Best Buy sued by Ohio Attorney General

pwnstamp.jpg

Take this from an Ohio resident... we do this A LOT. It's become a source of income for the state. Best Buy will end up paying Ohio 1/2 million or something to that affect to make it go away, Ohio gets some spending money, and thats the last you hear of it.

Good for Ohio! Hopefully some of the counts will include the crap bestbuy.com puts people through, selling stuff they don't have, charging cards without shipping, canceling orders with no notice, etc.

It would be nice if this was a class action suit that I could sign up for, as I bought a resealed PS1 game from them a few months back...

[quote name='slimymeteor']haha, ironically, i work at a best buy in columbus, ohio. but i laugh at this news. i'm only there for the awesome discounts.[/quote]

I hear people talk about how awesome BB's discount is. Can you tell me just what is so awesome about it? I'm acutally really curious.

I heard about this on the news and it explains a lot of things. They DO repackage items because I bougth the command and conquer set and was missing a cd and I called EA and they said its best buys problem and that they repackage used items and sell them as new

I hate best buy! They still owe me a refund from 8 weeks ago.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Take this from an Ohio resident... we do this A LOT. It's become a source of income for the state. Best Buy will end up paying Ohio 1/2 million or something to that affect to make it go away, Ohio gets some spending money, and thats the last you hear of it.[/quote]

Doesnt your state get enought from the royal rapeing travelers get on your highways. Almost $20 to go through PLUS there is a cop every mile. fuck Ohio.

[quote name='slimymeteor']haha, ironically, i work at a best buy in columbus, ohio. but i laugh at this news. i'm only there for the awesome discounts.[/quote]

This was brought to my attention by my brother, but how is it ironically that you work at best buy and they being sued?

Yeah Best Buy employees get stuff for either 5 or 10% above cost. My friend said that its great for TV's of stereos, since they are marked up huge. According to him, a BB employee could get a $10k plasma tv for about half the cost, not that he could afford that but he was just bragging about his discount.

Irony is....incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"

I bought a Cd from Best Buy once and when I opened it the booklet was water damaged and the cd was scratched up. It wouldn't even play the first 4 songs. They didn't even have another copy of the cd when I went to return it so I ended up buying something crappy after. I shook my fist at them in anger.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm glad that I'm moving to Ohio in a year.[/quote]

Now THERE's a quote I never thought I'd see....[/quote]

I was shock by the post my self. Lol

First off, Ohio's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's really a pretty decent state to live in (and also the third largest tourest state in the country for some reason).

But, I saw a pretty long thing about this on the news right now.. as of right now Best Buy would be paying 7.5million in fines, and they have a number they're trying to get people to call to report other problems with BB. Yea.. good money for the state, that's all they care about.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']First off, Ohio's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's really a pretty decent state to live in (and also the third largest tourest state in the country for some reason).

But, I saw a pretty long thing about this on the news right now.. as of right now Best Buy would be paying 7.5million in fines, and they have a number they're trying to get people to call to report other problems with BB. Yea.. good money for the state, that's all they care about.[/quote]

More money for the state? Hooray for more road construction and highway patrol cars!

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm glad that I'm moving to Ohio in a year.[/quote]

Move to columbus.....every one man to 2 women.[/quote]

I'm a girl... with a boyfriend. And I'm probably going to college in Columbus.

Oh, and if you ever lived in Rhode Island, you would gladly move to Ohio.

[quote name='BigNick']Doesnt your state get enought from the royal rapeing travelers get on your highways. Almost $20 to go through PLUS there is a cop every mile. shaq-fu Ohio.[/quote]

I hear people say that all the time, but I honeslty haven't seen many State Patrol cruisers on the highway. I was doing almost 100mph down I-675 yesterday going to Beavercreek and I didn't see anything. Maybe I've just been real lucky.

At anyrate, that does sound like an awesome-ass discount. I can see why some people put up with working there.

Reality's Fringe][quote name='BigNick']Doesnt your state get enought from the royal rapeing travelers get on your highways. Almost $20 to go through PLUS there is a cop every mile. shaq-fu Ohio.[/quote] I hear people say that all the time said:
Im not sure if its 90,80, or 81 that I take throuigh Ohio on my way to CT, but there is alwyas a shitload. Usually cops stick to teh roads travelers take. That way, less people will fight the tickets.

bread's done
Back