Best Buy screwed up on pm

snoser

CAG Veteran
So I decide to pick up some platinum hits from CC and to my dissapointment, they didn't have any of the titles I wanted. I then go to BB and bought the games I wanted and did a pm. While I was paying, I noticed that I was paying an unusally high amount but I didn't say anything. As soon as I got out of the store, I looked at the receipt and sure enough, she charged me an extra dollar. Think there is some way to profit from this?

Think maybe I can bring some negative press to this store? Their customer service sucks and all they care about is money. I tried using a $5 coupon but they wouldn't let me....the manager there was being an ass about it too, saying that it was one or the other and it was too bad that I couldn't use it even though he could've manually change the price by himself. This is also the place where a friend of mine got a defective dvd, exchanged it and the customer rep put a scratch on the case when he/she was trying to get it out and didn't even bother apoligizing to my friend. I've had many horror stories with this particular Best Buy and I don't think I would ever want to shop there again unless they had a deal which was too good to pass up...

[quote name='snoser']So I decide to pick up some platinum hits from CC and to my dissapointment, they didn't have any of the titles I wanted. I then go to BB and bought the games I wanted and did a pm. While I was paying, I noticed that I was paying an unusally high amount but I didn't say anything. As soon as I got out of the store, I looked at the receipt and sure enough, she charged me an extra dollar. Think there is some way to profit from this?

Think maybe I can bring some negative press to this store? Their customer service sucks and all they care about is money. I tried using a $5 coupon but they wouldn't let me....the manager there was being an ass about it too, saying that it was one or the other and it was too bad that I couldn't use it even though he could've manually change the price by himself. This is also the place where a friend of mine got a defective dvd, exchanged it and the customer rep put a scratch on the case when he/she was trying to get it out and didn't even bother apoligizing to my friend. I've had many horror stories with this particular Best Buy and I don't think I would ever want to shop there again unless they had a deal which was too good to pass up...[/QUOTE]

*plink plink*

Dave

you're finding a way to complain about a dollar? we may be cheap, but we don't pinch pennies.

[quote name='2poor']you're finding a way to complain about a dollar? we may be cheap, but we don't pinch pennies.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself!

[quote name='snoser']While I was paying, I noticed that I was paying an unusally high amount but I didn't say anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snoser']I looked at the receipt and sure enough, she charged me an extra dollar.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Why didn't you tell them you thought you were overcharged?[/QUOTE]
Ditto?

Also, regarding your use of the GGC...
1) You can't combine it with sales, price matching, other deals etc. unless you get a really incompetent sales associate.
2) Even if they did combine deals, your pricematching of CC (which I believe has platinum hits for 2 for $25) would bring the game value below $19.99, and the coupon would no longer qualify since the game has to be $19.99 or more for some GGCs (other are more).

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']
Also, regarding your use of the GGC...
1) You can't combine it with sales,[/QUOTE]

Since when?

I combine it with sale prices all the time, and never have had it be a problem. Or do you mean sales like the 2 for 25, and not sale prices?

[quote name='Roufuss']Since when?

I combine it with sale prices all the time, and never have had it be a problem. Or do you mean sales like the 2 for 25, and not sale prices?[/QUOTE]
I was referring mainly to the price matching, since the 2 for $25 is not a BB sale. I know that at best is YMMV. As for regular sales, I thought the coupon said it could not be combined with other offers and coupons but whatnot, but I forget.

Edited to add: Reading the GGC thread, it does work with sale items, even tho it says it cannot be combined w/ other deals? *shrug* But then there was also a period when it worked for games < $19.99... Probably depends on your employee.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I was referring mainly to the price matching, since the 2 for $25 is not a BB sale. I know that at best is YMMV. As for regular sales, I thought the coupon said it could not be combined with other offers and coupons but whatnot, but I forget.[/QUOTE]

It says that, but I've never had the computer or an employee stop it on me...

Gotten alot of GBA games for 20 bucks, when they used to put them on sale for 24.99.

[quote name='Roufuss']It says that, but I've never had the computer or an employee stop it on me...[/QUOTE]
I wish I could say the same about the Best Buys I go to :\

I hate it when strippers look at you for more money when you give them a single dollar bill. It's like.. unless you can do magic tricks with it, then I'll give you an extra dollar bill.

But at least I give the bartender a dollar bill for a tip. It's good karma.. pays off with stronger drinks next time!

I just bought a CD from BB on Saturday and had the same thing happen to me. Only difference is that they overcharged me $3.15, not $1.00. I went back and got my money. :)

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I was referring mainly to the price matching, since the 2 for $25 is not a BB sale. I know that at best is YMMV. As for regular sales, I thought the coupon said it could not be combined with other offers and coupons but whatnot, but I forget.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the coupon says that it isn't able to be combined with other offers. I had an argument with a BB employee about what an offer is, though, because I don't see their price matching as one. It's a store policy, not a coupon or advertisement.

I usually just go across the street to CC now, since they always seem to have the better prices, and they're more willing to take a GGC coupon that BB is.

They over charged you a buck..... At my BB when i PM i just walk in and tell them how much CC and WM are selling them for, they dont check flyers or call over, i get new release movies for like 12 bucks some times, either they don't care, too lazy to call over, or hate their job

[quote name='cheezhead430']wow, i think everybody agrees that this guy overreacted quite a bit[/QUOTE]

That and he could have turned around when he realized he got "overcharged" and got his dollar bill back.

Im not pissed about what happened to me....but I was in there yesterday, and I tried to buy the New Starwars Episode III for xbox. It qwas marked for 29.99, and he didnt give it to me because that is not what is in their system. From my experience, most places are supposed to and WILL give you the marked price...they didnt. oh well

bread's done
Back