

[quote name='10kdragon']you got ripped off on the Tom Clancy, they were $39.99 on the website and in my local stores.[/QUOTE]

I think you miss read what I said...it came with a wireless headset. I basically got the game for $15 since the headset is $50 alone. Anyway, I'll probably just return the headset to walmart or something and get $50 back

[quote name='kevin82485']I think you miss read what I said...it came with a wireless headset. I basically got the game for $15 since the headset is $50 alone. Anyway, I'll probably just return the headset to walmart or something and get $50 back[/QUOTE]

NO, He did NOT miss read what you said. Two weeks ago the endwar bundle was on a corporate wide sale for 40 bucks. I picked one up. It came with the head set. 65 bucks is not that great. I picked one up around Christmas time for 50. That is when the game was still new.

[quote name='mistermoravec']NO, He did NOT miss read what you said. Two weeks ago the endwar bundle was on a corporate wide sale for 40 bucks. I picked one up. It came with the head set. 65 bucks is not that great. I picked one up around Christmas time for 50. That is when the game was still new.[/QUOTE]

Well that deal was two weeks ago, and is no longer available here or on their website, so I got the best deal I could at this moment in time. Either way I'm going to come ahead because I'm just going to return each item individually. Just about anywhere you look online has it listed for around $90.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kevin82485']Well that deal was two weeks ago, and is no longer available here or on their website, so I got the best deal I could at this moment in time. Either way I'm going to come ahead because I'm just going to return each item individually. Just about anywhere you look online has it listed for around $90.[/QUOTE]

Your proposition is fraudulent.

[quote name='kevin82485']Stopped at Best Buy near Steven's Point, Wisconsin, and got some awesome deals on games for Xbox 360.

Got Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition for $25.99, Saint's Row 2 Collectors Edition for $25.99, Grid for 10.99, and Tom Clancey's End War with wireless headset for $64.99.

There were a bunch of other great games for 360, PS3, and Wii for $25.99 and $10.99, but I had already spent enough so I had to pass on the others. Not sure if it's just this Best Buy, or Best Buy in general. This might belong in the Midwest Deals forum.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]

are you sure at best buy you got those deals ? can't believe. unless you work at best buy as employee

The OP made two mistakes with this thread.

1) He didn't post his deal/finds in the Best Buy YMMV thread or regional forum where this belongs.

2) He is proposing return fraud.

I propose the whole thread get deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back