Best Buy The last Story $23.99

The Punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I just found this at BB for $23.99. It's the limited edition. Not sure if this was a deal or not, but was on clearance.

Here is the sku: 5563371 (its on the left side of receipt)
8093957 (its right beside the #5563371)

Sorry if this is a repost, but I havent seen it.

[quote name='exaznkid']man i remember when my bestbuy had like a dozen of these on the shelves and all of a sudden they all disappeared.[/QUOTE]

This.

My Best Buy had at least 7-10 of these for months... then one day they all just disappeared. It wasn't even around a sale or anything. One day they were there, the next they just... weren't. It was weird.

[quote name='applecider']It was a lucky find. That Best Buy has a end cap reserved for clearance, but I saw the KRtD sitting in the pre-owned section as if someone set it down. It had a round yellow sticker on it, but unless you had seen their end cap, you wouldn't know it meant 50% off.

There is another Best Buy that has games with yellow stickers, but no mention anywhere about clearance. The employees at that one didn't know either. Not sure if they would honor the clearance, but also have no idea why they have them marked.[/QUOTE]
This happened at my Best Buy. Carelessly I didn't check to see if it was marked down. Going to have to go back and try... ugh.

[quote name='sterlingice']Completist or not? I'm doing Xenoblade right now and sitting around 60 hours but maybe half done- mostly completist but not entirely. Is that 30 hours for pure plot and how good is the "extra" completist stuff (is there much? and is it worth doing?)

At "only" 30 hours, it might jump up on my "to play list" as that's pretty manageable.

SI[/QUOTE]

I think I did a majority of story sidequests, but there are some collectible and character-background ones that I didn't bother with. It could have been 40 if I had done some more. The "questy" ones, where you actually go to dungeons are not that numerous, so they're not mind-numbingly repetitive like in Skyrim or something. I had to look at a guide to make sure I didn't miss any of the major ones.

Xenoblade was one long game and I definitely didn't get to everything, especially with rebuilding that certain town.

I stopped at three different stores today and found one used regular edition for $45, but no LE. Two of stores told me it wasn't in the system and is just gone. Sorry, too bad. FWIW, at the third store, the salesperson was really helpful and asked his manager about it after not finding it in the system. The manager said it was probably recalled by the publisher, but both thought it was strange for a title not even being out a year and being pulled like this. The salesperson said they had multiple copies even after the Holiday season.

My store had them, but they are full price which isn't terribly surprising since my BB doesn't do clearance prices ever, and always sell things for full price even it is "at risk".

[quote name='boylover']Yes the WiiU upscales to 720p and 1080p.

But not the European version.[/QUOTE]

You sure? The wii u can upscale games to 720 and 1080p?
Is that possible? Its like saying oh, the 360 can upscale xbox games.

Pretty sure the Wii U doesn't upscale but using hdmi instead of component cables will make it look a little sharper.

[quote name='oni-link']OMG...some people here don't know the difference between upscaling and uprendering. The Wii U will upscale Wii games but will not uprender it like the Dolphin. IF you have a Wii U, you will already know that your Wii games are upscaled by looking at the display icon. Here are proofs it upscales: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/does-the-wii-u-upscale-games-yes and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm70w_RsNvQ[/QUOTE]

what does it matter. games look exactly the same as a wii with component cables.

[quote name='The Punisher']You sure? The wii u can upscale games to 720 and 1080p?
Is that possible? Its like saying oh, the 360 can upscale xbox games.[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, yes the Xbox 360 *does* upscale original Xbox games as a matter of fact:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/do-xbox-games-look-better-on-xbox-360-6140654/

[quote name='gmsick']what does it matter. games look exactly the same as a wii with component cables.[/QUOTE]

They'll be less pixelated when upscaled.

Have you ever tried using the "smoothing" feature on a PS3 for PS1 games (or PS2 games if you're lucky enough to have a PS2 compatible model)?

Same principle.

[quote name='boylover']Ummmm, yes the Xbox 360 *does* upscale original Xbox games as a matter of fact:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/do-xbox-games-look-better-on-xbox-360-6140654/

They'll be less pixelated when upscaled.

Have you ever tried using the "smoothing" feature on a PS3 for PS1 games (or PS2 games if you're lucky enough to have a PS2 compatible model)?

Same principle.[/QUOTE]

It also makes it have better colors with smoother and cleaner picture!!!:applause: Let's just say it's better to upscale and not to upscale. The difference is akin to an S-Video picture vs Composite/RF picture...there is an upgrade in quality though not as enough to make them look "REAL HD" that would be uprendering!!:cool:

[quote name='Mako1215']Time to hoy check since i sold my 3 $8 Amazon copies already.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I still have a sealed copy from that with artbook/soundtrack. Im not sure if I want to get rid of it or not.

[quote name='Abeja']Lol, I still have a sealed copy from that with artbook/soundtrack. Im not sure if I want to get rid of it or not.[/QUOTE]

I had some things come up, and my brothers hated the game so there went there xmas gift lol so I had no choice but to sell them.

bread's done
Back