Best Buy: Trade in 2 select games and get a $59.99 game for $9.99

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Best Buy seems to be matching Gamestop's promotion of trading in 2 select games and receiving a $59.99 game for $9.99. 

Update:
Below you will find a list of games that will get you at least $25 in Trade in Credit to best buy and you can use the gift card on anything, not just games!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Video+Game+Trade+In+Offer/pcmcat306800050037.c?id=pcmcat306800050037

The list of games are:

Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel
Xbox 360 and PS3

BioShock Infinite
Xbox 360 and PS3

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Xbox 360 and PS3

Defiance
Xbox 360 and PS3

DmC Devil May Cry
Xbox 360 and PS3

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Xbox 360 and PS3

FIFA Soccer 13
Xbox 360 and PS3

Forza Horizon
Xbox 360

FUSE
Xbox 360 and PS3

Gears of War: Judgment
Xbox 360

Grid 2
Xbox 360 and PS3

Injustice: Gods Among Us
Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U

Killzone Trilogy
PS3

LEGO City: Undercover
Wii U

The Last of Us
PS3

Metro: Last Light
Xbox 360 and PS3

MLB 2K13
Xbox 360 and PS3

NBA 2K13
Xbox 360 and PS3

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Xbox 360 and PS3

New Super Mario Bros. U
Wii U

Resident Evil: Revelations
Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
PS3

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
Xbox 360 and PS3

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
Wii U

Star Trek
Xbox 360 and PS3

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Xbox 360 and PS3

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
Xbox 360 and PS3

Tomb Raider
Xbox 360 and PS3

WWE '13
Xbox 360 and PS3
For those who would rather purchase a game at Best Buy and have same some Gamestop credit, Gamestop is selling Walking Dead Survival Instinct for 19.99. There is no date on when this promotion is going to end. I hope this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, they know me and usually have no problem with this kind of stuff. The question is, will they let me do multiple copies.
why are you asking it on here, none of the people at this forum works at your local bestbuy stores. you are going to have to take your games in, and try it out.

Since the page with the offer is still up... I feel like I should go in and see if they'll still do this for me.

All the values of the stuff I want to get rid of have dropped back down to like 7-10 bucks each :/
I'm thinking the same thing. I have two games on that list I'd trade in for $9.99 Injustice! Please let me know if it works.

All the games listed are at $17 base, with 50% it is $25.50 and with GCU, they are $27.20. So like klimb stated, it's more of a suggestion rather than a deal. If you can get these games cheap, might have lots of potential. You can snag Defiance from GS for ~$20 after birthday and PUR, and the Walking Dead for $19.99 new only, which isn't bad, but not great either.
So now that Sly Cooper has slipped down to $12 (or $18 after 50% bonus), does anyone know if BBY just makes up the difference when trading in another eligible game on the list? I'm floating the idea of grabbing a copy from Amazon since it's now $20, redeeming the Vita copy and then taking it over to trade in with Black Ops 2.

So now that Sly Cooper has slipped down to $12 (or $18 after 50% bonus), does anyone know if BBY just makes up the difference when trading in another eligible game on the list? I'm floating the idea of grabbing a copy from Amazon since it's now $20, redeeming the Vita copy and then taking it over to trade in with Black Ops 2.
I'll say it again. This is/was not a "guaranteed" promotion like GS. It was more of a suggestion/marketing tool. You did not have to trade in two games, you could have got more than $25 for each and you were not required to buy a new game. All they did was fix the trade-in value of the games on the list so that you would get at least $25 for each after bonus. Now that the values dropped for some there is no "deal" at all.

The best you can do is get a rep/manager who is as confused by this as some folks on here are to honor it by making up the difference some how.

I'll say it again. This is/was not a "guaranteed" promotion like GS. It was more of a suggestion/marketing tool. You did not have to trade in two games, you could have got more than $25 for each and you were not required to buy a new game. All they did was fix the trade-in value of the games on the list so that you would get at least $25 for each after bonus. Now that the values dropped for some there is no "deal" at all.

The best you can do is get a rep/manager who is as confused by this as some folks on here are to honor it by making up the difference some how.
Perfectly explained. Thank you. I almost feel like going in there just to complain if I didn't get at least $50 for two of those trade-ins... but I'll let someone else try that.

Just as Klimb said, people don't think about how EVERY promotion will have the small print "Bestbuy reserves the right to suspend or change this promotion whenever it chooses for any reason". So just because you saw a page that had a end date for that, does NOT mean that it is guaranteed to last until then. It would be pretty useless to try and get this honored now anyway, they can't even get REGULAR trade in's right.

bread's done
Back