Best Buy: Skyrim Collector's Edition PS3/X360/PC 99.99

dyeknom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Best Buy has lowered the price of their Collector's Edition of Skyrim for both the Playstation 3 and X360 to 99.99.

If you somehow missed this during their previous b2g1, etc. sales... This will be of particular interest for all of those who picked it up at the 149.99 price tag, because it's NOT an outlet center deal... so price match away.

X360: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Eld...+360/3244621.p?id=1218391155441&skuId=3244621

PS3: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Eld...18391166264&skuId=3244767&st=skyrim&lp=7&cp=1

PC: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Eld...18391161092&skuId=3244785&st=skyrim&lp=9&cp=1

As a side note: they did also drop the GoW3 Epic Edition to the same price.

[quote name='Motoki']PC version is also on sale

I'm tempted but the Cheap Ass Gamer in me wonders if it will go even further down in price if I wait.

I wonder how many of these they produced. Clearly more than they could sell at $149, but is it more than they can sell at $99?[/QUOTE]

Edited to reflect, thanks!

[quote name='Motoki']I wonder how many of these they produced. Clearly more than they could sell at $149, but is it more than they can sell at $99?[/QUOTE]

Yes. We'll be swimming in $50 CEs before the end of January (okay, that's probably a stretch, but I'd bet on it being cheaper).

[quote name='UNC5052']I think you don't have to pay tax if you use a reward certificate.[/QUOTE]
Correct, but you won't be able to use a $100 RZ certificate for just this one item though...

I got two collector's editions with a Kinect Adventures as part of the buy 2 get 1 free. I just called in and should be getting a $50 credit. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='Numidian']I got two collector's editions with a Kinect Adventures as part of the buy 2 get 1 free. I just called in and should be getting a $50 credit. Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

I was tempted to call but then isnt it obvious to CS you exploited a glitch? PMs are actually followed up on by a separate department and then credited a week later after they investigate. I'm not sure I want more attention to a previous glitch.

[quote name='Donut2922']I was tempted to call but then isnt it obvious to CS you exploited a glitch? PMs are actually followed up on by a separate department and then credited a week later after they investigate. I'm not sure I want more attention to a previous glitch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand your point, but what are they going to do? I honestly don't know what the worst consequence would be except a rejected price adjustment. Hey, who knows? Maybe I'll get a price adjustment up. That'll be a hell of a story.

[quote name='Rainman']tempted but the CE does not appear to be part of the buy 2 get one free.[/QUOTE]

theres a b2g1 sale? i know theres one on kinect games..but i think thats it.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']theres a b2g1 sale? i know theres one on kinect games..but i think thats it.[/QUOTE]

Previous week was b2g1 on games over $29.99.

This week is kinect and used games

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Previous week was b2g1 on games over $29.99.

This week is kinect and used games[/QUOTE]

yah i knew that. just was confused since rainman was saying this wasnt part of a b2g1...it obviously wouldnt be if retail games arent b2g1.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It's too soon for an MSRP drop but both newegg and bb selling it for the same price? Suspicious..[/QUOTE]

I was at my local Gamestop today and they also cited a price drop to $99.99 for Skyrim CE, effective Thursday.

None of these collector's editions should be $150, even though I do really like dragon and artbook in this one. This one and Gears 3 epic should've been $100 out of the gate.

[quote name='Licasguy']I was at my local Gamestop today and they also cited a price drop to $99.99 for Skyrim CE, effective Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Awesome news! I hope I can find one near me, I'd love to get use all my gamestop credit for this :D.

Just called CC. Prob ymmv but you should be able to pm orders from disneyland b2g1 glitch. I just did no questions asked. Refund in 7days. Fyi You have to call CC for pm of "in store pickup orders"

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It's too soon for an MSRP drop but both newegg and bb selling it for the same price? Suspicious..[/QUOTE]

Newegg is $5 cheaper..They are selling it for $94.95....

[quote name='zaxxon2000']Price matched from release date purchase. Thanks!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

How did you do that?

[quote name='Licasguy']I was at my local Gamestop today and they also cited a price drop to $99.99 for Skyrim CE, effective Thursday.[/QUOTE]

All the more reason not for me to pull the trigger now.

I guess I'll hang on to the copy I bought at TRU for a bit longer until the CE drops more.

my order arrived 11/16, within the extended return policy. Got shot down by the phone CS. Anyone know if it qualifies for the extended return for a return/rebuy if necessary?

[quote name='sillygal']my order arrived 11/16, within the extended return policy. Got shot down by the phone CS. Anyone know if it qualifies for the extended return for a return/rebuy if necessary?[/QUOTE]

You can't do a return & rebuy for online orders.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You can't do a return & rebuy for online orders.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, Absolutely you can. Return it in store and rebuy it. The only exception is if it was part of a bundle deal like the B2G1, then I wouldn't.

Thanks op, I got my credit for skyrim CE also!

[quote name='ifacebook']I think Best Buy just automatically refunded me the price difference from the B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

You didn't have to contact them?

just got my release date instore purchase price adjusted instore. amazing since its 2 days before the extended price adjustment time frame began. walked out with ace combat 6 and hawx 2 for free plus extra $ on the gift card to spend on todays amazing dotd's. hell yeah best buy

[quote name='PatelKing']Uhh, Absolutely you can. Return it in store and rebuy it. The only exception is if it was part of a bundle deal like the B2G1, then I wouldn't.

Thanks op, I got my credit for skyrim CE also![/QUOTE]

Uhh, no you can't. It's their BS policy to send the returned item back to the warehouse. It's stupid but that's how it works. I know this because they wouldn't let me return and rebuy a CoD: Black Ops Prestige Edition. If the store still has the item, you can then purchase one of those.

The best thing to do is go to the store and buy it and then return it using the old receipt if covered by the extended return policy. She also needs to check if she purchased it on the 13th or later. It doesn't matter that it arrived on the 16th as the policy says the date purchased.

Uhh, yes you can. I know this because i ordered arkham asylum goty online (my store was oos), and then did a return/rebuy instore so i could use the gamer mag coupon for $10 off.

don't be such an ass; just because your best buy doesn't like you doesn't mean everyone else has the same problems. i had no issues doing a return/rebuy of my ONLINE order (described above) and i'd bet others here share similar experiences.

your "best thing to do" doesn't work if said item is oos instore.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Uhh, no you can't. It's their BS policy to send the returned item back to the warehouse. It's stupid but that's how it works. I know this because they wouldn't let me return and rebuy a CoD: Black Ops Prestige Edition. If the store still has the item, you can then purchase one of those.

The best thing to do is go to the store and buy it and then return it using the old receipt if covered by the extended return policy. She also needs to check if she purchased it on the 13th or later. It doesn't matter that it arrived on the 16th as the policy says the date purchased.[/QUOTE]

Oh how I want to order this but I've been dropping constant hints to my girlfriend that this is what I want for Christmas, I hope she listens... If not I might just wait for my reward zone points to come in and just spend them on this.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Uhh, no you can't. It's their BS policy to send the returned item back to the warehouse. It's stupid but that's how it works. I know this because they wouldn't let me return and rebuy a CoD: Black Ops Prestige Edition. If the store still has the item, you can then purchase one of those.

The best thing to do is go to the store and buy it and then return it using the old receipt if covered by the extended return policy. She also needs to check if she purchased it on the 13th or later. It doesn't matter that it arrived on the 16th as the policy says the date purchased.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']Uhh, yes you can. I know this because i ordered arkham asylum goty online (my store was oos), and then did a return/rebuy instore so i could use the gamer mag coupon for $10 off.

don't be such an ass; just because your best buy doesn't like you doesn't mean everyone else has the same problems. i had no issues doing a return/rebuy of my ONLINE order (described above) and i'd bet others here share similar experiences.

your "best thing to do" doesn't work if said item is oos instore.[/QUOTE]

I've done it multiple times at different stores and never had an issue. I don't even bring the item with me. Just tell them I want to return/rebuy because price is lower or want to switch CC's and they do it without a problem.

[quote name='PatelKing']I've done it multiple times at different stores and never had an issue. I don't even bring the item with me. Just tell them I want to return/rebuy because price is lower or want to switch CC's and they do it without a problem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']^thank you for the support.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to jump in here. 3 of the best buys in my area require you to have all items present and sealed, plus the original sale has to be running to return/rebuy for the same promo.

I have a brand new one shipping from Best Buy which should arrive tomorrow or Friday. They allowed me to replace a different order with this product. I picked this even though I really don't want it. If someone lives in central/northern NJ and wants to pick it up at a discount shoot me a PM.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'm going to jump in here. 3 of the best buys in my area require you to have all items present and sealed, plus the original sale has to be running to return/rebuy for the same promo.[/QUOTE]
Totally varies by store. 1 here requires having the items for adjustment, another is willing to just do skus from the receipt. But anyway DUH me, it was still within my 45 days so I recalled and was successful in adjustment. THANKS op!!:bouncy:

bread's done
Back