Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At nearly 300 pages it was time for a new thread. You can view the previous thread here!

THIS THREAD OP IS NO LONGER ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH NEW PROMOS.

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!

Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers, and it definitely does stack despite what some employees will say.

Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

General video game promotions link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page (Promotions are listed at the bottom of the page)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE & VALUE ESTIMATOR

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades may be done in the Gaming Dept or at customer service depending on the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the **% bonus TIV work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150.

How does the 10% Gamers Club Unlocked bonus work?
The 10% bonus for Gamers Club Unlocked members is calculated from the base trade in value. So in the above example, a $100 trade would get an extra $10 with the GCU membership bonus. So if there was a 50% trade in bonus it would be $100 base, $10 Gamers Club Unlocked bonus and $50 TIV bonus for a grand total of $160.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine (which typically has a couple of great coupons every month). It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

I didn't get my 10% bonus or the employee said it doesn't stack, what gives?
As of September 2012 the trade in system at Best Buy was updated, and employees seem to be having a hard time making sure that they add the GCU bonus. It should be added immediately after they scan your games, and before they take your personal information. You also should always try to know your full trade in value with bonuses before going to the store so that if the price is different you can identify it immediately. The 10% bonus definitely does stack with any TIV promo (100%, 50%, it doesn't matter). All the Gamers Club Unlocked pamphlets say so, as does the website, and are a great place to point to if an employee or a manager tells you otherwise.

Do we get Reward Zone points for trade-ins??
Yes. You get one point for every pre-bonus dollar traded in. So if your TIV was $100 before bonuses, you get 100 Reward Zone points. Gamers Club Unlocked members (and possibly standard Gamers Club members) get double points for everything gaming, including trade-ins. So in the same example you would wind up with 200 Reward Zone points. To get Reward Zone points you must have them include your Reward Zone membership information (easiest to look up by phone number) with your trade-in (this is required for the Gamers Club Unlocked bonus anyway).

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. Some states, or even localities (county, city, etc.) may not allow the sale of Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone/Android app is way off, why?
The app often sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it if you don't have to.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case (as in, it is possible that has never been the case). When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

How come the GOTY/complete version doesn't show up in the estimator?
Best Buy doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY/complete versions of a game 99% of the time. This is largely a cover-all policy due to the fact that many GOTY editions include the game's DLC and bonus content as one-time use codes; meaning that the game has no extra value on the 2nd hand market and honestly, Best Buy probably doesn't trust their employees to make sure all the extra content is included. So no extra TIV for your GOTY games. The plus side is that GOTY and vanilla versions sell at the same price, so if the DLC is located on disc and you find a GOTY version in-store it will be the same price as the vanilla one.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but updates can and do happen at any time. Sometimes an update will happen at an atypical time, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Lately some people have been told the policy is 1 game per system (i.e. you could trade in 1 copy of a game for Xbox, 1 for PS3 and 1 for Wii), and have been actively turned down when trading in more than one copy. Whether this is actually something they are banning for or if it is just what employees are being told to follow to limit multiples is unknown. Trade multiples at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually. Yes, this also applies to DS, 3DS, PSP, etc. If you have the manual and artwork you should trade it in though anyway to improve the quality of the selection for people who may want to buy the game in the future (you can't know if the game will be complete when you buy online for example).

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only. Employees have gotten much better about knowing this policy though, and busier stores are more likely to have employees that have done more trade ins and know the rules.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but some stores apparently accept consoles as well. Call ahead before bringing it in. That said, the TIV for most hardware is lower than competitors.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or even city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll need a government issued ID (passport, drivers license, military ID, etc.).

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return. You might even be flat out denied by the employee or manager despite the official rule. It is their right to do so.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracked on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

Remember, all trades are technically at the discretion of Best Buy and they can refuse to accept a game for whatever reason they want (outside of you being black, woman, Jewish, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WTFD4V1D']Just wondering if we can use a Pitch In card to buy Visa giftcards.[/QUOTE]

I and many others have been able too, but I guess others have been unsuccessful. Perhaps it's a YMMV? But I've never had an issue.

oh wow. circle of life. iatcg banned, and now confoosious. circle is complete.
now he wont tell me im a bad person for trying to flip for cheap diapers/games/credit.

trading news. got moh, re6 and another game (skylanders giants kids xmas gift).
MoH was a super fast campaign, and even with 10 hours in multiplayer i got bored and flipped for $42.
tried to do a quick run of RE6, damn, this game has some length. after 3 hours i just finished Leon's Chapter 1. and there is 20 chapters in this game... i might get stuck with this one... or should i flip it back and wait for re6 gold or clearance... idk....
i did 1st chapter on professional cuz im pimp, but now im reading to just go easy/normal and not hard/superhard cuz you unlock abilities like infinite ammo, etc... i might lower it down and see if that helps. i died 18 times first chapter, lol. best one was a zombie that pulled out and ate my intestines. awesome.

Confoosious is gone. First IATCG, now Confoosious. Well, he was always about the negativity. Always talking about the bad, whether it was flipping, buying multiple copies, or even taking advantage of a questionable deal. Can't say I'm surprised.

[quote name='Velo214']oh wow. circle of life. iatcg banned, and now confoosious. circle is complete.
now he wont tell me im a bad person for trying to flip for cheap diapers/games/credit.

trading news. got moh, re6 and another game (skylanders giants kids xmas gift).
MoH was a super fast campaign, and even with 10 hours in multiplayer i got bored and flipped for $42.
tried to do a quick run of RE6, damn, this game has some length. after 3 hours i just finished Leon's Chapter 1. and there is 20 chapters in this game... i might get stuck with this one... or should i flip it back and wait for re6 gold or clearance... idk....
i did 1st chapter on professional cuz im pimp, but now im reading to just go easy/normal and not hard/superhard cuz you unlock abilities like infinite ammo, etc... i might lower it down and see if that helps. i died 18 times first chapter, lol. best one was a zombie that pulled out and ate my intestines. awesome.[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm pretty against flipping, but I definitely don't consider what you're doing "flipping". More power to you if you want to take the game home, chug through it, and then trade it back in for maximum value. I'd actually call that "smart" more than anything else.

The circle of life LOL ahahaha! perfect!!! Well put. I'm sure Iatcg is sitting somewhere on his TRS-80 saying "JUSTICE!"

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha I'm pretty against flipping, but I definitely don't consider what you're doing "flipping". More power to you if you want to take the game home, chug through it, and then trade it back in for maximum value. I'd actually call that "smart" more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

Please also enlighten us with your views about abortion and alcohol, big government too while you're at it. Thank you.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha I'm pretty against flipping, but I definitely don't consider what you're doing "flipping". More power to you if you want to take the game home, chug through it, and then trade it back in for maximum value. I'd actually call that "smart" more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have problems with the hoarders that buy up games just to flip and prevent people that actually might want to play the game from getting it.

I'm not against flipping and have nothing against Velo. But if you think that's all Velo is doing, then you're wrong :lol:

[quote name='Fukurou']False alarm, people. Looks like it's just a temp ban.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. It just says ”banned” when using the mobile site.

[quote name='Donut2922']Oh ok. It just says ”banned” when using the mobile site.[/QUOTE]
It actually did say banned. But just now it was changed to temp banned.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Can someone tell me why iatcg got banned???[/QUOTE]
He was too awesome for the mods. That and the mods did in fact NOT want a nice big cup of shut the f*ck up.

[quote name='Fukurou']It actually did say banned. But just now it was changed to temp banned.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Interesting. I guess we'll find out when he's back unless somebody else chimes in.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Can someone tell me why iatcg got banned???[/QUOTE]

I heard he spazzed out for a minute and was hoping cag would lose it's Amazon affiliation by trashing them.

hmmm, how odd that it just changed from banned to temp banned. ugh.
also yeah, i run the flip group and i dont even have a 3ds, 360, wii, so if i buy those games im def just flipping them. i try to at least put the ps3 games in my ps3 and give them quick runs tho, but that's cuz im also a trophy whore. ;)

[quote name='Velo214']hmmm, how odd that it just changed from banned to temp banned. ugh.
also yeah, i run the flip group and i dont even have a 3ds, 360, wii, so if i buy those games im def just flipping them. i try to at least put the ps3 games in my ps3 and give them quick runs tho, but that's cuz im also a trophy whore. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah wtf it said "BANNED" for the last 4 hours...I wonder what happened to change that?

[quote name='kouleefoh']I'm not against flipping and have nothing against Velo. But if you think that's all Velo is doing, then you're wrong :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh, haha.

[quote name='Velo214']hmmm, how odd that it just changed from banned to temp banned. ugh. [/QUOTE]

I know, right? I was going to bring out some champagne.

Damn, now Confoosius is banned? I'm actualy also against flipping as well, but see, I don't really care what any of you guys do with your money. It's just mostly the people that wave it around like they won the lottery.

[quote name='Velo214']
i did 1st chapter on professional cuz im pimp, but now im reading to just go easy/normal and not hard/superhard cuz you unlock abilities like infinite ammo, etc... i might lower it down and see if that helps. i died 18 times first chapter, lol. best one was a zombie that pulled out and ate my intestines. awesome.[/QUOTE]
Haha dude, I did the same thing so the game would feel more 'realistic' the first time through. Chapter 5 is a total bitch, I'll tell you right now. But shit doesn't get real until you start playing Chris's campaign, at that point I had to give up and drop the difficulty to Veteran since I was getting raped by all the gunfire.

Yeah, the game will definitely take you awhile especially on your first playthrough. Consecutive ones will go much faster, but even so some chapters (even by speedrunning through it) can take 40-50 minutes. If your a masochist for difficulty though, I say keep at it !

Well fucking hell! Why you gotta be like that BB?! And they must've done this like not even 4 hours ago because I actually checked the TIV's for tomorrow around that time.

They should have given RE6 a few more weeks to coup with the other releases like BL2. I knew this would happen pretty soon (like REAL soon), and funny enough I regretted not going tonight. I just didn't have enough time to get to BB after work. Damn it, -$8 to the BB GC Bank. :p

I need some info guys. The last two times I've traded something in to Best Buy I have not gotten my 10% bonus for being an unlocked member. When I traded in RE6 a few weeks back I asked the guy about and he said it should come up automatically. By the time he printed the receipt I just saw $40 flat instead of $42 which would be the bonus 110% on $20 TIV. I asked him about it again and he checked the computer but on the spot where it said 10% bonus is said $0.00. I didn't want to waste any more time in there over $2 so I just let it be.

Bo today I go in to trade a few more games and I make sure to tell the guy my 10% didn't work last time and would like him to make sure it works. So I get the receipt and again there is no mention of the 10% bonus. He tried what he could but said it should have just come up automatically with my RZ number but it wasn't working.

Any way I can fix this issue? I plan on calling up the reward zone CS but what can they do for me? Is there any way I can get them to apply the 10% bonuses now or is it way too late? I noticed one of my trade ins from a while back showed up on myrewardzone.com and I actually got my 10% extra with no problems that time but my last 2 trade ins since then have not shown up at all. Are the employees just messing up somehow? I would like to know what I can do before I trade in something else (going back tomorrow since I left one of the games I was trading inside my Wii [doh])

[quote name='samusaran226']I need some info guys. The last two times I've traded something in to Best Buy I have not gotten my 10% bonus for being an unlocked member. When I traded in RE6 a few weeks back I asked the guy about and he said it should come up automatically. By the time he printed the receipt I just saw $40 flat instead of $42 which would be the bonus 110% on $20 TIV. I asked him about it again and he checked the computer but on the spot where it said 10% bonus is said $0.00. I didn't want to waste any more time in there over $2 so I just let it be.

Bo today I go in to trade a few more games and I make sure to tell the guy my 10% didn't work last time and would like him to make sure it works. So I get the receipt and again there is no mention of the 10% bonus. He tried what he could but said it should have just come up automatically with my RZ number but it wasn't working.

Any way I can fix this issue? I plan on calling up the reward zone CS but what can they do for me? Is there any way I can get them to apply the 10% bonuses now or is it way too late? I noticed one of my trade ins from a while back showed up on myrewardzone.com and I actually got my 10% extra with no problems that time but my last 2 trade ins since then have not shown up at all. Are the employees just messing up somehow? I would like to know what I can do before I trade in something else (going back tomorrow since I left one of the games I was trading inside my Wii [doh])[/QUOTE]

So many people are experiencing this issue (myself included). If you check the OP, you will see more information on this topic under the FAQ.

I knew exactly how much I was supposed to get and when it did not match, I politely requested a manager. I explained the situation and the manager issued an additional gift card to make up the difference. Now, I have a new issue.

Because they did not do the original transaction as a GCU member, my RZ Points are missing. I called BB's Customer Service and they said they could do nothing for me. They suggested to call the store manager where the transaction took place. I will be doing that tomorrow.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']So many people are experiencing this issue (myself included). If you check the OP, you will see more information on this topic under the FAQ.

I knew exactly how much I was supposed to get and when it did not match, I politely requested a manager. I explained the situation and the manager issued an additional gift card to make up the difference. Now, I have a new issue.

Because they did not do the original transaction as a GCU member, my RZ Points are missing. I called BB's Customer Service and they said they could do nothing for me. They suggested to call the store manager where the transaction took place. I will be doing that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Someone a few pages back (maybe more) noted there was a change in the process which you had to click on something to get the GCU +10% added, it wasn't automatic. I also caught the discrepancy in time (prior to signing the touch screen thingy) and she was able to back it out and add the 10% GCU bonus. I told the CS that it should be automatic as they've put in my RZ number and my phone number twice, the program should know.

Ugh, Best Buy is not making this easy for me. I've called them twice and so far have gotten zero help. The first time I call I spoke to someone from reward zone and explained that I was not getting my 10% bonus credit. He just kept telling me it should take 30-35 days for the points but he wasn't understand that I wasn't talking about the reward zone points (although I'm not getting those either because the transactions don't even show up there). So finally he understands what I'm talking about and transfers me to @gamer, except they only deal with the magazine and nothing more so the lady on the phone cannot help me and I have to call back.

This time I explained my situation to the lady who answers and she says she'll transfer me to a gaming specialist. I'm on hold for about 5 minutes and all of a sudden they just hang up on me >=O. I don't even know if I want to call back right now or wait til later because I'm pretty annoyed.

[quote name='samusaran226']Ugh, Best Buy is not making this easy for me. I've called them twice and so far have gotten zero help. The first time I call I spoke to someone from reward zone and explained that I was not getting my 10% bonus credit. He just kept telling me it should take 30-35 days for the points but he wasn't understand that I wasn't talking about the reward zone points (although I'm not getting those either because the transactions don't even show up there). So finally he understands what I'm talking about and transfers me to @gamer, except they only deal with the magazine and nothing more so the lady on the phone cannot help me and I have to call back.

This time I explained my situation to the lady who answers and she says she'll transfer me to a gaming specialist. I'm on hold for about 5 minutes and all of a sudden they just hang up on me >=O. I don't even know if I want to call back right now or wait til later because this I'm pretty annoyed.[/QUOTE]
Why are you calling? You need to find the store manager for this. There is no easy way for them to give you the extra credit via a new GC, they usually just let you buy something, and the manager will override the price to deduct the money that they didn't give you.

And I cannot stress this enough:
If you are GCU and your trade comes out as an integer or ending with .5, check for 10% before finalizing the transaction.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']
Because they did not do the original transaction as a GCU member, my RZ Points are missing. I called BB's Customer Service and they said they could do nothing for me. They suggested to call the store manager where the transaction took place. I will be doing that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation for a trade-in transaction way back in September, and of course it was at a different store to which I usually go for trades.

I ended up messaging "Gaming-BBY" on their forum board with a detailed explanation of what happened and received the following response:

Thank you for reaching out to us via the Gaming-BBY forum inbox. We care about what you have to say and want to make sure those concerns are addressed properly.

Since this inbox is primarily designed to support video game promotional code issues, we encourage you to post your questions or concerns on one of the following boards. Please only post once and in the relevant category.

Gaming Support – General Gaming-related questions/concerns

Reward Zone Gamers Club – Anything pertaining to Reward Zone Gamers Club promotions, points, etc.

Customer Service – Any other questions/concerns that aren’t necessarily gaming-related

I still need to follow up on this and will probably do so in the RZ Gamers Club subforum and then the CS one if nothing comes of that.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why are you calling? You need to find the store manager for this. There is no easy way for them to give you the extra credit via a new GC, they usually just let you buy something, and the manager will override the price to deduct the money that they didn't give you.

And I cannot stress this enough:
If you are GCU and your trade comes out as an integer or ending with .5, check for 10% before finalizing the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Well I was just wondering if there was something up with my account since it didn't come up automatically like it did in the past but according to another post there is something the employee has to check off now? I guess I really need to stress it to the employee to pay attention to what they're doing because even though I mentioned this issue to the guy who helped me today he still completely looked past it and didn't notice until I asked him about it when he showed me the receipt. I need to start asking these guys to fill me in on every single step while they're doing the trade-in. Base value, 100%, 10%, etc. The guy at the gaming dept today did not even mention the value of any of the games I traded in before he completed the transaction. I didn't even realize he was already done until he showed me the receipt I had to sign and by then he said he couldn't add the 10% bonus.

And I messed up too because once again I left the store without my own copy of the receipt. I guess I've just become accustomed to not having to deal with any customer service issues and having things run smoothly since I started shopping mostly on Amazon and Newegg but it seems like Best Buy still has some ways to go. Any way they can pull up these transactions without having a copy of the receipt myself?

[quote name='samusaran226']Well I was just wondering...[/QUOTE]
Haven't ran into that before, sorry. I guess if the gaming rep recognize you, you can reason with them that you don't have any means to show a proof of purchase/trade. Friendly advice: always remind them "my 10% GCU bonus" throughout the trading procedure.

Did my first successful trade in using my passport. It took a little longer because he had to ask for my information and type it all in but it went smoothly. Pretty happy considering I've had to drag my girlfriend the last 6 months to trade in stuff.

[quote name='TooPoor']Haven't ran into that before, sorry. I guess if the gaming rep recognize you, you can reason with them that you don't have any means to show a proof of purchase/trade. Friendly advice: always remind them "my 10% GCU bonus" throughout the trading procedure.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I see I'm gonna have to start reminding them constantly now. And they did enter my reward zone information so they SHOULD be able to look up the trade ins. I still have both gift cards as well. I'll be going back tomorrow anyway since I couldn't pick up AC3 today due to Sandy or something bringing down Best Buy's pre-order system. Hopefully I don't have any issues with another trade in I plan on doing tomorrow but I am almost positive I will have issues with AC3 since I want to price match K-mart (my Best Buys are never competent with PMing) and I pre-ordered it in March or April and others on here have reported some issues saying the pre-order from around that time were having problems being rung up.

I'm going to trade in Dishonored tomorrow for $42 before it drops. It's an awesome game though and I'll pick it up again down the line for cheap.

[quote name='bob330i']Someone a few pages back (maybe more) noted there was a change in the process which you had to click on something to get the GCU +10% added, it wasn't automatic. I also caught the discrepancy in time (prior to signing the touch screen thingy) and she was able to back it out and add the 10% GCU bonus. I told the CS that it should be automatic as they've put in my RZ number and my phone number twice, the program should know.[/QUOTE]
You mean this?
[quote name='klimb22']The problem with the 10% GCU bonus is that it is now located at the bottom of the "cart" screen under the list of games. An uninformed rep will usually click on the big green button (forget what it says) after adding all the games and will not scroll down to see the GCU lookup. If he/she does scroll down and selects it, it will give the option to find your GCU info by phone #, email address or RZ member #. A box will pop up with your info. He/she clicks that and it will give you the 10% bonus AND populate the customer information (sans DL# info) If the rep doesn't scroll down to GCU section in the cart and hits the big green button, the next screen is "Customer Look Up", or something like that, which again has options to lookup info by either phone #, email address or RZ member id. THIS DOES NOT GIVE THE 10% GCU BONUS. I'm not sure if the rep has an option to go back to the cart after this point.

Long story short, have the rep scroll down after entering the last game and before clicking past the cart. Hope this help. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='samusaran226']Yea, I see I'm gonna have to start reminding them constantly now. [/QUOTE]

I also need to start doing this as well since I was not given my unlocked bonus twice now. Before I fingerprint or whatever it is that happens first, I'm going to have them tell me how much I am getting. I always received the correct amounts before and it is only now that they have been screwing up and not adding the unlocked bonus.

[quote name='klimb22']You mean this?

Originally Posted by klimb22
The problem with the 10% GCU bonus is that it is now located at the bottom of the "cart" screen under the list of games. An uninformed rep will usually click on the big green button (forget what it says) after adding all the games and will not scroll down to see the GCU lookup. If he/she does scroll down and selects it, it will give the option to find your GCU info by phone #, email address or RZ member #. A box will pop up with your info. He/she clicks that and it will give you the 10% bonus AND populate the customer information (sans DL# info) If the rep doesn't scroll down to GCU section in the cart and hits the big green button, the next screen is "Customer Look Up", or something like that, which again has options to lookup info by either phone #, email address or RZ member id. THIS DOES NOT GIVE THE 10% GCU BONUS. I'm not sure if the rep has an option to go back to the cart after this point.

Long story short, have the rep scroll down after entering the last game and before clicking past the cart. Hope this help.
[/QUOTE]
Perfect! This will be of great help. At least now I know what to look for when I'm doing trade-ins so I can help the Best Buy employees do their jobs :D

[quote name='mabuhay13']Which Best Buy in Chicago can you get a VISA debit card using the gift cards?[/QUOTE]

Any Best Buy....if they deny you ask for a manager, if they deny you call corporate.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']This thread seems to be a great help for you, awesome! Here's more help. Don't be an idiot and pay attention to all transactions. Only you care about the bonus, something swiping twice at the grocery store and your money. Two pages of this inane shit to help someone who just needs to speak up, not sign the sheet unless the amounts are right and verify everything. Be a smart consumer first and you'll make all employees look good.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me, or is there a ton of September newbies that are treating others like crap? The above post is pointless (situation already clarified with a big thank you), and rude.

Also, "Only you care about the bonus, something swiping twice at the grocery store and your money." Please...newbies.....try to make sense!

So what are the chances that RE6 might jump back up to $20 again? Or is this not likely with BB trade in values? I took a day too long to get that mad skillz trophy. What a pain in the ass.

I think this might be my last chance to get some great value on some games i just care to play anymore. Grinding my way through a few of em now.

Really hope TIVs stay for the next few days since I cant get to best buy in NYC, and theyre probably not even open yet...

Also pissed that my AC3 with free expedited shipping wont be making it any time soon lol

But Im safe so thats what matters...

[quote name='paulwekiva']Also, "Only you care about the bonus, something swiping twice at the grocery store and your money." Please...newbies.....try to make sense![/QUOTE]

This made perfect sense to me and it's true. No one else in the world cares whether or not you get your gcu bonus at best buy or if something is accidentally swiped twice at the grocery store and you end up double paying for it. You have to be responsible for your wallet and stick up for yourself if you think a transaction isn't what it should be (and if you don't you forfeit the right to complain about it). I actually thought it was great advice.

Has anyone ever tried trading in controllers or fight sticks at Best Buy? I couldn't find a spot for em on the website, but figure I'd see if it's been done before here.

bread's done
Back