Best Buy, Select Nintendo Games Buy 1 Get 1 50% off.

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat318500050007&type=category

In the weekly ad but felt it deserved it's own thread.

It breaks down to 25% off each game, but when you also have GCU it becomes an even better deal.

The Wii U games end up at $90 for two, while the 3DS games end up at $60 for two.

GCU members will end up with $71.98 for two Wii U games, and $47.98 for two 3DS games. (Before tax)

The list includes Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Zelda ALTTP, Pokemon X & Y, The New Mario Party for the 3DS, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and a few others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up 3DW tonight, currently enjoying the heck out of this amazing gem of a game. Any chance I could do a return/rebuy tomorrow and pick up WWHD for 25?

Someone with GCU be a good guy and buy me wind waker hd if you can''t find a second game and i'll pay you for it :) You get mario for what ever cheapness and i get wind waker for cheapness and together we are cheapy.

I haven't even used my $30 renewal coupon yet and already saved over $30. Skiizim is you ever need anything just shoot me a call, I got you covered.
I knew you had it, I just didn't want to burden you with anything more with all the shit you got going on.

lol... Also, stop tossing GCU around. A lot of us don't have it. =(
That's not out fault! We tryed to convince people when they kept saying "GCU isn't worth it". But anyway many of us DO have it, which is why I included the separate values for each.

That's not out fault! We tryed to convince people when they kept saying "GCU isn't worth it". But anyway many of us DO have it, which is why I included the separate values for each.
Don't get me wrong, I had it when it first came out but never renewed it since the coupons were getting lame, I wasn't trading anything in, and BBY was being a pain with their own coupons.

80 dollars doesnt seem like a great deal
It's either $90, or its $72 (Plus tax for either), but for nintendo games, they rarely drop or go on sale. Its not a GREAT deal for regular members, but its still decent, and for people with GCU its pretty amazing (Close to buy 1, get 1 for $10 more.)

I underestimated how crazy some sales get with an extra 20% off the top, I find myself spending REAL money.... WTH!

It's either $90, or its $72 (Plus tax for either), but for nintendo games, they rarely drop or go on sale. Its not a GREAT deal for regular members, but its still decent, and for people with GCU its pretty amazing (Close to buy 1, get 1 for $10 more.)

I underestimated how crazy some sales get with an extra 20% off the top, I find myself spending REAL money.... WTH!
thats why I am not a member of gcu

I was told by the BB associate that the GCU 20% only came off msrp purchases. I have gcu and it didn't pull anything off during my black Friday spree. :whistle2:\

I was told by the BB associate that the GCU 20% only came off msrp purchases. I have gcu and it didn't pull anything off during my black Friday spree. :whistle2:\
Were you buying through a phone rep? Because that associate was flat wrong. It takes 20% off of new games, meaning new at ANY price.

You might wanna check to see if the orders had been properly tied to your account. I and many others on here can tell you from experience that from MSRP to the cheapest sale price the 20% DOES come off.

I took the $71.98 from my order total of two copies of Super Mario 3D World a couple hours ago (Already had all the other Wii U games, and figured I could sell/trade/gift the second copy).

Whenever an associate tells you something specific, assume they are wrong. It is the sad truth but that's the way it is. Just like at gamestop when I need to explain their own promos to them, at best buy they have the best deals, but not the brightest crayons in the packs as employees, whether they were misinformed, or just assume something, most times they are wrong.

Posted this in another thread, but if anyone with GCU would be kind enough to order me Mario 3d world and Wind Waker, I'd appreciate it and would paypal you the money back.

For further negotiations pm me. Maybe we can work out some kind of deal involving sharing my amazon prime membership and your gcu unlocked membership

Thanks for the heads up!

Didn't know my GCU was still valid until 2/2014

Picked up Zelda Wind Waker and Super Mario 3d World and applied  $15 bux i had in rewards certificates...

Really slick for about $58 total!

Cause that's what trolls value the happiness of children at.
None of those games are for young children. They are for older children and adults. They all seem extremely mediocre too. Speaking of which, I own a wind Waker Wii U and didn't buy any games for it yet. Nothing worth buying at these prices.

Thanks OP. Somehow overlooked this in the weekly ad thread, but have been looking for a good deal on Luigi's Mansion & the new Zelda. 40% off after the sale and GCU discount works for me.

Eh, I prefer the title everyone on the internet has been throwing around. Super Mario HD Land.
Might as well call the game what it really is after all...

Still, if I had GCU, HD Land + Pikmin 3 would be an insta-buy. As it stands I think I'll wait for a B2G1 that will inevitably hit in the few months or so after the holidays.
B2G1..... Mathematically, wouldn't that be the same as B1G1 50% off! except it would force you to pay for two games?

B2G1..... Mathematically, wouldn't that be the same as B1G1 50% off! except it would force you to pay for two games?
Not exactly. But that's not why I think I wanna wait. There's one more WiiU game I am interested in (at least until SSB comes out in 2015 lol). I'd rather wait a few months and pay $120 for the whole bunch than $90 for two now and $60 for the last at some other time. I've got plenty to play and, barring Pikmin 3, nothing on WiiU looks particularly good so I don't mind waiting.

Last edited:
Why does W101 Never go on sale, get discounted, or is never a part of promotions? I've heard good things about the game, but damn, it's been out for a while now. Sixty bucks for Zelda is one thing, you know what you're gonna get, you know? But 101 is a new IP, you'd think they would want to grab as many people to play it as they can.

I really wish I could pull the trigger on something besides 3D World...would be good to get in this deal for the Wii U I'll buy next year.

Why does W101 Never go on sale, get discounted, or is never a part of promotions? I've heard good things about the game, but damn, it's been out for a while now. Sixty bucks for Zelda is one thing, you know what you're gonna get, you know? But 101 is a new IP, you'd think they would want to grab as many people to play it as they can.
Soon, I'm sure. Platinum games always tank in value after a few months.

Already bought SMW3D and WW with this deal. Wish there were more 3DS games included with this sale. Would love to get Luigi's Mansion, but no other 3DS games on the list interest me. Too bad Mario and Luigi: Dream Team isn't included. Maybe I will combine it with New Super Luigi U.

Is there a reason to get NSMBU over Luigi U?

Already bought SMW3D and WW with this deal. Wish there were more 3DS games included with this sale. Would love to get Luigi's Mansion, but no other 3DS games on the list interest me. Too bad Mario and Luigi: Dream Team isn't included. Maybe I will combine it with New Super Luigi U.

Is there a reason to get NSMBU over Luigi U?
You can play as Mario in NSMBU.

W101 didn't sell or review too well.  I really dont understand why its not part of promotions.  I love the game to death (my favorite wii u games of the 15+ I played),  but I don't expect everyone to take that risk for 60$.   Even as a huge platinum fan, I waited a week or two from release to get b2g1 free and basically pay 40 dollars for it.

However, since its a nintendo IP,  I don't know how fast the price would drop. They can be pretty stubborn about prices I wouldn't be shocked if it stayed 60 dollars through next year.

tried to do two different transactions but it wouldn't take off the 50% plus the gamer unlocked on the 2nd order........sadness

tried to do two different transactions but it wouldn't take off the 50% plus the gamer unlocked on the 2nd order........sadness
On second orders for promos like this try the mobile site, always seems to work.

Just m.bestbuy.com even from a computer, its a bit wonky to navigate on a pc but it works. Worth a shot.

Not sure how I'm still GCU until early next year (though I'm elite plus til early next year), but happy to have gotten in on this deal for the even greater discount. May get another pair of games before this deal ends.

bread's done
Back