Best Buy save 10% on a single item Movers Coupon in the Change your address envelope

Sorry if this question was already asked but I did not see it, can you us the 10%/coupon in store to purchase BestBuy gift card?
My understanding is that you can not, the exclusions of the coupon says so. However, people have had success getting visa gift cards, those have an activation fee of 6 dlls so the best way to take advantage of those is buying the $200 card which will end up at ~$185.

YMMV though since the exclusions clearly say no gift cards, the system allows it, but not so sure about your rep.

Now a question of my own guys.

If I have a 10% off one item coupon and I buy several in one transaction, which one will be discounted? the most expensive/cheap?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I'm stopping by my local Best Buy to pre order the Destiny bundle and use my final movers coupon. Some members have posted that they will return/rebuy the system when it's released? What's the purpose for this? Is it to use the RZ certificates from the initial purchases ?
Assuming those posters preordered prior to the mover's coupon availability, using a RZ cert is certainly one reason. Also in order to use the coupon, you'd have to cancel and reorder. You might as well do a return/rebuy when you pick it up...one less step to do.

Makes sense. The movers coupon works on the pre-order online so I assume it will work in store. I'll just hand over the visa prepaids I've collected and any current RZ certs. Any rewards I receive from the pre-order itself can go towards something else sometime down the line. I can just hold on to them and put them towards super smash bros or any other holiday release

Assuming those posters preordered prior to the mover's coupon availability, using a RZ cert is certainly one reason. Also in order to use the coupon, you'd have to cancel and reorder. You might as well do a return/rebuy when you pick it up...one less step to do.

Makes sense. The movers coupon works on the pre-order online so I assume it will work in store. I'll just hand over the visa prepaids I've collected and any current RZ certs. Any rewards I receive from the pre-order itself can go towards something else sometime down the line. I can just hold on to them and put them towards super smash bros or any other holiday release

Thanks OP went a while back to my local post offices and got 2 of the coupons for BestBuy. A while back I used one of them for a Visa Card and it worked perfectly good on it and didn't even have it pay the fee they usually charge on them. Then last week I used the second one a a AC unit which took off around 30 dollars from it :bouncy: Guess am gonna have to make another trip to the post office really soon lol 

After reading this post went out to the post office to pick up movers pack. turns out the 10% BB coupon was there. I was able to get 2, sent my wife right after and she manage to get 4. I went to BB and purchased a PS4, a Laptop for her and a few games for myself as well and sure enough it worked for entire purchase. Each Item had its discount. Saved a good amount w/ 1 coupon. It also Stacked w/ GCU! 

Yes you can use the coupon with GCU. However I have been unable to use the coupon online with games. Here is how is calculated in store:
$39.99 game
-$4.00 coupon (movers)
-$7.20 GCU,
$28.79.

So the GCU discount applies to the price after the movers discount.
Thanks for this!

One question, where in the store might one be most likely to find the VGCs? Thanks in advance!

Anyone willing to part with an online 10% code? My friend is wanting to order the deal of the day tv.

I could trade a gamestop 50% trade coupon or something

Thanks for this!

One question, where in the store might one be most likely to find the VGCs? Thanks in advance!
They're normally mixed in with the regular BB GCs. Either a free standing rack or part of the racks that make up the checkout line has been pretty regular.

Some members have posted that they will return/rebuy the system when it's released? What's the purpose for this? Is it to use the RZ certificates from the initial purchases ?
Hell no it takes 14 days to get the MBB pts if you return/rebuy then they`ll deduct 500 MBB pts from your account. The purpose of the return/rebuy is to open the box & trade Destiny in for $40-$45 gc then use that as payment towards the PS4. As long as you pre-order the console or the game & te return/rebuy is done during release week you`ll still get the $10 pre-order credit.

If done correctly the destiny bundle goes from $450 to $335 + tax w/$15 credit if Destiny has a $40 TIV $330 if destiny gets $45.

Hell no it takes 14 days to get the MBB pts if you return/rebuy then they`ll deduct 500 MBB pts from your account. The purpose of the return/rebuy is to open the box & trade Destiny in for $40-$45 gc then use that as payment towards the PS4. As long as you pre-order the console or the game & te return/rebuy is done during release week you`ll still get the $10 pre-order credit.

If done correctly the destiny bundle goes from $450 to $335 + tax w/$15 credit if Destiny has a $40 TIV $330 if destiny gets $45.
Would this be necessary to do if I have enough GC to pay the whole balance?

Would this be necessary to do if I have enough GC to pay the whole balance?
It`s up to you depends on if you`re trying get it for the lowest price & if you want destiny really. Alot of ppl seem to want the white console or a PS4 in general for as close to $300 as possible so this is one way.

It`s up to you depends on if you`re trying get it for the lowest price & if you want destiny really. Alot of ppl seem to want the white console or a PS4 in general for as close to $300 as possible so this is one way.
I already have a Limited Edition preordered so might as well trade in the Destiny copy included in the white PS4 bundle in order to get the lowest price for it? Am I missing something? Or is it just the 10% movers coupon?

So there's been a lot of Visa card posts, but can you do the exact same thing (GC + viable filler item) with the Amazon GCs they have in store?

I already have a Limited Edition preordered so might as well trade in the Destiny copy included in the white PS4 bundle in order to get the lowest price for it? Am I missing something? Or is it just the 10% movers coupon?
If you use 1 coupon making the bundle $405 + tax, then trade destiny in from that for a $40-$45 gc

Or

Pay $450 not using the coupon, trade destiny in for $40-$45, return/rebuy using the coupon making it again $405. However, now you can pay part of the $405 using the gc dropping it from $405 to $360-$365. If you got 2 VGC using another coupon that`s an additional $30 off the $360-$365 & if those were purchased early enough those MBB points add another $5 that can further reduce the $360-$365. So $450 drops to $325-$330 but you need 2 mover`s coupons.

So there's been a lot of Visa card posts, but can you do the exact same thing (GC + viable filler item) with the Amazon GCs they have in store?
Don`t think it works on AMZ/PSN/XB1 but you could still use the VGC to buy any of those getting a free $15 worth per $200 or just use it directly on AMZ.

Of course if you sell Destiny then return/rebuy you run the risk of getting someone who says you need to have the game with it. It's actually happened to me before with the Zelda 3ds, I wanted to use $40 in gift cards and forgot to repack the game.

Of course if you sell Destiny then return/rebuy you run the risk of getting someone who says you need to have the game with it. It's actually happened to me before with the Zelda 3ds, I wanted to use $40 in gift cards and forgot to repack the game.
If you do it all in the same trip you only need the receipt, tell the manager your wife/gf purchased it but forgot to use the gc & cert. They can easily look at the receipt & confirm under 1 hr from the purchase & rebuy in the same store.

I've read pretty much all of the posts but I was wondering if there was any confirmation of using the new 10% off the purchase coupon with multiple VGC's on one transaction.

I just want to make sure that I can multiple $200 Visa GC's w/ the purchase of Madden 15, so that I don't have to buy multiple filler items. Thanks.

If you do it all in the same trip you only need the receipt, tell the manager your wife/gf purchased it but forgot to use the gc & cert. They can easily look at the receipt & confirm under 1 hr from the purchase & rebuy in the same store.
Great now you are teaching others about return fraud...

If you use 1 coupon making the bundle $405 + tax, then trade destiny in from that for a $40-$45 gc

Or

Pay $450 not using the coupon, trade destiny in for $40-$45, return/rebuy using the coupon making it again $405. However, now you can pay part of the $405 using the gc dropping it from $405 to $360-$365. If you got 2 VGC using another coupon that`s an additional $30 off the $360-$365 & if those were purchased early enough those MBB points add another $5 that can further reduce the $360-$365. So $450 drops to $325-$330 but you need 2 mover`s coupons.
So you are saying that you can use the mover's coupon twice? One using it online to pre-order, and one using it again in-store when doing the return/rebuy? I also have about $90 in RZ certificate to use too...

I still have a hard time believing it works on consoles...
Dude, I bought a 3DS XL $130 or something and Nintendo Wii U 32GB console when it was $260 I think and got it for $200 using the mover's coupon.

It does work.

I've read pretty much all of the posts but I was wondering if there was any confirmation of using the new 10% off the purchase coupon with multiple VGC's on one transaction.

I just want to make sure that I can multiple $200 Visa GC's w/ the purchase of Madden 15, so that I don't have to buy multiple filler items. Thanks.
yes the one that expires 11/15 and is good on "your next purchase" works on multiple VGCs and multiple games and consoles, in store.

The online code only works on consoles and blu rays, does not work on games (current or pre-order).

I havent seen these packs for years.  My PO and ones near it in NJ all have cards that tell you to go online.

to the poster who asked about multiple Visa GC in one purchase.  I've done it twice, the latest last week.  However, I'd suggest that you put in some sort of filler item as the T&C on the back says you can't use them on GCs.  It's just in case you get a rep who reads the back.  Then just tell them you want the 10% for the filler item.  They scan it and it will apply to all of the items, incl. the VGCs.  By then, they either won't see it or won't likely care enough to do anything about it.

On the outside of the envelopes, does it show Best Buy?  It sucks because my packs didn't have Best Buy coupons, but it also didn't show them on the outside of the envelope either.  There were only the coupons shown on the envelope included in them.

I love all the people not moving taking advantage of this, so when I actually move next Spring and could probably use this for a new appliance it will be nerfed. I hope saving 4$ on a tv season/video game is worth screwing over thousands of people who could truly use/deserve this. I personally will laugh my butt off if the post office catchs on to you guys and someone gets taken downtown for defrauding your post office, and of course then you will come onto this very thread and say #bannedfrommypostofficelol.

10% of 260 is 26 so you got the wii u for 234$ lol
You'd be surprised on the many people who can't do math XD. But hopefully he means $200 out of pocket and had certificates or gift cards
He most likely meant, in addition to other flips/credits.
Sunrisecityrider was correct. There was nothing wrong with my math at all for your information fellas or gals. An error on my part. I forgot to mention I had a couple of certificates and a gift card at the time of purchase for my Wii U.

Sunrisecityrider was correct. There was nothing wrong with my math at all for your information fellas or gals. An error on my part. I forgot to mention I had a couple of certificates and a gift card at the time of purchase for my Wii U.
Hehe I know you knew your stuff that is why I added gift cards, certificates. Flips kind of past my mind. But my statement still stands for some other users out there :p

Will the coupon work with pre-ordering the Destiny PS4 bundle or do I have to just buy the regular ps4 since it expires on the 31st? Thanks!

Will the coupon work with pre-ordering the Destiny PS4 bundle or do I have to just buy the regular ps4 since it expires on the 31st? Thanks!
If you preorder it online it will work. Of course you have the have the coupon that have the online code on that back as well which there are two different movers coupons.

If you preorder it online it will work. Of course you have the have the coupon that have the online code on that back as well which there are two different movers coupons.
Is the online one in the movers pack as well? Going to get one from the post office tomorrow. Called BB and they said they can't apply the code in store to pre-order items. But I can always just get the regular ps4 I suppose lol

Is the online one in the movers pack as well? Going to get one from the post office tomorrow. Called BB and they said they can't apply the code in store to pre-order items. But I can always just get the regular ps4 I suppose lol
If you have a up to date coupon in the movers pack. It will have an code right on the back of the coupon itself.

So you are saying that you can use the mover's coupon twice? One using it online to pre-order, and one using it again in-store when doing the return/rebuy? I also have about $90 in RZ certificate to use too...
Assuming you have the coupon that expires in Nov.

1- Pay $5 in-store to pre-order destiny
2- During #1 buy two $200 VGC using 1 physical movers coupon
3- If #2 is done fast enough those pts will post in time to be used when you buy the console
4- When the destiny bundle comes out go in-store buy it using the 2nd movers coupon

Get refund for your $5 pre-order
$450 drops to $405, minus the $5 pre-order it`s $400. You have $90 in certs plus the $5 earned from #2 making the $400 drop to $305. $30 of the 2 VGC is already profit thanks to the coupon so the $305 drops to $275. So $275 for the destiny bundle.

If you don`t want destiny then follow the post you quoted except you don`t start @ #4 above until AFTER getting rid of destiny. Then the $275 is further reduced by $40-$45 or the lowest possible price OOP. Plus one of your VGC will have plenty of credit left on it.

Make sense?

You could trade your expiring coupon for a newer one. All you have to do is pre-order the games destiny then buy the console outright in-store using the physical coupon. You will still recieve the $10 pre-order credit.

Just pre ordered destiny using the 10 percent coupon and used 300 in certs :)
The reward certs actually work on Preorders now? Last time i tried using them on a preorder didn't go through and i lost my rewards (System somehow used them) and had to call them to get my points back.

bread's done
Back