[Best Buy] SSFIV:3D & Pilotwings Resort for $59.98 and get a free $10 GC

P wings is short as hell , but makes really nice use of the 3d.

It is similar to the n64 one in that you fly things and do challenges, that is all.

[quote name='OnettHero']P wings is short as hell , but makes really nice use of the 3d.

It is similar to the n64 one in that you fly things and do challenges, that is all.[/QUOTE]

Umm no, it's not that short if you play it to completion in mission AND free flight mode.

Not a bad deal. I've been wanting to try Pilotwings but I already have Street Fighter. Does anyone know if you would be able to exchange an unopened SF for another game or they won't let you since you're getting it for $30?

Edit: Nevermind, should have clicked the link first. Looks like the deal is good for any two 3DS games.

Used my Best Buy reward certificates to pick up Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition :3ds: and Pilotwings Resort :3ds:. Thanks for the find! :D

[quote name='poopmastr7']this is so tempting. i dont have any games for my 3ds yet... is this in store as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes in store too, yes instant giftcard

Wow, 2 of the games that I already have :/ Either way for those that don't this is a great deal as both of these games are fun.

I do not advise anyone to get Pilot Wings Resort. Very short, very repetitive and most importantly, it's not very fun. I would be OK with spending $10 to $15 as a downloadable title but for $30+ it's not worth it.

[quote name='abhinav']I do not advise anyone to get Pilot Wings Resort. Very short, very repetitive and most importantly, it's not very fun. I would be OK with spending $10 to $15 as a downloadable title but for $30+ it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

This, easily the only game out of my launch library that i regret. (Shoulda got Nintendogs

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up Pilotwings earlier this week for the $10 GC, so I took my receipt back to BB and had them do a price match. Had to clarify to the CSR that the $10 GC deal was still going on, so I should get $10 back instead of the $5 he thought I should get, as the receipt shows the GC as a $5 discount of sorts.

Pilotwings is by far the best game in the 3DS lineup right now. It's the one game I know I'll be playing months and maybe even years from now, just because it's so much fun and so completely relaxing. Everyone who doesn't yet have it should be jumping all over this deal IMO.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I've actually have enjoyed pilotwings resort quite a bit. I think it's an excellent 1st game for the 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Yes, it can be short if you don't go for perfect scores on all levels, which gets really tricky but is still doable, but that's half the challenge. Plus, finding all the collectibles is fun once you start adding all the time bonuses and unlocking all six "vehicles" or whatever you call them.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Pilotwings is by far the best game in the 3DS lineup right now. It's the one game I know I'll be playing months and maybe even years from now, just because it's so much fun and so completely relaxing. Everyone who doesn't yet have it should be jumping all over this deal IMO.[/QUOTE]

I found the game the complete antithesis of relaxing. Trying to wrangle the fiddly controls of the rocket belt in particular to try to get three stars on the Platinum levels is sheer hell, and if you make one small mistake you have to restart if you want to get your perfect run. I didn't mind it at first, but as I got to the later levels, I realized that trying to squeeze all of the fun out of the game by trying to ace the missions destroys the relaxing vibe the game tries to give off. I really loved the hang glider missions, but everything else was too squirrely to really be enjoyable.

Luckily, I scored Pilotwings for $20 during the launch-week TRU promo, and I was able to flip it over to Gooex for 800 points and a bonus credit. Capitalism!

I've put over 30 hours in Pilotwings Resort and I'm still not done. It's a solid game and it'll take a while if you want to 100% it.

bread's done
Back