Best Buy Save $10 on $75 gaming purchase

[quote name='WestLB']Would this work on Wii Fit this Sunday?[/quote]

says not valid on videogame hardware but Im not sure if that specifically targets console systems only

[quote name='WestLB']Would this work on Wii Fit this Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I believe I've heard of people having success using this coupon on Wii Fit. That said, I'll pick up RB2 next Sunday and get a 1600 points card for $10 after the coupon.

[quote name='crazyj']says not valid on videogame hardware but Im not sure if that specifically targets console systems only[/QUOTE]

Wii Fit is not hardware. It is soundly an accessory, and being as the coupon says "and video game accessories"...

actually the Wii Fit is a gray area. while yes, it is technically an accessorie, sometimes you can pass it off as software since it is a game that is played on the Wii. YMMV on this.

If you're having trouble printing the coupon you can try this:
1 - Open the web page
2 - Press Alt & Prnt Scrn on the keyboard
3 - Open mspaint.exe
4 - CTRL-V to paste.
5 - Print the picture from mspaint.

Nice! I may use this when Force Unleashed comes out, and maybe pick up a Wii points card or something to go with it

[quote name='jgressley']If you're having trouble printing the coupon you can try this:
1 - Open the web page
3 - Open mspaint.exe
4 - CTRL-V to paste.
5 - Print the picture from mspaint.[/QUOTE]
what does pressing alt do? I usually just press the print screen button...

My girl brought home a school newspaper that had a BB coupon. I tried to look online but with no luck. I did find one that was almost identical.......it expires in 10 days (9/14):

giftcardfs3.jpg

[quote name='blackbird3216']what does pressing alt do? I usually just press the print screen button...[/quote]

PrtScn = desktop
Alt+PrtScn = active window

Cool! No reason not to use this. When Spore is out, I'll go grab that and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. :)

Thank you, OP! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jgressley']If you're having trouble printing the coupon you can try this:
1 - Open the web page
3 - Open mspaint.exe
4 - CTRL-V to paste.
5 - Print the picture from mspaint.[/quote]

The simplest way is "Right Click and hit print".

I've never found the $10 off $75 useful, but I may have to use it on the Rock Band 2 drums since they are $10 cheaper than everywhere else, thus far.

Got a question for Ryne about that Gift card coupon. Do you know what size the coupon should be i.e. what size it should print at on regular printer paper.

Plus, would it work like that or would they give me a hard time (never used a coupon at Best Buy before).

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']can it be multiple items? I may use that on my purchase of Rock Band 2 and Force Unleashed.[/quote]
Yes, any combination of one or more games and/or accessories. Could be one game that's $75 or more, or a bunch of cheap ones with accessories mixed in. In fact, if you need padding, the usual Best Buy $5 game preorders count toward the total as well.

[quote name='donkeed157']Got a question for Ryne about that Gift card coupon. Do you know what size the coupon should be i.e. what size it should print at on regular printer paper.

Plus, would it work like that or would they give me a hard time (never used a coupon at Best Buy before).[/quote]
I don't know the size it should be....thats the size its on the web. The paper copy I have is about the same size, if not identical. If you are worried about getting a hard time, go when they are busy. They usually try to get you in/out quickly, so the line moves fast. If asked, tell them you got it in an email....can't hurt. Just make sure you cut out the coupon from the paper, so the ImageShack url doesn't show when you give it to them....that might draw attention.

edit: I would at least make it big enough so they can see the numbers under the bars, in case they have to enter it manually.

I'm a a bit surprised that this thread fell to the second page.
With Rock band 2 coming out soon, this could really help.

[quote name='sunnysky']Does BB pricematch Gamestop.
Gamestop is selling the Rock band drum set for 49. Not a bad price.[/quote]
You have to have an actual paper ad. They told me awhile back that they stopped calling other stores to verify; I'm guessing to make it harder for the customer to have something price matched. You can also bring a store ad (placed next to items) and bring that in also. Maybe they were BSing me but I've been told it a couple of times since the first time.

Edit: I only use these $10 off $75 if I have BB Reward Bucks coming my way. Right now I have $40, so I might use this in the near future.

Actually, I just got a $80 card directly from "Best Buy Consumer Relations" as an apology for taking a full week to send out my Ipod for repair.
So I'm pretty sure I'll be taking advantage of this deal.
Also, the Gamestop drumkit for 49 is in their circular. So BB should take that for a price match.

Although the coupon states it can't be combined with other deals, does anyone know if you could also use Best Buy Reward Zone bucks along with the coupon? IMO it's more like store credit then an added on coupon.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Although the coupon states it can't be combined with other deals, does anyone know if you could also use Best Buy Reward Zone bucks along with the coupon? IMO it's more like store credit then an added on coupon.[/quote]
The RZ bucks are a form of payment, not any sort of offer or deal, so you use them pretty much as you would cash. There is no stacking or combining involved at all.

I almost got to use this coupon today; I grabbed Disgaea 3 ($49.99), and Sega Superstars Tennis ($16.96 PM @ CC), and I needed something else to make it $75; I grabbed something that was about $15, but it wasn't a videogame thing, so I called 3 friends to see if they wanted me to grab anything for them (mentioning I could easily grab the one other Sega Tennis, or probably PM something else from the CC list, or grab whatever at BB's price), but there were no takers.

Realising I left my RZ certificate at home, I decided to go ahead and buy the Tennis (get the RZ points) since they already set up the PM for me, and put Disgaea back until I figure out something else to buy and bring my cert.

That was fun.

Does anyone know if this coupon can be used with PC games, or is it limited to console games?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

I had a $50 gift card, so it was finally time to pick up Boom Blox, got a Wii Points card and the Nyko gun for the Wii. I think something technically didn't count as Game Accessory (possibly the points card?) because it didn't ring up right, but the manager did an override to give it to me anyway.

Pretty much pays for tax, but it was still nice since I had already been looking at getting all the above.

I used it to buy Facebreaker and since I needed something to get it up to $75, I bought a PS2 controller. Nice thing is, the clerk took the $10 off Facebreaker, how I would have wanted it. Best of all, I'll just end up returning the PS2 controller and getting the game for $10 cheaper.

WOOT for great coupons.

I used this sucker today to get :360: Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition for $10!

I had gone in to get NHL 09 and a 1600pt card using the coupon...but I saw a rack of 50% off games, and DMC4CE was on it, marked $49.99. So I figured wtf, it's $15 after the coupon...however, it rang up $39.99, and after the 50% and coupon, $10!

CAG'ing at it's finest...

I love this coupon and the OP. Just got a new 360 so I got:

Nyko Charge Base ($35) Cooling Fan ($25) and Wii Nyko Charge Base ($30)

Then yesterday I had to pick up a 360 Wireless adapter - come out around $96 after coupon (wasn't much of a savings but I pretended it was to soften the $100 blow to get online :cry:)

[quote name='fenixrisingxl']Does anyone know if this coupon can be used with PC games, or is it limited to console games?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

I used it to get Spore GE, but it didn't work on its own... they had to come and override it, and it seemed they were on the fence about doing so. PC games are classified as computer software, a separate category. Still, you should be able to argue the point based on the coupon's language. Good luck!

Rock Band 2 drums don't come out for another month.

Does it work on the 360 Hard Drive? Just curious. If I could somehow get 2 coupons to bring it below $100, I would definitely get one.

[quote name='KingBroly']Rock Band 2 drums don't come out for another month.[/QUOTE]

According to BB.com, my local Best Buy has RB2 drums in stock.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']thanks OP, will bump this up and see if I can use it on a set of Rock Band 2 drums[/quote]

The drums are out, and I used this coupon on the drum set already.

[quote name='SniDa']The drums are out, and I used this coupon on the drum set already.[/QUOTE]

As did I, and the accursed things don't work. Crosstalk between yellow and blue. I've put in an RMA; we'll see what happens.

Drums are definitely available. I just wish they'd get the guitar in stock, my Les Paul's tilt being a pain to get working annoys the hell out of me.

[quote name='SniDa']The drums are out, and I used this coupon on the drum set already.[/QUOTE]
were you able to get the online price of 79.99 for these? I don't want to pay more than the online price just to end up paying the same with the coupon.

[quote name='M1C13']were you able to get the online price of 79.99 for these? I don't want to pay more than the online price just to end up paying the same with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

$79.99 at my store. Hurry up and use the coupon for effectively $20 off.

[quote name='dafunkk12']$79.99 at my store. Hurry up and use the coupon for effectively $20 off.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, got the drums for $69.99 before tax. And the drums are pure sex, so much better and more responsive than the original drums. For the $20 difference between these and the RB1 drums it's no contest.

bread's done
Back