Best Buy Steelbook movies $9.99 in-store

trunks982

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was trying to find Finding Nemo steelbook but no luck.
I saw these movies today at Best Buy for $9.99 each:

Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows
Superman Returns
Inception
Green Lantern
Hangover
Hangover Part 2
The Matrix
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Departed
The Book of Eli
Clash of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans

The 3 Lord of the Rings might be same price also. Not too sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
These steelbooks have been onsale for around this price before. It was a really good deal when the movies were 9.99 and they had the Upgrade and Save coupon bringing them down quite a bit for steelbooks. I might just take a break from Steelbooks because a lot of them tend to be dinged very easily during the shipping/stocking process :( Although I do my best to get the ones without dings, the plastic and paper covers tend to hide some and don't show up until you remove the plastic :(

The batman ones are supposed to come with coupons for $5 off the purchase of the The Dark Knight Rises. Also, Superman Returns? Are you sure? Haven't seen that one before.

There are several new ones compared to the last wave: The Departed, Sherlock Holmes 2, Superman Returns, and Wrath of the Titans

So far no one has been able to find the Batman movies with $5 off of TDKR (only $5 off it in theaters which of course is old) so that's YMMV

[quote name='ssjmichael']There are several new ones compared to the last wave: The Departed, Sherlock Holmes 2, Superman Returns, and Wrath of the Titans

So far no one has been able to find the Batman movies with $5 off of TDKR (only $5 off it in theaters which of course is old) so that's YMMV[/QUOTE]
Yes I can confirm that the 5 off is for the old sticker for TDKR in theaters. Most of the time the retailers ignore those stickers so we may not get the ones with the 5 off sticker until TDKR comes out and that would suck.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There are several new ones compared to the last wave: The Departed, Sherlock Holmes 2, Superman Returns, and Wrath of the Titans

So far no one has been able to find the Batman movies with $5 off of TDKR (only $5 off it in theaters which of course is old) so that's YMMV[/QUOTE]

right right. i forgot to add the titans.

Anyone have pictures of The Departed, Sherlock Holmes 2 and Wrath of the Titans? Is SH2 the same as the one released earlier this year? Superman Returns has the same design as the DVD steelbook in Canada

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone have pictures of The Departed, Sherlock Holmes 2 and Wrath of the Titans? Is SH2 the same as the one released earlier this year? Superman Returns has the same design as the DVD steelbook in Canada[/QUOTE]

i dont have the pics but all the steelbooks i mentioned seems to contain only 1 disc bluray.

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone have pictures of The Departed, Sherlock Holmes 2 and Wrath of the Titans? Is SH2 the same as the one released earlier this year? Superman Returns has the same design as the DVD steelbook in Canada[/QUOTE]

SH2 and WotT are different than the previously released steelbooks. I don't have them to compare, I read it over at www.blu-ray.com. Same design though. Both are only one disc and the steelbooks are matte and not glossy if I recall correctly.

Just FYI, Best Buy appears to have 4 different versions of SH2, and it almost bit me today. There is the Blu (no DVD), the Blu combo pack (9.99 right now), the Steelbook single disc AND the Steelbook combo pack (34.99). I assumed the last one would be the same as the $10 steelbook and I was wrong.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Bluray[/QUOTE]
any chance on the 3D blu-ray's

I was looking for SH2 and WoT too but can't SH2 Steelbook.
The only WoT steelbook is 3D combo and it scanned as $34.95, yikes!!

Are the lord of the rings steelbooks for the extended editions or the theatrical cuts? By the way, they come with hobbit cash but i forgot to check the movie versions.

If anyone is kind enough to buy The Matrix and Inception steelbooks for me, I'll pay for all the costs + shipping. I'll also throw in a couple of Steam game codes as thanks.

I don't have a Best Buy with them near me unfortunately, and I really want to get my hands on them at that price. :(

[quote name='PublikDefender']Are the lord of the rings steelbooks for the extended editions or the theatrical cuts? By the way, they come with hobbit cash but i forgot to check the movie versions.[/QUOTE]

Single disk theatrical.

Only version Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows steelbook with Bluray/dvd/ult. Stupid employe tried looking for 2nd version steelbook case (very hard head dude). He tried to offer me non steel case which on sale on black friday under $5 for $10. NON SKU is matching the divider "Game of Shadows Blu-ray Steelbook"

Sorry to ask such a pain-in-the-ass question, but are any of these Steelbook Blus actually Combo Packs with a DVD inside?

I'm the kind of shopper that appreciates both mediums, as my tiny HD TV is much smaller than my standard def TV that plays regular DVDs, but I do have a bluray player handy for my eventual upgrade. Thanks!

[quote name='hypertails02']Sorry to ask such a pain-in-the-ass question, but are any of these Steelbook Blus actually Combo Packs with a DVD inside?

I'm the kind of shopper that appreciates both mediums, as my tiny HD TV is much smaller than my standard def TV that plays regular DVDs, but I do have a bluray player handy for my eventual upgrade. Thanks![/QUOTE]

If they are the new print, no.

I own the Batman Begins and Game of Shadows Steels and the former is Blu-ray only while the latter is Blu-ray/DVD. Dark Knight is also Blu-ray only.

[quote name='DNukem170']I own the Batman Begins and Game of Shadows Steels and the former is Blu-ray only while the latter is Blu-ray/DVD. Dark Knight is also Blu-ray only.[/QUOTE]

Again, can someone post the Game of Shadows Steelbook SKU (the $10 one)?

I'd like to be able to ask for a SKU check the next time I'm in store. Thanks!

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Again, can someone post the Game of Shadows Steelbook SKU (the $10 one)?

I'd like to be able to ask for a SKU check the next time I'm in store. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Funny...I just got Batman Begins and TDK steels and BB is disc only, while TDK is 2-disc.

On a side note, does anyone know when UltraViolet is gonna become iTunes compatible? I like my iTunes code digital copies. Not these digital copies that are running off some cloud harddrive who knows where that I have to stream through an app...

[quote name='jcp42877']Funny...I just got Batman Begins and TDK steels and BB is disc only, while TDK is 2-disc.

On a side note, does anyone know when UltraViolet is gonna become iTunes compatible? I like my iTunes code digital copies. Not these digital copies that are running off some cloud harddrive who knows where that I have to stream through an app...[/QUOTE]

TDK is two dice cause the other disc is special features.
The only steelbooks i saw was the Batman steelbooks with the coupon to see tdkr and expired.

Im shock to see people still find steelbooks. Most stores around me did a remodel.

Maybe a stupid question but are all of these movies listed on Best Buys website for $9.99 the steelbook versions? For several like Inception and Sherlock Holmes I am seeing a $14.99 blu-ray and a $9.99 listing but the $9.99 listings don't mention if they are steelbook or not. Thanks

[quote name='Wompdevil']Maybe a stupid question but are all of these movies listed on Best Buys website for $9.99 the steelbook versions? For several like Inception and Sherlock Holmes I am seeing a $14.99 blu-ray and a $9.99 listing but the $9.99 listings don't mention if they are steelbook or not. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I had a hard time finding them online. I went in store and picked up The Book of Eli steelbook for $10and its definitely not listed on their website.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']I had a hard time finding them online. I went in store and picked up The Book of Eli steelbook for $10and its definitely not listed on their website.[/QUOTE]

You are right about Book of Eli not being listed online. Seems like only the Batman movies are clearly marked. I guess I will take a chance on the $9.99 listings being the steelbook ones.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think the $9.99 deal is in-store only[/QUOTE]

The Batman steelbook deals appear online though so I am wondering if the others will too. Only explanation I can think of for two listings of inception on blu-ray at two different price points. I guess I shall find out soon enough

I'm pretty sure the 9.99 listing for Inception on bestbuy.com is not the steelbook. If you notice, the 9.99 version has a release date of 12/7/2010 (the original release date) while the 14.99 version has a release date of 10/9/2012. I'm pretty sure they are both the regular Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack, with one just being a rerelease. They've both been that price on the website for a while and I have found different copies in store that ring up as 9.99 and 14.99. I'm not sure if there are actually any differences with the newer release but I am 99% sure neither listing on the site is for the steelbook.

Picked up the two Batman movies. The register actually prompts the cashier to scan in the gift cards and it automatically loads $5 on each card.

[quote name='DNukem170']Picked up the two Batman movies. The register actually prompts the cashier to scan in the gift cards and it automatically loads $5 on each card.[/QUOTE]

I reread this thread and might have missed this? What GC offer are you referring to?

[quote name='bob330i']I reread this thread and might have missed this? What GC offer are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

They were supposed to come with $5 coupons towards Dark Knight Rises. Somebody screwed up and they never got sent out, so instead Best Buy is giving a $5 gift card.

For people who want to make their own combo packs, you can buy DVD hub stickers to put on the inside of the case (Amazon has them). I've done that with a few of the steelbooks. Plus I take the steelbook case apart (tutorial on Youtube) and put the DVD cover art on the inside. Takes a bit of work, but winds up looking pretty good.

[quote name='DNukem170']They were supposed to come with $5 coupons towards Dark Knight Rises. Somebody screwed up and they never got sent out, so instead Best Buy is giving a $5 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. When I was at my BB at lunch, both Batman SBs didn't have either sticker, movie nor towards DKR.

There's no sticker (Well, the ones I had had the movie cash from the summer) and my BB had no ad or anything. I only knew about it from here.

On Sunday, I saw all the steelbooks mentioned marked $9.99. I took Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows and Wrath of the Titans up to the register and of course they rang up $34.99. An employee tried to help me find the $9.99 ones but he just thought they were the standard copies or something.

I really wish he would have pricematched what they were tagged in the store. I was picking up $150 worth of blurays for in-store pickup at the same time.

If anyone can find the skus for the steelbooks for wrath of the titans and game of shadows, I'd really really appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just stick to the plan and buy the $3.99 standard versions on black friday.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']On Sunday, I saw all the steelbooks mentioned marked $9.99. I took Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows and Wrath of the Titans up to the register and of course they rang up $34.99. An employee tried to help me find the $9.99 ones but he just thought they were the standard copies or something.

I really wish he would have pricematched what they were tagged in the store. I was picking up $150 worth of blurays for in-store pickup at the same time.

If anyone can find the skus for the steelbooks for wrath of the titans and game of shadows, I'd really really appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just stick to the plan and buy the $3.99 standard versions on black friday.[/QUOTE]

weird, 2 stores I went to (one large, one small) both had a small endcap of just the $9.99 steels... perhaps look for that endcap? (it was of course at the end of one of the movie aisles.

[quote name='donut']weird, 2 stores I went to (one large, one small) both had a small endcap of just the $9.99 steels... perhaps look for that endcap? (it was of course at the end of one of the movie aisles.[/QUOTE]

They were on the steelbook endcap and they were marked $9.99. This was last Sunday. They just put them out and they must have put the Bluray/DVD/digital copy combo steelbooks there on accident. Those combo packs are still $34.99. The single disc versions are supposedly $9.99.

After reading pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of the bluray.com forum, I found the sku for the single disc $9.99 Game of Shadows steelbook: 7014192.

I'm still going to try to buy the $3.99 versions on black friday on bestbuy.com, but I'll upgrade to the steelbooks for an extra $6 a piece if I ever get the chance.

I can't find superman in my store if anyone is willing to get it ill glad pay for shipping plus a little extra for your time

Picked up Sherlock GoS, Departed, and Superman. I'm pretty disappointed with the Superman art, but I'm still glad to have it.

do u see this deal coming back maybe when they have the 5$ dvd upgrade deal

[quote name='starmask2k3']do u see this deal coming back maybe when they have the 5$ dvd upgrade deal[/QUOTE]

The deal goes until 1/05, so they may have another one before then.

bread's done
Back